CTH8R

#842:

Billy M.:

So I went to your store today because I shop there a lot and I thought for the first time ever in my life I would try to use your price match guarantee
I attempted to purchase the T-Fal active fry
So I went to the cash I had my information from Walmart and they told me no
They said they do not price match from big-box stores
It was the Canadian tire in Airdrie Alberta
And it was at 4:30 PM on a Saturday today
I guess you don't actually honor your policies
And as expected they just to hope nobody will ever try
So I left my product at the cash along with my other products and I am now going to Walmart

Last edited:

CTH8R

#843 & #844:

Tamara T.:

I feel it necessary to post my huge DISSATISFACTION about what you call maintenance service. First visit three weeks ago was mildly satisfactory. New tires were installed and new brakes put on. On the way home there was a new noise from the new rear brakes. Husband brought the car back later that day and the parts were filed down and new parts were ordered. Vehicle ran fine. New parts arrived and installed two weeks later (just last week) and guess what on the way home the noise was back again (note these were direct routes). So take the care in yet again for the fourth time in three weeks and your less than knowledgeable employee states that it's possibly a different issue and that we have to pay $80 to have the car inspected. Needless to say the fees were not paid and I seriously doubt anyone actually looked at the vehicle since we were told it was not the brakes. It's too much of a coincidence that the car only made noise after we brought it to your store to have the same part fixed. And it's still not fixed.
We will NOT be stepping foot in any of your stores
and we will be telling as many as people as possible what terrible service we've received. Thanks for listening.

CTH8R

#845:

What makes him think he'll ever get a refund??

Billy O.:

Purchased a remote starter for my car, also purchased the dball2 express kit for bypass and ease of installation. Both products look solid and good.... however the bypass module must be flashed (programmed) with vehicle specific data. I went to your saskatoon confederation branch and was told that the five minute flash could not be performed for 5 days (Thursday) because the remote installer was off. So I called the Preston branch and was told that they don't use this product so they can't help... OK. I bought a product that should be supported by you stores, I had it in my hand and nothing. I have wasted money and time. This is the apitomy of lazy and useless staff. No product knowledge, no customer service and no product support. I will be coming for a refund and spending my hard earned money elsewhere. After i receive my refund I will not ever set foot in your stores again.
Thus is what happens when you employ minimum wage, untrained, under achievers. What a freaking joke.

CTH8R

#846:

Colleen H.S.:

My husband purchased a 2 gallon oil less compressor December 2013 which came with a 3 year warranty. This was used primarily for pumping up car/bicycle tires and was kept out of the elements. In September of this year, he noticed it wasn't functioning properly and returned it, along with the receipt to our local store in Belleville, ON for repair.
He was advised this item couldn't be repaired and it was NLA, and a store credit was issued for $44.00. My husband ended up spending over $129.00 to replace the compressor with another one.
Scanning through the flyer this morning and I see you have that same unit on sale for $49.00??!!!
It saddens me to think that either your employees are ill trained in product availability, or this is the way the corporation makes it's money by forcing customers to invest more $$ to upgrade their original purchase.
We have always been firm believers in supporting Canadian companies, but now we are beginning to think twice about investing our hard earned $$ in your corporation.....

I'm not a fan of Crappy Tire. I'll just be more selective where I shop...lol

CTH8R

#847:

Susan D.B.M.:

I was appalled and embarrassed while shopping at your Currents location today. I was with my son and as he was using the self check out. The check out stopped working and required an attendant. The attendant was being reprimanded by the manager of the store. It was not only embarrassing for me to watch, it must have been a terrible experience for her. As we stood there waiting for it to be over and to have our till working the manager continued to speak to her. I made eye contact with him multiple times. He then continued to reprimand her for "our wait". After we paid, I went to customer service and got the name of the manager and explained to the service desk that it was rude and inappropriate to give this type of discipline to a employee in front of customers. From what i could clearly hear, the employee had left her till light on as she moved on to another station. I went and showed the card with the managers name on it to him. I explained that it was rude of him to do that to his employee. He did not seem bothered by any of it. His name is Anil Persaud and #230 #260. I will be looking at other stores to shop at this holiday season. And i hope they treat the employees under them with some care and compassion that this manager is lacking.

CTH8R

#848:

Randy M.:

We bought tires from Canadian tire, complete other road hazard warranty. Took a tire in for repair and were told it was not fixable. No problem be cue we have road hazard warranty, right? Not so. Apparently they don't make that tire in that size anymore. Save yourself some aggravation and buy your tires elsewhere.

