CTH8R

Karen C.: Took my car in to see about a rattle in muffler system and they told me I needed a whole new Muffler from front to back. All it was, was a clamp holding the muffler up. I even knew the mechanic who checked it at CT and he was my sister in law's brother. Very sad.

CTH8R

Carol Lee J.: Who does not know that is how Canadian Tire works,never take your car there for anything,you alway come out with problems,I know people that has happened to,thank goodness a have a mechanic son,by no means am I saying their mechanics are not good,just C.T.ways of business.

CTH8R

Julie M.C.: I agree Eileen. I've had similar experiences. Canadian tires everywhere are the same. I had my brakes done years ago, went 2 months later to get my snow tires on & they told me I needed new brakes. Sorry, didn't fall for it.

CTH8R

Bridget R.: canadian tire charged me 1300 bucks to fix the brakelines and I went off the road NO BRAKES - they lied and then they denied!!

CTH8R

Jeez, what's going on lately??

Shirley D.L.: Took my car to get the tires rotated. They told me I needed over $2100 worth of brake lines etc work. Except that my regular mechanic had just done maintenance on the breaks the week before. And he's honest. So I told them I would have to go home and think about that. Stopped at my mechanic's on the way home and showed him. He was so angry. There was nothing wrong with my break lines, rotors or anything else. Good thing I trust my real mechanic.

CTH8R

Crappy decided to post some lame 'driving tips', like don't hit stuff:

Jason W.: Pro driver tip. Don't let Canadian tire work on your vehicle. They're careless and don't own up to their mistakes.

CTH8R

Chris F.: Why does Canadian tire try to prey on people and there vehicles? Is it because the common person doesn't know much about vehicle mechanics, so the service staff can take advantage? I gave specific instructions. Driver side rear tire has a screw in it. After an hour I came to check on my vehicle to see what was taking so long and the passenger tire was off. WHY CHECK THE OTHERS? I never had a problem with the passenger, I specifically asked for the driver side to be repaired. The spent an hour on the passenger side, found a small nail. Who would be expected to pay for that? I never asked for the passenger to be repaired, as far as I knew there wasn't a problem with the passenger side. Now I am late for work, because my instructions weren't followed.

CTH8R

Jess J.:
Never go to Airdrie Canadian tire! Ruined my car, had no record of me even getting work done on my car.....even when I had the receipt and the manager of the store wouldn't even talk to me. Garbage store. #airdriecanadiantire

CTH8R

Stephen C.: Bunch of crooks...definitely don't get your e-test done by these thieves!

Stephen C.: You actually had an automated response from the store. It asked me to do a customer satisfaction survey. I responded then about my displeasure, and nobody got back to me like they said. I recieved an e-test at your 2070 Appleby Line, Burlington, ON location. I had a scheduled appointment for an oil change and e-test. I waited for about 2 1/2 - 3 hours for my car to be done. And when i voiced my displeasure and asked to speak to a manager nothing was done and i was told that is just the wait it is by the lady behind the desk. She stated my car failed the yes and i asked her why. She said it failed a readiness code. I asked her what caused the failure and she said she couldn't tell me that's was a $100 test and they didn't have anyone in who could perform it. I asked her if they checked the gas cap, because that is usuallythe problem on the Honda civic. She said no they don't do that and there was no management i could speak too. I paid and left annoyed. I then was reading over the paperwork it said my lights were fine, i had a burnt out headlight, it said my fluids and washer fluid were good, i was out of washer fluid and had to add break fluid. Whoever did the service just checked everything because they wanted to go home. A week later i installed a new gas cap and passed the test. I guess good customer service is a lot to ask from theives.

Stephen C.: Sorry it was 777 guelph line location not Appleby

Stephen C.: Still waiting...not surprised...just like the appointment i made...

CTH8R

Rae O.: Total waste we contacted them they told us to contact store we wrote a letter and no reply from the store Dauphin Mannitoba Canadian Tire changed the wrong spark plug when we were at Countryfest and charged us over $200 if they are mechanics and dont know where #4 plug is they should not be in business

CTH8R

Stephen C.: Bunch of crooks...definitely don't get your e-test done by these thieves!

Stephen C.: You actually had an automated response from the store. It asked me to do a customer satisfaction survey. I responded then about my displeasure, and nobody got back to me like they said. I recieved an e-test at your 2070 Appleby Line, Burlington, ON location. I had a scheduled appointment for an oil change and e-test. I waited for about 2 1/2 - 3 hours for my car to be done. And when i voiced my displeasure and asked to speak to a manager nothing was done and i was told that is just the wait it is by the lady behind the desk. She stated my car failed the yes and i asked her why. She said it failed a readiness code. I asked her what caused the failure and she said she couldn't tell me that's was a $100 test and they didn't have anyone in who could perform it. I asked her if they checked the gas cap, because that is usuallythe problem on the Honda civic. She said no they don't do that and there was no management i could speak too. I paid and left annoyed. I then was reading over the paperwork it said my lights were fine, i had a burnt out headlight, it said my fluids and washer fluid were good, i was out of washer fluid and had to add break fluid. Whoever did the service just checked everything because they wanted to go home. A week later i installed a new gas cap and passed the test. I guess good customer service is a lot to ask from theives.

