Regarding the revised Home Depot return policies posted on their web site:
Well, this in interesting.
This web site seems to say that Home Depot has now implemented a "repair under warranty" policy, for just two very specific items:
- Lawn tractors
- Lawn mowers.
This will be interesting to confirm - the last time people looked into this, there was no such policy, for any HD item.
If so, that will mean that, for lawn tractors and law mowers, Home Depot is now about as crappy as Crappy Tire has been for years.
I must say, this is very disappointing. It's hard to believe that HD would decide to stoop to Crappy Tire's low level.
We really should confirm this at a local store!
Now, that being said, let's not forget the big picture:
- Canadian Tire has the dreaded Repair Only Policy for a very wide range of products, including all types of outdoor power equipment.
- Not just these two items, but also: snow blowers, electric generators, compressors, weed eaters, etc.
- Also for ordinary household appliances, such as blenders, vacuums, irons, etc.
- CT also sucks because they have an "Exchange Only" warrantly on many items that escaped the Repair Only category.
- CT even has a large number of items that are "No warranty", meaning they won't even repair it.
- CT has a long history of terrible customer service.
So, overall, we can conclude that Canadian Tire still sucks far more than Home Depot, or any other major Canadian retailer.
Yes, it really will be a shame, if HD truly has decided to become as Crappy as Crappy Tire is, for those 2 specific products.