CTH8R

#849:

Brian E.:

Let me tell you about my wonderful Canadian Tire experience. In 2012 I bought a Mastercraft drill press on sale. I gave it general use but soon noticed it had some limitations including a looseness in the spindle, but I was willing to work around them. Over time I noticed the gear mechanism was getting louder and the spindle play was becoming worse. It finally got so bad that I contacted Mastercraft. I was told to take the drill to a repair depot in Calgary for warranty repair. I drove to the “repair depot” and found a multi-home building with no address on it. When I telephoned the depot number I got “a guy” who told me he wasn’t there, and to leave the drill in a truck located in the back yard. He would get to it when he got back. Wrong thing to tell a retired police officer in one of the highest crime neighbourhoods in Calgary. I left and drove to my nearest Canadian Tire Store. After a not so great conversation with a manager, he agreed to replace my drill with a newer model, if I paid the difference in price. I needed the drill so I paid.
I set up the new one and it appeared not too bad, with the exception of the spindle wobble. It was tolerable however and I lived with it for four months. Then I tried using a Forstner bit to drill a hole in a bird house. As soon as the drill bit touched the wood the wobble became dangerous. A new bit was tried. No luck.
Back to Canadian Tire. At this point I was fed up. I’d been through enough with these drills and wanted my money back. Unreasonable? Hard to say. How much should a customer take?
After I told the manager my ordeal he flatly refused and said it had to go for repair. Oh boy. Here we go again.
I ended up calling the Canadian Tire Customer Service line from the store. After a nice lady heard my story she put me on hold so she could resolve the issue. After a while on hold I was tossed back into a waiting cue. Unknown to me I was summarily and automatically transferred to… Mastercraft! They had no idea who I was talking to before, and for the third time that day I had to tell them my story of woe. Again, how much does a customer have to take. I was told once again that it had to go for repair.
I then phoned the Canadian Tire Customer Service line again to talk to the original person. They had no idea who I was talking to originally (do so many people would there that they could they not have asked???). Apparently they don’t use their real names either. Guess what… I ended up telling the story a fourth time with the same result. There is more but those are the basics.
So far I have wasted many hours of my valuable time, been sent to the other side of the city to a so called repair depot, been disconnected and transferred from one person to another, all for a drill press that still doesn’t work. I do not want to be a Canadian Tire customer that badly!
I understand their repair policy, but after what they’ve put me through with a poor product, it could have been resolved easily by giving me the $125.00 or so of refund. I would have been a satisfied customer. I would tell people of my positive experience with Canadian Tire. As it is now, I will never shop there again (watch me) and I will go out of my way to tell other people what this company is like. I will lose them a lot more money than what that drill cost. I guarantee it.
One interesting thing I learned and a warning to all of you: Although Canadian Tire supposedly warranties its products, they are MAUFACTURER warranties. So, if you buy something there and it breaks the next day, it goes for repair and according to the form I read, it could take up to two months to be returned. Isn’t that comforting? “We stand behind the products we sell”. That’s what they say, only it’s waaaay behind. If you want security and a real guarantee on products, don’t shop at Canadian Tire.

CTH8R

#850:

Diane S.:

My friend went to Pincourt,QC store...bought a light for a furniture display case that in the past had lasted for 10 years...and the product YOU sold lasted all of 3 days!!! Then that day she had to go out of the country on an emergency trip when her brother was hospitalized...by the time she returned, the manager of the store, "Serge", openly laughed at her and mocked her...she had the receipt, she wasn't asking for a refund but for an exchange...he could have at least simply referred her to the manufacturer...but LAUGH??? MOCK??? That is something that would NEVER happen at Walmart, which is where I told her that she should be shopping, that American retailers care about their customers, they don't take them for granted. Your Pincourt store was absolutely bereft of customers, and only 1 cash...with a snarky cashier named Valerie...while Walmart in the same mall was bustling. That tells me what I need to know about the future of Canadian Tire...down the same road of mediocrity and irrelevance as Eaton's, Zellers, Target...I told her to write to Michael Medline. I highly doubt that he will be bothered to answer her. Funny that if one writes to the CEO of Kohl's or Macy's, they get an answer.

CTH8R

#851: Anne G.:

I am dealing with a lawnmower issue I bought it in May of this year and they had me take it to a repair shop it wasn't running after 2 times of using it I get a call the other day from the repair shop who says I used the wrong gas didn't know that there were different gases I used gas from a gas station he says I had to use e 10 which I later find out is not available in Canada but still waiting to find out about who is going to fix my mower and so far I have paid $40 to have the repair shop look at it will never buy anything from Canadian tire again

Anne G.: that's what I am waiting on called 3 days ago someone called me yesterday and now I hear nothing called for the guy 3 times got a rude woman the first time got someone who said he cant transfer me the second time and finally got someone to transfer me but got voicemail and he has not returned my call

Last edited:

CTH8R

Does he actually thinks it's an 'error', and not just a cash-grab?

