CTH8R

#593:

Wendy C.:

Almost a month ago my husband and my son went to Canadian Tire in Kingston (Gardiners/Hwy 38 store) and my son purchased a bicycle for about $200 (I believe it was $179.99 + tax). They came home and he didn't make it to the end of the street before it broke. We took it right back, and concerned about the quality, we wanted to return it and get a better (more expensive) bike. We were told we could NOT return it! Not even for store credit! They took the bike and said it would be repaired. We've checked weekly and the bike is still not repaired. So, after spending his hard earned money for a bike he needed, my son STILL has no bike, but Canadian Tire has his money. This weekend my husband and I went to Costco and spent over $400 ($359.99 + tax) to buy him a bike. We asked at the customer service desk and were assured if we got it home and it broke, just return it. I don't know what we'll do with the Canadian Tire bike, if/when they ever bother to get around to repairing it? Apparently Costco stands behind the products they carry and sell to their customers, but Canadian Tire does NOT. We are so upset and disappointed in Canadian Tire and the horrible customer service that we will not shop in your stores again.

Wendy C.:
... If a store won't stand behind the products THEY choose to carry and sell to their customers, I will never shop in that store again. Period.
I don't think the onus should be on the customer to know that a store as big as Canadian Tire doesn't stand behind the products they choose to sell. What happened to us seems like "hahaha! You bought it . . . sucks to be you!".
Costco, on the other hand, has a great customer service policy and returns and refunds customers when the products THEY (Costco) chooses to carry and sell to their customer are defective, damaged, inadequate, cheap, etc. etc.
You have done nothing but confirm I should NEVER shop at Canadian Tire EVER AGAIN!

Last edited:

CTH8R

#594:

Caitlin N.:
Hi Crappy Tire, thank you SO much for the great service. Bringing in my car to get my summer wheels on, and you ever so kindly forgetting to put 2 bolts back on. Or not tightening them properly. Whichever one it was such a lovely experience to pick my car up and have my steering wheel shaking so hard I could barely keep it straight. You think you would test drive it and ensure you give me back a car in proper, safe driving condition. Or, maybe something called "customer service" would be appropriate in this situation. Instead, when I finally find the time to bring my car back in (as it is SUPER inconvenient to be without my transportation to get to work), your location keeps my car for 2 hours before calling to let me know their machine is not working so they couldn't fix it. Oh no, they didn't check my cars tires at all, or even notice the bolts missing at this time. They gave me back my UNSAFE car which I drove for another week, going 100KM/HR on the HIGHWAY , EVERY DAY to work, with only TWO bolts holding my wheel on. Thank you for putting my life in danger due to your laziness and incompetence. Much appreciated. Not to mention the fact that my best friend just lost someone who was like a brother to her for the exact same reason. Car wheel fell off and crashed and died. It's great to know I can put my life in your hands. Then when I brought it in yesterday, it took me 5 times calling to get through, I was put on hold with no one to ever come back, hung up on, transferred, left on the line while your employees talked about their personal activities. When I called back today to pick my car up same thing, had to literally call 5 separate times as kept informing the person they were transferring me to auto service but no one was answering. "Ok sorry here's auto service" they would say and it would happen again. Thanks for wasting my time. Great customer service. NEVER going to your company again. IT IS NOT SAFE. Cheers Canadian Tire

CTH8R

Finally, and 'up-boycott' from Randy.

Congratulations, Maple Ridge, and CT "Head Office" (as if there really is such a thing!).

#595:

Randy M.: I made a complaint about the Maple Ridge B.C. store on here a few weeks ago and they asked me to contact them with more info. I did and the reply I got was basically "we've forwarded your complaint to the store and if you want to you can contact the store directly." Like I hadn't already done that. So from now on I will not be boycotting the Maple Ridge Canadian Tire. I will be boycotting ALL Canadian Tire stores.

