Skeds

Do we need to pay somebody to draft this garbage for a living. Re sec5.2 Reasonable Quantities.... Just wing it baby! Reasonable quantities - F***Off

CTH8R

Previously, you said "I ... picked my first fight as soon as I walked in the door".

And now you are unhappy because you didn't get a warm reception???

When your statements were challenged, you didn't do any checking, post a researched rebuttal, post a correction, or even just apologize.

Instead you made things worse by accusing and insulting the people who posted contrary information, with references.

I'm sorry if we incorrectly tagged you as being a CTer, but that was how you sounded, and you didn't do anything up until now to correct that impression.

You do seem to have so good ideas on other topics, though, and there are suitable threads in place for those discussions.

But you still don't seem to understand the laws regarding Bait And Switch: what it means, what the retailer is obligated to do, what the consumer is entitled to.

CT Challenger

Skeds:

There is a huge imbalance of power, between retailers and consumers.

The retailers specify and procure the products, they design and build the stores, the post the signage, create policies, hire and train the staff, create the advertising, and so on. At each step, the retailers can optimize the advantages for themselves, and maximum how much they give back to the consumer.

So, the consumer is at a disadvantage because they can only compare retailers, perform some due diligence, and try to make the right choices. There is precious little in the way of laws and regulations to protect them.

It's very disheartening to hear from a consumer like yourself that you don't even like the meager laws that we do have. We are also routinely misinformed, here, by the CT people who claim that the laws don't even exist, or don't apply to us. Even then, the laws are rarely enforced.

So, your obvious sympathy for the difficulties the retailers may have faced, is not going to get a warm reception at a pro-consumer web site. You will need, as the saying goes, to "get used to it".

Sure, there are going to be consumers who are unhappy when they show up on the last say of the sale, and all the stock is gone.

Some might show up on the 2nd day of a 'supplies are limited' sale, and be unhappy that the limited supplies are already gone.

But there are certainly cases where retailers advertise a sale, don't order or stock reasonable amounts, don't tell consumers there isn't enough, and don't offer or honour Rain Checks. in these cases, the retailers are clearly inconveniencing consumers, getting extra traffic they don't deserve, and are likely breaking the law.

In short, you seem to be focused on situation that are not 'bait and switch', and ignoring the cases that are, where a customer has a legitimate complaint, and the retailer should be held to account.

It's nice that you know the in's and out's of inventory control.

The these problems are entirely the problem of the retailer, and shouldn't be foisted onto the consumer.

If the retailer can't do their job properly, then they should pay the price, and stick to the rules next time.

This is because its an inventory issue not an ethics issue. And you can fix those things.

Failure to follow the laws, to the disadvantage of consumers and the honest retailers is, indeed, and ethics issue.

A retailer's duties cannot be disregarding just because, "Gee, it's really hard to follow the law"!

Sorry, but you seem to be trying to 'blame the victim' in the cases where actual Bait and Switch has taken place, and even ignoring the very definitions and laws on which this is based.

I find that very disappointing. However, it seems that you still have a thing or two that could be valuable for consumers to hear.

CT Challenger

OK, hold the phone.

Let's have a peek at how Mr. Skeds treats his "friends and neighbours" who work down at Crappy Tire, when a large tool box turns out to be defective:

I LOSE IT! Fire the whole unit in my F150 and head for CT Innes rd. I drove up on the sidewalk - pulled it out smashing it on the ground denting it and pushed it right through the doors as you would bounce a drunk out of a bar. From 15 feet I yelled "I bought this 20 minutes ago and I want my money back on the card." I yelled at them - the lady was so intimidated with this display she just followed instructions. I told her "You cant keep selling garbage like this!" Got my refund

So, this is the procedure that you recommend all customers should follow?

I now have serious doubts, that your sensitive feelings were actually hurt, when you were told you were wrong, before.

(But I can see why links to proof and legislation wasn't really going to sway you, LOL!)

Don't get me wrong: I'm NOT trying to back up the devious Crappy People.

And I normally back up consumers, as much as I can, in their dealings with retailers who break the rules.

But in this case, I just can't endorse intimidation as a way to treat others.

And I don't see it as a viable alternative to consumer legislation.

Have a nice life.

I'm not sure what else to say. Good luck with your shouting and bullying? It's OK to yell at Crappy People? I don't know - I'm just at a loss.

Last edited:

1wildhorse

to skeds
not being funny here m8 but for someone with such an obvious temper,who has encountered problems with CT and found the only way to get satisfaction was to literally THROW the bloody thing back at them,we are just a little confused as to why you would choose to defend this horrible company.come sit on the other side of the fence....

CTH8R

Let's see:

- Advertised at a sale (in the flyer).
- No notice that the isn't any stock (based on the description).
- Zero stock at opening time on the first day.

Sounds like a disappointing inconvenience for customers like Terry.

And if the store didn't offer Rain Checks & honour them? It would be Bait & Switch, based on what's described.

Terry M.: Canadian tire sucks. They never have the items that are on sale in their flyer. Even if you get there at opening time on the first day of the sale. Worst customer service I have experienced. I try not to go there as I usually come out of the satire wit high blood pressure.

Not quite a full Boycott, yet:

Terry M.; If I ever decide to go back to the store I am sure I will have another bad experience to email you about.

Last edited:

1wildhorse

also bear in mind that being in canada a lot of people have to drive some considerable distances to get said items on the first day of the flyer that arent even there.....its understandable to my mind how some folks would be just a little pissed off there....

Sangria5

OK, hold the phone.

Let's have a peek at how Mr. Skeds treats his "friends and neighbours" who work down at Crappy Tire, when a large tool box turns out to be defective:

So, this is the procedure that you recommend all customers should follow?

