CTH8R

Ryan S.: Yeah right canadian tires mechanics would put the tires on the wrong way. Then try and charge you again for fixing something they did wrong. Plus every thing that store has is faulty. The management and staff are completley incompetent. Its that or they just dont give a crap. One of the two.

CTH8R

Fanterra F.: I have had nothing but problems with the Canadian Tire staff in my local service center as well. I dread having to go back and get my sensor fixed that they broke, then replaced with one that wont be reset. I AM NOT PAYING FOR IT. I came out with more problems than when I went in. I was insulted by the management as well. Canadian Tire please feel free to contact me. My boyfriend had a similar experience with his car.

CTH8R

Ooo-oooo, that Spam!

Tino L.: I agree with you I wouldn't use CT if they were the last garage on earth, I got a run around with a tire purchase they made me drive out there twice before they tried a bait and switch. I bought low profiles for my wifes car only because they were half price and it took them 3 hours to install from the time they pulled the first tire off, they said their equipment couldn't handle the job

CTH8R

Nels H.: Canadian tire has ridiculously bad customer service at almost any level. After an absolute fiasco regarding wrong tires installed, wrong tires reordered, Saturday mechanics with no certification, a $60,000 truck almost lost off a lift onto a concrete floor, I cancelled my order, contacted customer service and got the orbital referral..needless to say the Canadian Tire store in Spruce Grove Alberta has lost the business of our entire family and a good percentage of the other fifty people I have told about the experience. Canadian tire used to be a decent store but it is worth a few extra bucks to get a vastly better quality of service at other more professional places of business.

CTH8R

Clay M.: last time it almost cost me $2000 from Canadian Tire and they are not even quality tires... this year I am going to Kal Tire

Clay M.: actually, so I heard today. The tires I was sold from Canadian Tire would actually cost me a $200 fine as they are not of the correct raiting... They said they only had 1 type for the vehicle I have and they were high quallity snow tires.... I guess I shouldda insisted on seeing them. but who wouldda thought someone with Canadian in their name could be dishonest...

CTH8R

God! I just LOVE IT when CT pays Facebook to Spam Canadians about Tires!!!

Brian A.: And I thought I was the only one who got ripped off I purchased 4 new winter tires from Can-tire and they still charged me $130. To mount and balance and wanted another $120 to stud them.

Last edited:

CTH8R

I guess he didn't make the papers, because he caught their error before any wheels fell off:

Jordan S.: I would not trust CT with my car anymore. I had been taking my truck to CT for a while. The last time I had 2 tires installed, the mechanic hand threaded the lugs back on and replaced the cap. Not a tool touched the lugs! 5 minutes after leaving the whole back end of my truck was shaking violently. Luckily I was 1 min from home. And I limped home. When I opened the cap the lugs were a full 1" off the rim! Luckily I made it home safe to tighten them myself. After I tightened them up I drove back to CT and all the service manager could say was "you're lucky, sorry about that" No remorse, no refund, no nothing. I wonder what the response would have been had I been killed or struck another car/person. What a shame.

CTH8R

Ruth K.: Went to can tire mount pearl yesterday ordered 4 tires about $750 . Told to return
in 1 1/2 hrs . Went back they said they couldn't find tires. Ordered a different set and they said they would call us in an hour. No call so we went back to the garage. They took our van in and proceeded to remove our wheels...
Well 45 mins later we are told they don't have tires. Waited another 1/2 hr for our van and they tell us to go to Kelsey Dr and they have the tires ready there.
Got to the store,they had the tires but couldn't install them.
We bought tires but will try to have installed later.
Not pleased with Mount Pearl service at all.

CTH8R

Good advice from Nick:

Nick F.: Snow tires are made of softer rubber than summer tires and meant to be used only in the winter. If you put them on now they will be partially worn out by the time you need them. Good idea Canadian tire, then you can sell more tires. All Canadians know you are thieves.

CTH8R

Patrick T.: and you can pay less by going to walmart for the same tire.... anf forget the expertise with can tire they cant even adjust a carburator....

CTH8R

The word is getting out!

Thank you, Failed Social Media Team at Crappy Tire!

You used the money you ripped off from Canadians, and gave it to Facebook to fund a Spam campaign...

Which (as always) back-fired, with an out-pour of negative feed-back!

And now we are seeing confirmations like this one:

Lyn C.: Now I'm not sure if I want to get my winter tires there

CTH8R

Insider's view on tire inventory:

Jim M.: Their inventory is out because the Dealer is too cheap to arrange for a full inventory every year . I worked in the Orangeville store and of the computer said they was 10 , there was -2 .No one corrected they inventory because they simply did NOT care . One time I found 40+ tires in stock that where NOT posted .

CTH8R

Eric D.: Always check the date on the tires. can tire will sell outdated and/or defective tires that can wear out within a yr

CTH8R

Angela M.: Quite a few years ago I had two tires replaced and wanted my rear tires rotated to the front.... They threw out all my tires, replaced all four and when I said I didn't want new ones on the front they told me I could go in the back and find my tires....

CTH8R

Anyone interested in the bogus "If it is warm in winter, we'll give you a refund" offer?

Lynda B.: I'd like to come and take you up on your offer but I feel that I would walk out with a bill I didn't ask for and a job I did ask for that would have to be done again. Speaking from experience.

CTH8R

Shaun R.: why would anyone go to Canadian tire for tires? This is the worst place to have tires installed. Please for your own safety don't have Canadian tire touch your car

CTH8R

When CT pays Facebook to spam Canadians about auto repairs, you just KNOW its gonna be good!

Charles P.: It's sad that you can't even trust Canadian Tire to do simple things like "getting a car ready for winter". Today I had someone take my car in for me (I'm disabled and need help) just to get the winter tires swapped on (They are even on winter rims already, it's such a simple job) and before we got home I had a message left on my machine saying they broke a lug nut stud and it would cost ME $90 to replace it and also that I HAD to replace it or the tire wouldn't go back on if it wasn't replaced (BS) , then a 2nd message saying there was other work needed and that it was not worth their time to replace just the lug (For $90) unless I got all the other work done too. When I called to find out what else "needed" to be done, they couldn't tell me unless I paid for an inspection first... Also when I talked to the person who picked up the vehicle for me, the "mechanic" said he heard a strange noise when he was driving it into the shop and BANGED around the area until he found what was broken...(Ya his words...) I told them to forget the extra repairs and they refused to replace the lug nut stud (Whether I paid for it or not). I'm smart enough to never use Canadian Tire for anything major, but I figured a winter tire swap would be within their capabilities...

CTH8R

Kevin B.: Went to the Grande Prairie store back in 2010 to get a simple nail pulled out of my tire and patched. I was told it would take only 30mins. Ended up staying from 8am to 2pm. Never going back to CT for anything other than simple fishing tackle and ammo.

CTH8R

Jazle D.C.: This is an automated reply right? Because its always the same thing when you reply. Can't you guys undedstand i don't have the patience to wait for 2-3 days to wait for reply on my email after spending 2k just to get scratched rims after being installed for 5 mins

CTH8R

Brian G.: Last week my girlfriend went to get new tires at Canadian Tire and they dropped her blue ranger off the hoist. I cant imagine the unseen troubles shes sadly going to come across. Not too mention all the bondo on the truck now. Went in brand new and came out loosing more than half the resale value. Thanks guys