CTH8R

#596:

Tracey L.:

I wanted to post about my experience this week at Canadian Tire. We bought a bike for my son's birthday on June 2nd at the new massive Canadian Tire in Edmonton. It wasn't an overly expensive bike ($100), but for what he'd be using it fore, we thought it was a good enough deal. We spent nearly $180 by the time we bought him a helmet, bell, lock etc. Tuesday night, after we got home, my husband had to spend hours tuning it, as the gears kept shifting. Wednesday, my son rode it for the first time and within a few blocks, the chain had fallen right off. Wednesday night, my husband spend another fair amount of time fixing the chain again. Thursday night, my son rode it again and the pedal fell right off and broke. At this point, we decided that perhaps it wasn't the right choice and wanted to return it. I pulled the receipt out of my wallet and noticed on the receipt that pre built bikes were non refundable. At NO time where we told this at the point of purchase from the cashier, however upon phoning the store today we were told that once we left the store with the bike, it was non refundable. They offered to fix the chain if we brought the bike back and when my husband asked if this offer was good every week because the chain and bike mechanisms are SO bad, that's what it will take...we were told no. Of course not! Should I have checked the receipt before leaving the store? Perhaps - but how many people actually do that? Did the cashier tell us about this policy at any time? No. This was a cheaper bike, I get that, but $100 is still $100 and now my son has NO bike. There are no words to express how angry I am. We had already picked out the bike we were going to exchange it for at Canadian Tire. Now Canadian Tire has lost a customer for good on top of the extra cash they would have made from the difference on another bike. Well done Canadian Tire on some great customer service.

CTH8R

Pretty close ...

Jo-Ann O.:

A couple of weeks ago I messaged about not receiving a back order from Feb 23, 2015. You pm me asking for additional information and I sent in pm to you. Unlike you suggested Canadian Tire has NOT got in touch with me about the light shades for the ceiling. GREAT customer service do you not agree!!!!!!!!! But no worries....it just mabe one less credit card for your staff to maintain and two less people for your cashiers to ring through....

CTH8R

I'll be generous, and only count this as 3:

#597, #598 & #599:

Nikki B.:

Absolutely terrible customer service at store 481. You have lost several loyal customers that shopped with you both for personal and business purchases.

CTH8R

#591:

Wendy C.:

Almost a month ago my husband and my son went to Canadian Tire in Kingston (Gardiners/Hwy 38 store) and my son purchased a bicycle for about $200 (I believe it was $179.99 + tax). They came home and he didn't make it to the end of the street before it broke. We took it right back, and concerned about the quality, we wanted to return it and get a better (more expensive) bike. We were told we could NOT return it! Not even for store credit! They took the bike and said it would be repaired. We've checked weekly and the bike is still not repaired. So, after spending his hard earned money for a bike he needed, my son STILL has no bike, but Canadian Tire has his money. This weekend my husband and I went to Costco and spent over $400 ($359.99 + tax) to buy him a bike. We asked at the customer service desk and were assured if we got it home and it broke, just return it. I don't know what we'll do with the Canadian Tire bike, if/when they ever bother to get around to repairing it? Apparently Costco stands behind the products they carry and sell to their customers, but Canadian Tire does NOT. We are so upset and disappointed in Canadian Tire and the horrible customer service that we will not shop in your stores again.

I realize now that this was a two-fer, so also #600!

CTH8R

#586:

Jennifer G.:

We were just returning a $40 purchase to Canadian Tire Prince George and were told that we could not make a return unless I provided ID with a complete name, address and phone number. I was not told this policy when I made my purchase nor did I provide ID when I made my purchase. I am not sure when it became acceptable for a store to DEMAND ID when making a return. I was told I could not return the item unless I provided my ID. Sorry Canadian Tire this is a bad practice and we will no longer shop at your store.

I'll take "we" as just 2 people, so #601.

