CT Challenger

Wait a minute.

You mean I can buy clothes at Winners, and I can bring it back 4 or 5 months later, and get my money back (in the form of a gift card)???

Apparently yes, no time limit for returns for a gift card. Based on the Winners web site, anyway.

But when Canadian Tire sells clothes (what little they carry, that is!), I can only take it back for 90 days?

Yes, but CT will only accept it in the original condition and packaging, and unused. Oh, and unopened. Oh, and not defective. Or discontinued (which is the only thing Winners carries, LOL!). And not out-of-season, apparently. And not purchased at another store. And ID may be required. And with the original receipt (no receipt, no refund).

CT sure is superior, huh?

And this is supposed to prove that Winners has a WORSE policy than CT???

Apparently this is "proof", yet.

Something to do with Target Markets.

Or being Targeted by Target, LOL!

Plus, why is Owner/Moaner posting these untrue statements about "only 10 days", when it's so easy to prove them wrong????

Yes, and Owner/Moaner keeps on doing it, day after day, too!

Pretty funny, actually!

Last edited:

CT Challenger

Sometimes I like to go to the Crappy Tire facebook page, to read all the complaints. Hiliarious!

https://www.facebook.com/Canadiantire

You gotta be pretty quick though - the CT internet peons like to come through and scrub off all the stories about incompetence and crappy return policies.

Here are a couple I saw today - on their own site, LOL! I guess they must all be "Faker Advocates" - pretty funny!

"Ron Coldham What happens when it doesn't work properly, you try to return it, and all CT will give you is a store credit? Then mom can spend that money on all those auto supplies she craves. Worst Mothers' Day ever. Thanks again, CT. Thanks again."

Did we predict that, or what! LMAO!

"Barry Fletcher Canadian Tire Ft McMurray has the worst service in the country".

Actually, they are all pretty bad, Barry. You've been warned!

"Kory Hopp Do NOT buy 4cyl gas troybuilt weedeater its pure junk dose not start right and trimmer line dose not work right! NEVER buy troy built products!"

Guess what, Kory? It's NEVER buy from Crappy Tire!

"Korine Labelle If you love your mom you will get her anything BUT something from Canadian tire!! Worst customer service and products anywhere."

Good call, Korine! Good call!

And one more, which is my personal favourite:

"Earl Willison Canadian Tire is the worse store going they dont honor their warranties at all"

Well said, Earl!

And how do the peons at CT.ca respond to these complaints? One of two ways: they either post, "Please contact our customer service as we would like to assist you further" or else "strong customer service is important, we would like to hear more personally"

Way to seize that opportunity to get off your butts and actually DO something, Crappy Tire!

Way to leverage that social media!

LMAO!

glew

you were asked to give identification because too many people are "playing the very calm canadian tire return policy" by using other names and phone numbers. They do have the legal right to ask you for proof of identification when preventing fraudulent transactions and to make records of returns to further assist customers future needs.....

CTH8R

you were asked to give identification because too many people are "playing the very calm canadian tire return policy" by using other names and phone numbers. They do have the legal right to ask you for proof of identification when preventing fraudulent transactions and to make records of returns to further assist customers future needs.....

It's not at all clear whom this moron is addressing with their dumb post.

And it's not clear what the heck "the very calm canadian tire return policy" refers to, either. Actually, there is no such thing - it's been shown time and again that Crappy Tire has the worst return policies out there, for all types of returns.

Do they have the right to ask for identification? Yes, within very narrow limits (which Crappy has a history of violating, naturally). But again, other stores are less paranoid about potential fraud, choosing instead to give better service in order to retain customers.

But this statement was interesting:

They do have the legal right to ask you for proof of identification ... to further assist customers future needs.....

Actually, this is 100% incorrect. They absolutely are not allowed to gather personal information for any purpose OTHER THAN fraud detection. The law is very clear on this.

In fact, this is EXACTLY why the stores out west got into so much trouble, and were told not to collect or retain ANY information for purposes like marketing, "assisting customer's future needs", etc.

Certainly sounds like this "glew" person is way behind the times, and needs to educate themselves before they embarrass themselves any more.

CT_CS

It's not at all clear whom this moron is addressing with their dumb post.

And it's not clear what the heck "the very calm canadian tire return policy" refers to, either. Actually, there is no such thing - it's been shown time and again that Crappy Tire has the worst return policies out there, for all types of returns.

Do they have the right to ask for identification? Yes, within very narrow limits (which Crappy has a history of violating, naturally). But again, other stores are less paranoid about potential fraud, choosing instead to give better service in order to retain customers.

But this statement was interesting:

Actually, this is 100% incorrect. They absolutely are not allowed to gather personal information for any purpose OTHER THAN fraud detection. The law is very clear on this.

In fact, this is EXACTLY why the stores out west got into so much trouble, and were told not to collect or retain ANY information for purposes like marketing, "assisting customer's future needs", etc.

Certainly sounds like this "glew" person is way behind the times, and needs to educate themselves before they embarrass themselves any more.

I completely have to agree with you that we should not be asking for such contact information if we dont need to. If your returning something to stock because you simply didnt need it, why the heck do we need your address? At the store that I work at, if you have your receipt all we do is scan the barcode, no phone number required or anything. unless however you bring something back for a casting such as an old car part like a core, etc. we do require name and phone number. But other then that if you have your receipt, thats all we need. Our dealer is very customer service orientated and is continuously working on the retail floor getting to know his customer client base, when we first got him in, that was one of the first changes which he made.