CTH8R

#913:

Terrance H.:

Since Canadian tire decided to "ban backpacks" I'm instantly targeted as a thief for riding my bike to the store with a bag instead of driving. After wasting my time checking my bag I found an item and went to pay. After paying I had to go get my backpack from the customer service desk, then as I'm leaving another employee stops me to check my backpack and look at my receipt. Unbelievable ! I refuse to support a store that has such terrible and useless security measures. I can find the same tools and gear somewhere else where I'm not treated like a criminal the second I walk in.

CTH8R

#914:

Gary N.:

You guys just robbed my family of however much was on this card from a refund cause you put an expiry date on it. That's straight extortion. It's one solid reason I don't shop at your stores

CTH8R

Soon to boycott:

Ken H.:

WHY DON'T YOU ALLOW CUSTOMERS WITH BAD EXPERIENCE TO POST? AND LEAVE THEIR POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK:
Yesterday I checked online your Store nearest to me: 2221 Boul. Angrignon and I ordered 6 of your Product # 53-0947-2. Your system said your Store had 7 in stock in AISLE 62 (11am, Jan3 2016): ATTACHED. SEEING THAT, I PAID WITH my Credit Card for 6 products. I received your "Order Confirmation" with Order ID: 9267418797801: ATTACHED. The pick up time is marked: 4pm January 3 ! Today, January 4, I call your Store to ask about my PAID ORDER, I TALK TO THE MANAGER who says: "6 of them WERE STOLEN, I ONLY HAVE 1 LEFT"...???
What kind of business is this? I WILL SEND A COPY OF THIS EVENT TO NEWSPAPERS because it's really out of this Century, out of North America retail & online systems, IMPOSSIBLE TO SEE IT ELSEWHERE, except perhaps 3rd world countries!

CTH8R

#915:

Scott F.: I won't be shopping at Canadian Tire any more. The last straw was yesterday. My wife and I went to buy her a pair of boots. She found a pair that she liked and they were on sale. Regular $129.99 on for $79.99. When we went to the register they came up as $129.99. I caught it and told them it was wrong. They said the sale was just for a size 9.
We walked out and left all of our cart behind.
I wonder how many people don't check because they trust the store and pay too much.
As far as I am concerned this is poor practice and terrible customer service.
I will make sure to spread the word to everyone I know.

CTH8R

Close:

Mathew F.:

January 3 at 3:00pm · Markham ·
Terrible service:
I bought two mats yesterday from your guys but they were too small unfortunately. So, I bring those back to your Markham location at woodbine and major Mackenzie for refund. Honestly, I never think I will get the issue for refund cause I didn't use those. However, the lady, who work at the customer services, refuse the refund to me. She said it look dirty and can't do the money refund, only store credit. On the other hand, I refused cause whoever she said is not true. So, I request to talk to the store manager which even make the situation more worst. At the end, I ask for his name and he told me he won't give it to me cause I didn't listen to him. What's a customer it is. Long to short, I went to different location and they just refund to me right away and don't even have a question about that. I be buying a stuff from this company awhile and I don't really have any issue; however, I might stop to shop with your guys anymore due to problem I got today……bad bad experience!

CTH8R

#916:

Brenna H:

I went into the Kanata store this morning to get my new remote car starter installed, an oil change, and a tire change (they are on rims).
I was told the remote start installation would be $295.00, and that the oil and tire change would be $39.99 each. You can imagine I was EXTREMELY shocked to go pick up my car and see an invoice for $683.60.

Where did all these extras come from? The service department refused to give me my keys until I paid the full amount. They said they w...ould have never done anything without my consent; trust me, I did not consent. The service manager was not there and the gentlemen at the counter said the store manager would not be able to help me because the auto department is separate.

They gave me no choice but to pay the extra $308.62. This is completely ridiculous and I'll be going in first thing tomorrow morning when the service manager returns.

I guarantee you I will never be shopping or getting any auto service at any Canadian Tire location ever again.