Last edited:

CTH8R

#564:

Omar F.: Canadian tire is most worst place to buy a product from!
The management is corrupt none of my family member will ever spend or step at their door.
Walmart has one of the best policy in canada, when it comes to customer satisfaction.
Canadian tire you need to upgrade and update your business and attitude in a friendly manner.
I will not post what happen to me in your store, if you should wish to know contact me.
Bad business result in loosing of good customers.

Let's be nice and assume he only has 1 family member:

#602.

CTH8R

#603:

Kim M.:
So I bought a new barbeque,,,,,it's all together with my sons help,,,,,it doesn't work I called the store I bought it from asked if there were some suggestions none of which helped,,,,I then said Ok I will return it to you, his response was oh no you have put it together we can not take it back now......Seriously.......do not buy from Canadian tire ever,,,,,,,,,,,

CTH8R

#604:

Connie B.:
I went to Canadian Tire @ Espanola, Ontario. They ripped me off on the exchange, I called the company to complain but they said, "Sorry about your luck." If I would have cheated them they would have arrested me in the parking lot. I learned my lesson-I will never buy from them again. I urge everyone to use your credit card not cash!

CTH8R

#605:

Brian J:
CTC--big sale--went to buy--sold out, but salesperson offered a better unit at a reasonable price--packaging looked suspicious so I asked if this unit had been bought and returned--salesperson says NO--so I buy--go home, open the box, obviously HAD BEEN A RETURN AFTER BEING ASSEMBLED--I take it back--salesperson says they'll just have to sell it to someone else unless I want it at a further reduced price (some psychology folks)...still don't want this item used...ex-Canadian Tire customer.

CTH8R

#606:

Sorin L:
After spending $600 on car tires I've been treated like a thief. The manager of the car shop at Le Corbusier, Laval, Qc location, remotely locked the exit door in front of me. Then, he approached me and asked to inspect my shopping bag. Which shopping bag contained a pair of flip flops and a bag of chips paid for inside the store. I did those shoppings as I was waiting for the said tires to be installed on my car.
He let me go with no excuse or no explanation. Literally, I was treated like a thief!! Great dad's day gift Canadian Tire!
Guess what? I won't step foot in your stores again.

CTH8R

#607:

David K.:
Today was my LAST day that I will ever shop at a CANADIAN TIRE STORE. I went in to buy some light bulbs and gave the cashier a refund card I had for the total amount of $14.63.
I was told by the cashier that it was no longer valid that it had expired.
I asked her how that could be as I had returned the merchandise and was out of pocket my cash for this card.
She proceeded to tell me it must redeemed within a year.
I asked her where was the date expiration on the card itself ...she said on the back side of the card in small print it says that.
I looked and said there is NO DATE anywhere.
I then asked to speak to the store manager who said that is store policy and there is nothing she could do.
Again I said I am a senior citizen and although I may not be able to read the back of cards very well I was NEVER told that it must be used up in a year.
After all Canadian Tire now had both their merchandise and my cash and I had a worthless card.
That in my books is THEFT.
I told her as there was nothing she could do I would NEVER shop at a Canadian Tire Store again and would tell all my friends and post it everywhere on social media because LOWES does not keep the merchandise and steal your cash they believe in customer service .
After all they had probably already resold the product and had the use of my cash for that period of time and now they they simply stole it from me ....giving me nothing while they had both.
DISGUSTING!!!!?!

