CTH8R

I assume Crappy Tire tries to discourage negative comments, by not allowing consumers to post anything to a 'general' wall thread.

Luckily, they've ticked off consumers enough, that we are willing to post just about anyplace we can find!

And thus we have ... #338:

Carole R.: Well, since there seems to be no place to write comments, I'll just put mine here. After my experiences with 3 different Canadian Tire stores, in the Eastern Townships of Quebec, over the last two days (Granby, Sherbrooke, Cowansville), you can rest assured that I will NEVER buy anything from them again. The words "customer service" seems to be in a foreign language. I was so frustrated in the end that had I not needed the product because we're leaving on a long trip in 2 days, I would have left it there and said good riddance.

Last edited:

CTH8R

#339:

Carole R.: Petra: I hear you. I stopped using their garages quite a while ago but would still go in to buy stuff ... if I knew were it was in the store and didn't need any help because it's very hard to find the staff, especially on the weekends. But my recent experience with 3 different stores over 2 days just pushed me over the edge. No more Cdn Tire for me and I'm not bothering to write them because I know that it won't change; it's too widespread a problem with them.

CT Challenger

Once CT starts spamming in earnest, I'm sure well see a lot more Seasonal complaints ... like the flurry of Rememberance Day boycotts from last year.

Last edited:

CTH8R

#340, for jumping the gun on Christmas:

Michael G.: ... we're not talking about "sales, or selling the stuff in stores, that's inevitable. And actually, all those stores started selling Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving. I'm simply talking about their Facebook cover photo, which can be changed with a click of a mouse. Besides that, it's supply and demand, so really it lies in the hands of the consumer. Personally, I started boycotting those big box stores years ago when they started selling Christmas goods prior to Halloween. I shop small, local, mom & pop stores..

CTH8R

#341, a late entry on the bicycle front:

OK, back to our ever-growing collection of (try to guess!) "Canadian Tire Complaints on facebook"!

Shannon B.: Talk about BAD service, I bought a CCM 26" "Vandal" bike from Canadian Tire this past spring. My back tire wobbles on the axle now. Was told to bring it in within the year for any repairs/adjustments. Called today in hopes to arrange that-was told "our bike guy is gone for the winter-SORRY!". I start a new job on Tuesday & RELY ON MY BIKE TO GET EVERYWHERE. Canadian Tire SHOULD NOT SELL PRODUCTS OR SAY THERES a WARRANTY ON A PRODUCT IF THEY ARE NOT WILLING TO FUFILL THEIR OBLIGATIONS?PROMISES TO CUSTOMERS. I WILL NEVER SHOP @ CANADIAN TIRE AGAIN!!!!p.s.-anyone want my saved up CanadianTire $?

CTH8R

This one's only a temporary boycott ... that gets renewed every year, I think!

Hale W.: Can't wait 'till after the 11th for this? Looks like another year of not shopping at CT!

CTH8R

#342:

Richard M.: I return a defective nail gun that was brand new unused and a defective Mastercraft product and they told me they wanted to send out for repair I bought it to use that day not to have sent out for repair. When they wouldn't give me a new one I just left the jungke with them reported the problem to Canadian Tire MasterCard and Canadian Tire at office. Alls I got was the run around for 6 months . so I cancelled my Canadian Tire MasterCard and paid it off even though a hundred eighty dollars on it only that was for the nail gun because I felt if I didn't pay it they would screw my credit rating. No one from Canadian Tire try to resolve this. When I cancel my credit card and told him why was canceling it they suddenly seem to be concerned. I thought they were going to do something for me. What did they do. They had the Langley store say that they would give me a new nail gun . The project that I purchased the nail gun for was already done. Plus I was so pissed off at them not I don't want to nail gun anymore or any other Mastercraft product. They gave me 30 days to pick it up or they said they would destroy it. If the product is so good why would they destroy it. string you along for 6 months and then give you 30 days to take care of it. at this point I've lost my faith in Canadian Tire they have proven to me they don't care about me as a consumer I was probably one of the most loyal customers they ever have had . But that doesn't count for anything very un Canadian. Canadians don't rip each other off. The best thing you can do is let everyone know how you were treated by Canadian Tire. Its been over a year now and losers still haven't tried to resolve this. you would think as a business that would be in their best interest. especially since I spent over $3000 you're there for the past 15 years. I have a ton of Mastercraft products like I said they used to be my go to store for everything and anything . My best advice is to spread the word don't buy anything there until you're completely satisfied with Canadian Tire what you never will be because they won't get back to you. Its up to them to make the effort to correct the correct the situation when they're wrong it's not up to you . so spread the word and have a fantastic day you deserve it . Cheers sincerely richard Miller

CT Challenger

Does poor Dorothy mean the whole store, and all those like it? Or just the DisService Center? At this location only?

I wish people were more specific! Don't they know there are a myriad of ways CT sucks???