CTH8R

Close:

Jackie P.:

To whom it may concern, I buy all my parts for my car at Canadian Tire, due to the fact I can't afford 114.00 per hour to have them work on my car, I do it myself with help from my dad when needed.

As of two days ago I had to have my car boosted almost daily, thinking something was drawing power from the battery. Or just a faulty battery . So I took the car to Canadian Tire and they informed me to test the battery for free I had to remove it and bring it in, to make sure i...t wasn't just the battery. Now I bought this brand new from them just over a year ago. So I removed the battery I front of the store and took it in. Thank God I had warranty for four years on it.
They tested the battery 3 times showing nothing was wrong with the battery. So they tell me I'll have to pay to have it checked to make sure the electrical system isn't drawing power from the battery. They run this test to find nothing wrong . The one gentleman said They put the battery back in the car turned the lights on, while this was a test he walked next door to grab smokes when he returned the lights on the car were almost dead and the car was needing to be boosted.

Conclusion was it was a faulty battery!
So regardless of this fact, I still ended up paying for a service they did that I ended up not needing.
Now don't get me wrong it's great to know the electrical system is running good , but that wasn't what I had Gone there for.

I would like for people to respond back to this , should I had to pay for an hour of testing when it came down to the battery which is what I originally thought was the problem and turned out to be the problem?

CTH8R

#917:

Deb A.:

If u need a Christmas tree storage bag, do not buy here. They r flimsy. Zipper broke first time, and they wouldn't refund. They claimed it was a Christmas purchase. Regardless of purchase after Christmas and defective product. I always try to buy Canadian but not at this store anymore. Could be why we r losing stores!!

CTH8R

#718:

Diane D.:

I won't be shopping at Canadian Tire anytime soon! Just had a upsetting incident re the purchase of a vacuum. Clerk would not open the box so I could look at the attachments etc. Told me to purchase it and try it out - if I didn't like it I could return it. I naturally understood that to mean I could get a refund. No so. I returned it as it was no satisfactory and was told because the box was open I could only get a credit. One way for Cdn Tire to guarantee the sale!! Customers should not be penalized for staff not knowing the company policy. Spoke to a manager but no satisfaction. Have sent an e-mail to customer service but as yet no reply.

CTH8R

#919:

Minah K.: I have had the same experience Diane !!I never shop at Canadian tire havn't for years !
Walmart are excellent for returns. ...
NO MORE CANADIAN TIRE for me!

CTH8R

Soon?

Andrea S.:

I had a flat tire a month or two ago and went in to get it changed. I never use my trunk and when I opened it today I found out that they didn't put my spare tire back properly so it crushed the floor of my trunk and the wood is broken into four pieces. On top of that when they gave my car back it had a bungee cord holding the bottom of my car in place and traction control was turned off. When I asked what was going on with the bungee cord they told me it must have come in like that. I promise you it didn't.

#920:

Chris S.:

Frustratedly leaving Canadian Tire and never bringing a penny back to this horrible store!

A future discount doesn't mean anything when I won't buy anything from their stores again lol. Fuck Canadian Tire I hope Walmart puts them out of business.

CTH8R

#921:

Michael T:

Worst customer service i've ever experienced. Will never again use this store which sold me a used item as "new" replaced it with another that was made improperly and sent packing when I went to return it with a duplicate receipt which I was told would be fine. Spent 100 dollars in gas returning a 220 dollar item and when I complained I was offered a 25 dollar gift certificate.......wow that's awesome I spend 6 hours driving and 100 dollars in gas returning items and your going to give me 25 dollars?! So just my time is worth 4 dollars an hour to your company excluding my gas. I went to Home Depot one time and was given an improper item and was discounted 40 dollars off a better model to make up for my time and trouble. Guesss who will never set foot in your stores again? I told them to keep the gift card as I would never use it nor would I give it to someone else just in case they receive the same treatment I have from your stores.