CTH8R

#608:

Mata K.:
Canadian Tire, is it a company-wide policy to demand a customer's home address when returning bike hooks? Yes, I do mean demand. When I indicated I wasn't comfortable with that policy, the customer service rep said, "Well, then I just won't return your item." Neither she nor the manager could adequately explain what that store policy is about and they did nothing to assuage my fears re: invasions of privacy. The manager basically could say only, "it's policy." When I asked why, he couldn't really answer my question. That's like saying a car moves because... without any further explanation.
He initially indicated the system at that store is hack-proof, but not foolproof. Sounds like a contradiction to me. He also said it helps employees track returns. That sounds more like a quality-control issue to me. I mean, if folks are repeatedly returning items, perhaps there's something wrong with said items. (I seriously doubt this is about theft deterrence or the reduction of fraud - it's not difficult to drive to another location to return items.)
The rep's demeanour was quite rude before the manager arrived to her till and her open-mouth gum-smacking was rather off-putting. I mean, if you're worried about your breath, use a mint. I will say the manager was genial, though ill-informed and not well-versed on his own store policies.
In the past month, I've spent about $400 at CT on a new bike and fan. You no longer have a monopoly, and based on today's unfortunate interaction and your staff's inability to explain to me why they needed my address, including postal code, to return bike hooks, I won't be spending any more money there. The policy is too shady and the ill-mannered customer service rep just took it over the top.
You seriously need to rethink this policy, or at least explain it to your managers so that customers don't worry someone's using the info for nefarious purposes.

CTH8R

#609 (perhaps permanently):

Joel S.:

With the amount of paper Canadian Tire shoves in my mailbox several times a week, multiplied by over a million for coast to coast coverage, I cannot imagine the amount of clear cutting needed to feed your need for incessant advertising. There is not chance in Hades I will shop at Canadian Tire while you continue with this environmental contempt. Mark that from a person who was a customer as far back as six decades at your erstwhile Yonge and Davenport store.

CTH8R

Only partial (1store)?

Carlie L.M.:

If you want to know where to not shop I suggest the Canadian Tire in the North of Regina! My mom went there and they wouldn't allow her a simple return and treated her with so much disrespect and spoke to her like she was a lesser human being. The customer service person helping her called the Manager and after he was also very rude to her he allowed her to get an in store credit, after she asked for their names so she could make a complaint about how rudely she got treated he told her in that case she didn't get a return and called security. If that isn't the most ridiculous thing you've ever heard then I don't know what is! Thanks Canadian Tire ! I now officially boycott you.

CTH8R

Partial?

I have never met such a grumpy and rude person working at any retail store in my life. How this person deals with the general public is unbelievable and how she still has her job is a miracle. The only reason I went to canadian tire is because I was in a pinch. I will never in my life go their for anything ever again. You know who you are at the auto desk on heron and bank in Ottawa. ‪#‎worstcustomerservice‬ ‪#‎lostacustomer‬

CTH8R

#610:

Kelly S.K.:

So my daughter takes her truck to Canadian Tire to get a BC Inspection, they advise her it wont pass unless she fixes a few things to the tune of $680. We all agree over the phone and she is in person..she goes back to pick it up and they advise as we are about to pay for it with our credit card that they will not accept phone payments.....last time we go to Canadian Tire

CTH8R

#611:

From Your Customer Service Is Horrible and You should be ashamed | Gripevine

On Thursday may 21st I purchaced a caliber and some other parts for my brake job to be done on the weekend. The were wrong as usual so i had Togo to our local parts store to replace them because I live out of town. On monday i returned to canadian tire on bayfield st to return my partsand your cashier manager Carolyn was working on the returns desk. I handed her the parts and my recipts and she told me that those parts were not from this store. I said yes i purchaced them on thursday. She said i was a lier and made me wait a half a hour while she went to the parts counter. Upon retun she rudely snapped at me shoved the parts at me and said go get the receipt for the parts you got from the other part place then we will talk. I asked for her name and to get the manager. She said i only need to deal with her. The better business bureau was then contacted after i left. I understand that everyone has a bad day but she was excessive and beyond rude. I left crying. First because of the 250.00 and second because i have never been treated with such disrespect. I am ashamed i ever shopped at such a low company and the better business bureau said they will help me get back my money and i will be sure to never ever step foot in your disgrace of a store again. Ps. After this complaint I am sharing my story on Twitter facebook and with W5.