Stephen C.: Sorry it was 777 guelph line location not Appleby

Like · March 20 at 10:56am

Canadian Tire Hi Stephen, so sorry for your wait. We're escalating your complaint and you should be hearing from a representative shortly! Again, so sorry for this inconvenience.
Like · March 20 at 4:10pm

Stephen C.: Finally at least found some sort of resolution to this problem. At least got some sort of resolution from Canadian Tire. Turns out drive clean has changed in order for them to scam more money out of you. When asked why don't you alter your practices slightly so that you can push for better customer service, or being the largest supplier of the service push for better customer focused drive clean testing. Thanks again Canadian tire for making the least value for my money. But it's weird because if you go to a smaller shop they tell you why you probably failed and what they can do...sign of corporate greed.

CTH8R

Ed A.: Automotive service ranks the very lowest on consumer reports I know I have been fixing there mistakes for 25 years avoid there auto shops if you can they all should be shut down !

CTH8R

Michael J.B.: In the last 10 years i have been to three separate Canadian Tires in southern Ontario for auto work. I was told during these occasions that work was required to be done on my vehicle (ford f150 brake rotors improperly worn was latest). Each time I brought my vehicle in to the related vehicle dealer for a second opinion... And surprise, the vehicle was fine without any issues.

CTH8R

Soooo close to a Boycott:

Brent D.: LMFAO Canada's garage What a joke all you do is take off old parts and put on new ones You Fix NOTHING was quoted 1600.00 for a brake job took it elsewhere to a real mechanic and cost me 400.00 everything included this was 1.5 years ago and they are working just fine btw NOT 400 per wheel lol

Brent D.: no need for further discussion I will never get ripped off like that

Brent D.: oh and on another point ever since you started harassing customers with stupid surveys as they walk through your front door Just to get them to sign up for your cards I have found other places to get cheaper parts cost wise

CTH8R

Ian B.: That's about all your mechanics are qualified to do. I was there yesterday and I caught a rep from parts trying to scam me. The guy crumples up my receipt and try's to switch it with another. Thieves and liars

CTH8R

Catherine A.S.:

I took my car into Canadian Tire because there was no heat and the car was overheating. There was however a small leak by the passenger side of my radiator which could clearly be seen on my driveway (pictures). Canadian tire had said it was caused by my water pump not working and that was the cause of the no heat and the car overheating and it would cost me $600 to get that fixed. Unhappy but FINE. When he handed me the keys he said it was fixed.

12 days later I bring it back because I have no heat and my car is overheating STILL, and was leaking out that very same spot.

They are now telling me that they did fix those issue's and that there is now a different issue causing the same problem as I originally took it in for. Only now he says there is a different leak in a different spot (a seal) that he must have missed and maybe it's also my thermostat, and that is going to cost me now $1200 for them to pull it apart again for a $18 thermostat and a $12 seal.

But yet I still only have the same one spot from the leak on my driveway? (again pictures available)

Yes, we were understandable upset. I paid for work do be done on my car that didn't fix either of the reasons it was brought in for in the first place. Yes, words were exchanged. Alex from the Canadian Tire Shawnessy even threatened to not put the car together, take it as is....

I have no problem paying for parts. But why would I pay them to go back in and fix what they were supposed to in the first place. All the supposed work they did resolved zero of my reported problems, only made it worse. Obviously the water pump was not the issue or the leak if it is still there. I asked him if they even tried to turn on the heat? or take it for a drive to see if it overheats? No they did not, all he could counter was by asking me why it took me 12 days to bring it back in .... my answer is because I work and didn't have time until this weekend. Friday they closed early, so Today I did......

We were fortunate enough to audio record our encounter with Alex from the Shawnessy Canadian Tire who was trying so hard to convince us that he fixed the problem but something else is now causing the exact same no heat/overheating issue .... makes you think. Doesn't it.

This and the audio of him trying to convince us that something new is causing the problem can be seen on youtube.

CTH8R

Catherine A.S.: Does Canadian Tire really think their customers are that stupid?

Catherine A.S.: He says he fixed it. So if I am still having the same problems it must be something new ..... causing the same problems? Really?!?!?!

Catherine A.S.: Already have ...