CTH8R

#922:

Wayne M.:

Canadian Tire in Sault Ste Marie ON Canada must have the worst automotive service ever if they answer the phone they put you on hold for ever 21 minutes just to hang up I have a speaker phone and working on other stuff but either way it is not a good way to keep customers this is not the first time . we will pay off the card and rip it up there is way to many other part stores now it is 28 just to be hung up on

CTH8R

Interesting:

Joan H.: Good day Canadian Tire, I dont know if you are aware of the terrible reputation your company has for the car repair part of you business, if i was you i would retrain you people on how to keep a customer for years to come!!!
Please check the almost one thousand comments on Facebook under Tim Labute, he had put on a simple post on how a mechanic had obviously tried to overcharge his mom & the feedback is overwhelmingly terrible!!!
I truly believe that a company as large as yours cant afford to lose customers. Wouldn't you rather have positive feedback? Word of mouth is the BEST way to get & keep customers...
Just thought you should know.... People are afraid to come to your place..afraid for their safety & wallets.

CTH8R

#923:

Susan K.:

do not get work from them
..a friend went it just to have some bearing replace and what they did was look into fixing and replace his brakes,brake drum and it was not what he asked for so they held his truck until he paid the $1000. this was not agreed on for the work..and to this day they will not repay the money back. This happen at the canadian tire in albert ..i will pass this on to everyone what to watch out for..no worker should take it upon him self to replace something that was not order

CTH8R

#925:

Nicolle R.:

Pretty disappointed with your return policy. I was given a knife set for a wedding present and we already have a better knife set. Went to return it thinking without the receipt I would get store credit and use it for stuff I actually need in my house. Nope now I am stuck with a knife set because you can't return anything over $50. They told me to ask for the receipt, talk about tacky. Thanks for the wedding present but I need the receipt for it. Pretty sure I won't be shopping there anymore, pretty disappointing

CTH8R

#926:

Horst M.:

CTC has a treadmill advertised in their current sale flyer( sale started this morning Friday, 22 Jan 2016), that we were interested in purchasing. Went to the store around 11 am to pick one up and werde told that they had none in stock. We asked the clerk to find out if other stores in the neighbourhood had the one we wanted. Turned out that NO OTHER CTC in all of the Halifax Regional Municipality had one. I asked if any of their stores in all of Canada had one and the clerk smirked and said he didn't know.
What was remarkable though was the fact that the more expensive models were all lined up for display with BIG Sale signs on them.
Seems to me like the typical "bait and switch" tactic, a very questionable business practice, to put it mildly. Why advertise a product to be on sale if there clearly is no stock in any store to be purchased?
We were offered a rain cheque for the item with no one knowing when it was expected to be available.
I intend to pursue this matter by contacting the appropriate government agencies because this amounts to misleading advertising, which is not allowed as far as I know.
In closing I would like to say that you have just lost 2 longtime customers, one of which received CTC giftcards for every Christmas and birthday.
For your information, we then proceeded to go to Sears, who also had a big sale on treadmills and bought one for the same price and quality as your advertised phanthom treadmill.
I am going to assemble it this evening and won't be needing your phony rain cheque.
Congratulations, you've lost another customer for good. One here and one there, after a while it will become noticeable and maybe encourage you to suspend some questionable business practices like this one. Have a good evening!

CTH8R

#927:

F.T.S.:

Well this post if to warn people not to use the automotive shops at Canadian tire. They are nothing but scam artists this is the 2nd car they have touched an having problems with it shortly after. This last time we just when in for an oil change and at first they said it was going to be an hour. Just for an oil change. Any way after it was complete they tried selling us more then what needed to be done to the car. So we said we were not interested an drove away we got about 50 k away and then it started to lose power an over rev and we didn't have a problem till they touched it. They also didn't ask to use the Canadian tire points that we have saved we are very dissatisfied with the service and with be telling people not to use you guys. Also when we called to tell Canadian what happened an the people we talked to were very rude.