Dorothy Partridge Last Saturday when I got into my car I noticed that my front tire was nearly flat. I went to Cdn Tire on rexdale blvd and Kipling and asked if they would fill it up and I would see what will happen. They said they were far too busy and were booked right up, couldn't do it. I have used that particular store for over thirty years, pretty shabby treatment for some air in my tire. Needless to say I won't ever go back there.Had them changed over elsewhere on Tuesday.

Last edited:

Sangria5

Booked right up? So which customer gets pushed back or off? Then they would complain. I know I would if I had an appointment. I like sites that give a voice to the little guy but I need to believe people are also reasonable. I hope I am the devils advocate here and not just pissing in h8ters and challanger's sandbox

CTH8R

Full boycott? Or just partial?

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/c...bc/972-bogus-scratch-win-event.html#post10786

I live in Gibsons,about 10 miles from the CTC store.I saw in the new flyer an item on sale that I needed for some time now to finish a kitchen project.NEW KITCHEN FAUCETS.So I take myself to the store and flyer in hand make my way to the section where the items are displayed.I found the said item and it was out of reach.I wait and I wait and then go looking for a sales person.To no avail.they all seem disinterested and overworked.Finally an older female comes along on her way to the back room and I asked her if she could get the item down from a very high shelf.She says in a condescending tone..."there might be one down already"...and then just walked away into the warehouse section.I wait and I wait somemore for her to return but she didn't.Then a nice young guy comesalong,a stock boy,and iasked him the same thing and he rushed around and found a ladder and was about to pull the item down when a supervisor guy came along with a little hand held stock computer and he stopped and was watching the kid and I told him what was up and if that was the item on sale listed in the flyer.He punched in the numbers on his little computer and told me no that was not the same item.Although it looked identicle but the SKU numbers were different.He said nope not the same ,we don't have that item and never did carry it.I asked well where is it?At a different store or what?He said he didn't know but possibly it was at a different store.My frustration came to a head and walked out.I wonder if they advertise that item knowing full well they don't carry it and have these scams to get you into the store along with the bogus scratch and win thing.And that's another rant.Here goes.I went to the same store a couple of months ago with the said scratch and win card.I was going thru the till with about $160.00 worth of merchandise and the girl at the till was about halfway thru ringing it up and I pulled out the card for scratching and she said she couldn't accept it unless she cancelled it all and started again.I said OK start again.She then said that would require a supervisor over-ride and this that and the other thing and pissing and moaning with her grade 5 education and I said forget it.I scratched the card right there and then and guess what?It was 25% off and she woudnt go for it.What a crock of shite.NEVER GOING back

CTH8R

#343:

Dawn W.: Customer service is lacking at Canadian Tire. They don't stand behind their products nor have a consistent return policy. Very disappointed recently and received unacceptable treatment at a local store and then no response from an email to the corporate customer service dept. Will no longer shop there

CTH8R

#345:

Geraldine L.: I had an incident with Canadian Tire last year, I vowed never to shop at any of their stores again, I never have, just for curiosity I called to find out about the mesh that they are advertising for Red Thursday/Black Friday, don't have any in stock will not have any in stock, not surprised, so on my F/B page I will be letting me friends know, and to share my post not to bother going....got mine at AC Moore's they had hundreds....

CTH8R

#346:

Denise Y.D.: 4 different Canadian Tire stores left me and my family stranded when we blew a tire, and had no place to stay! wouldnt even try to fit us in! Bad customer service..will NEVER shop at this store again!

CTH8R

#347:

Maneta Toor Anand I was just at Canadian Tire trying to purchase a toy for my son and the manager would not price match the item with another competitor! I will not be shopping at Canadian Tire anymore!

CTH8R

CTers HATE IT when I post these, LOL!

#348:

Gary V.: I have blocked Canadian Tire yet I still get these ads. Nothing could win me back to them after the horrors they repeatedly put me through as a paying customer. Rotten service. I have heard numerous cashiers complaining about their checks and staff run away when then sense you're looking for help.

CTH8R

Only partial, but a good warning:

Linda H.: Just because I'm a senior (66) doesn't necessarily mean I'm slow or unfamiliar with costs of items... I needed to replace a LIGHT BULB on my passenger break light... The fellow at the service desk said it would cost around $30.00 plus installations...i asked him if this was the regular price for the bulb and installation ( I needed to make sure I had heard correctly) again he said $30.00 plus installation...My answer to him was. I made be old, but not stupid...and walked out of the store. I then drove over to the Toyota Dealer and asked him the same question.. His reply was $7.45 for the bulb and installation.. I will never take my car to Canadian Tire for any kind of service... The store I am referring to is in London Ontario on Dundas street East.

CTH8R

Hmmm. ... a pending boycott - let's just up the total now, before we forget!

#349:

Kathy A.: Fake discount coupons..got a $5.00 off next purchase and they scanned it but came up as $0.00. Didn't notice till I got home...how many others didn't get there 5.00+ money off and will never notice. Going back to get my $ then done shopping at CT.

CTH8R

#350:

Lorne M.: So done with Canadian Tire....Went into your store in Sydney. N.S. today and every employee I approached left me hanging....No help so I walked out and I will never return...You,re store here is getting a bad reputation for that.....