I now have serious doubts, that your sensitive feelings were actually hurt, when you were told you were wrong, before.

(But I can see why links to proof and legislation wasn't really going to sway you, LOL!)

Don't get me wrong: I'm NOT trying to back up the devious Crappy People.

And I normally back up consumers, as much as I can, in their dealings with retailers who break the rules.

But in this case, I just can't endorse intimidation as a way to treat others.

And I don't see it as a viable alternative to consumer legislation.

Have a nice life.

I'm not sure what else to say. Good luck with your shouting and bullying? It's OK to yell at Crappy People? I don't know - I'm just at a loss.

LoL. Starting to sound like 8Her, 1donkey and CT Galenger are all the same person. Is ther really any REAL posters here?

CTH8R

Several questions on Rain Checks, so here's the official site and info:

Price-related Representations - Competition Bureau

5.3 Rainchecks for Non-available Items

Offering and fulfilling rainchecks is another defence available to retailers should allegations be made that no reasonable supply of the special was made available.
However, it should be emphasized that this defence will only apply in a case of bona fide non-availability and not where there is a systematic practice of advertising at bargain prices with no genuine effort to supply in reasonable quantities during the currency of the sale.
Retailers should prominently display the terms and conditions of any raincheck policy in their stores as well as in their advertising

Owner 1

A power imablance? I think you're backwards

Today consumers have FAR more information to make good decisioins then they have ever had. Current data shows that over half of all major purchases are researched online before going to a retailer in person. With websites from the store, the manufacturers, consumer websites (hate and like sites) there is way more information available to compare specs, prices, warranties, sales, stock etc.....

1wildhorse

looks like i am h8r.**** off sangria
alternatively try to come up with a relevant post that actually has some merit and cant be picked apart in mere seconds because canadian tire is crap.

Last edited:

1wildhorse

dont forget this 'donkey' took you through the court system and walked away with $5k....
plus of course skeds actually came on here DEFENDING you lot....sad really youre just not worth it....

Last edited:

Sangria5

dont forget this 'donkey' took you through the court system and walked away with $5k....
plus of course skeds actually came on here DEFENDING you lot....sad really youre just not worth it....

I've read your posts. I believe I will call bullshit on your story. First, if you went through the courts, then there would be a record of it. Second, I don't believe that you would get $5000 on a generator worth under $1000. No I just think you are a figment of 8hers imagination, just like a few other fake posts on his blog.

CTH8R

Want a deal on an exercise bike? Good luck to you!

Germain G.: I had stopped going to CT due to the staff in auto service being so rude. But I saw the deal on Livestrong exercise bike and wanted one. 1599 for 599. Checked the web page and Orillia stated they had some in stock. Drove all the way to Orillia (30 mins) and they were renovating the back of the store but no bike could be seen, I proceeded to service/returns and spoke to a very nice lady, she wasn't aware of all the web deals so called a person in fitness. From her reaction he was pretty rude to her. She attempted to help me, when this guy barged in and was extremely rude to her in front of customers and wasn't much better with me. He checked and said their was one on display, I told him no, I was just there. He argued, told me to follow him, it wasn't there, told me to follow him to the back, where he proceeded to ask as if I was wasting his time. Do you want to look at the size of the box or do you actually want to buy this? couldn't find it. Look at the computer again, went in the back again, when he returned he said they were all out? the computer told him they had some, the net said they had some???? too lazy to continue looking he offered to look up other stores??? why, he couldn't even find his own. Will never waste my time at this store again. Orillia stay away... and nice lady at the front, don't take that crap, it's totally innappropriate

1wildhorse

I've read your posts. I believe I will call bullshit on your story. First, if you went through the courts, then there would be a record of it. Second, I don't believe that you would get $5000 on a generator worth under $1000. No I just think you are a figment of 8hers imagination, just like a few other fake posts on his blog.
yawn.as h8r says take this to an appropriate thread if you want.i dont really care.i got my money...

CTH8R

Teresa TR.: Hoping for a response from my email on Sunday to your customer care department, regarding zero available stock on fitness equipment in SW Ontario on an advertised flyer item with no rain checks available!

CTH8R

An accidental understocking ... or "bait & switch"?

Kathi N.N.: Great promo - if stuff was actually in stock - I drove 65+km roundtrip to Goderich yesterday and there were no resin shelves. Today I drove 108 km roundtrip to Listowel and there were no resin shelves, but they said they had substitutes. I took the three remaining shelves up to the till and was promptly charged reg price. They then had to call someone that had directed me to the replacements, to fix it.
It doesn't really make me want to deal with a company that offers a promo on one day, when the items aren't in stock. Fyi - my mom drove to Goderich yesterday and was told the same thing re deck paint not in stock, and as I looked around the store and listened to people asking where the featured items were - everything was not in stock. Very poor preparation for such a big sale. This is how the old Wingham store was for every flyer, and as you know it closed - people get very tired of it, which is why Zellers also died.

CTH8R

How about this one?

Ed G.: Canadian tire sucks again . They didn't have the item I wanted that was in the flyer , today is the first day of the flyer . The nearest one was in Richmond . They do this on a regular basis . Their flyer is a waste of paper. I'm going to spend my money at wal mart at least they have what's in their flyer

Ed G.: The speaker was what I was trying to get also. I hope customer service from can tire is reading this that is at least two sales lost

CTH8R

Seems to be happening a lot lately ...

Catherine U.H.: Ed, my husband had the same experience yesterday. He was definitely not impressed. He left work early to get the speaker as a Father's Day gift. The store he went to never had any in stock. And when a store associate checked, it turned out that there were none available in all of Ontario.