Andrew S.:

Found this huge error at the Canadian tire Regina east (prince of Wales drive) store today and knowing what I paid in the spring for mine this price is double the actual regular price. Then I went onto the website and found the following picture which I will post in comments which is on par with the actual price, however the regular price at Walmart was $169. That's a huge discrepancy that would make any individual who doesn't pay attention to prices think they are getting a steal of a deal. Makes a person wonder what else they bought thinking they're getting an awesome buy that really wasn't much of a sale at all. This is a great stereo and the Bluetooth works awesome but the error I think is something people should be aware of on any sale

Andrew Shepley's photo.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153562581845100&set=o.90752524058&type=3&theater

$349.00

CTH8R

#852:

Paula P.G.:

I brought my vehicle in this morning to your location in Oshawa on Wilson. It was a first and a last frown emoticon The service was horrid from beginning to end. No phone call to tell me how much, what the problem was or when it would be ready. I had brought my vehicle in at 9:30am and had to call them at noon to find out what was going on. After being placed on hold for 15 mins, the guy told me we have to get the starter part and it should be ready in an hour and a half. When I gave them my keys this morning the cashier informed me they had the part in stock. I didn't hear anything by 2:30pm so I called back. The gent informed me that it would be ready in 30 mins. So I said, ok, I will head out now. I don't live in Oshawa. We got to the store at 3:45pm. And would you know it the vehicle wasn't ready. Was informed to come back in half an hour. I gave them an hour and it was ready when I got back. No one explained what the issue was and only informed me of the cost at checkout. My issue here is what kind of customer service is this? I will NEVER go back to this location. Extremely disappointed.

CTH8R

I'm pretty sure the Canadian Competition Bureau could dish out a fine for this:

#583:

Shawna E.:

This says the MILLENNIUM FALCON is 17.49 and that the Commander Star Destroyer Is 29.99 however when I went to your store I was told that the Millennium Falcon is not 17.49. The picture clearly says on the box of the toy MILLENNIUM FALCON not Commander Star Destroyer. I bought this for more than advertised as I have a very excited little boy awaiting christmas as he asked " Santa" for this toy however I will no longer be shopping at your store. If it says the name on the box I should of paid 17.49 for it, False advertising.

CTH8R

#854:

Jeffrey B.: I would love to shop at canadian tire again but refuse to until they make it right for missing up my truck. 3 years and counting now. Rather loose a customer for 450.

CTH8R

#855:

Justin M.: In fact after my tire buying experience from canadian tire I'm never buying anything from them again bo matter how good of a deal

CTH8R

#855:

Steve M.:

This place sucks had to wait 5 weeks for my tires to come in. They made an appointment for 1200 today it's now 1430 and they haven't even taken my truck in yet... in a huge hurry for your money but not to give u the service that they took your money for. Never spending a dime at Cobourg Canadian tire again...

HappyHarry

I stopped using Canadian Tire 8 years ago. I wanted to exchange a drill press I had bought the day before and was told I would have to deal with the manufacturer. After 8 years and noticing that their return policy seemed to have changed, I gave them another try. Well, that was a mistake. I bought a Bissell robot sweeper from them and the brushes get caught on everything. I have 2 Roomba robot vacuums that perform as advertised, and I have been happy with those models for many years. So I tried to return it this morning and was told I couldn't. Something about an exchange only policy. Nowhere was this posted before the sale. At no point was I told this would be the case. This is the Canadian Tire scam. I know I will not be buying anything from them ever again.

For those that do, I suggest you ask them to look up the return policy on each and every item you are going to buy.

CTH8R

#858, for those of you counting:

I stopped using Canadian Tire 8 years ago. I wanted to exchange a drill press I had bought the day before and was told I would have to deal with the manufacturer. After 8 years and noticing that their return policy seemed to have changed, I gave them another try. Well, that was a mistake. I bought a Bissell robot sweeper from them and the brushes get caught on everything. I have 2 Roomba robot vacuums that perform as advertised, and I have been happy with those models for many years. So I tried to return it this morning and was told I couldn't. Something about an exchange only policy. Nowhere was this posted before the sale. At no point was I told this would be the case. This is the Canadian Tire scam. I know I will not be buying anything from them ever again.

For those that do, I suggest you ask them to look up the return policy on each and every item you are going to buy.

Keep in mind, the Exchange Only policy isn't as bad as the dreaded Repair Only policy (for most outdoor power equipment, such as snow blowers), where they won't even give you an exchange, let alone a refund.

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...pair-only-warranty-no-refund-no-exchange.html

Last edited:

CTH8R

Crappy contest, where Canadian post photos to the Crappy Facebook page, in hopes of winning something.

It's annoying because it makes it harder to find the complaints amongst the foolish contest entries.

Anyway, here's one:

#859:

Barb Pazdziora This post would apply to KEN DRIVER AND HIS CUSTOMER SERVICE STAFF AT SARNIA LOCATION CANADIAN TIRE STORE. DON'T SHOP THERE AND EXPECT TO DA ANY EXCHANGES HASSLE FREE IF YOU DON'T HAPPEN TO DRIVE AND HAVE A LICENSE. YES MOST PEOPLE CARRY AROUND A STACK OF MAIL IN THEIR PURSE! WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!!!!!~

CTH8R

I think this should have counted as #860:

Maybe just a "3.5", because she might be willing to try another store ...

Angela H. I WILL NEVER shop at your Sylvan Lake Alberta store again in my life, I have three babies and NO ONE on staff would help me change my tire.... So disgusted