Guest-0276

Posted by an unregistered user
By the way, still waiting for your claimed report of "top 20 retailers in canada" where is that?

Did you forget that or just ignore it ?

Do you have anything useful to add this thread? You seem to have a hard time differentiating between facts and your opinions from your lame duck posts. Maybe that's why you guys just suck so bad and why you've taken to lying to everybody about yourself and how 'honest' Canadian Tire is. So where's your proof that CT owners are millionaires? Did you review your lies of the departments you and Target are competing for? What are you doing for the customer? In all of this, I have not heard one credible word from any of you of what you're doing to improve customer service. Not a one. All you've been doing is repeating lies, justifying bad policy, and trashing other people's opinions. Opinions that are based on laws, good customer service and common decency. Where's the decency in you lying to people about your return policy until people need to do just that, returning it or exchanging it for another item?

What happens to the customers information that's collected for returns? Is my information, ( information not in the phone book, neither is that of law enforcement etc) at the mercy of the owners whim? Is there a penalty if and when it get's used without my permission?

See, my being here started innocently enough, I was treated poorly for a return last year. Something that should have taken a few minutes turned into a half hour screaming match with your stupid ignorant staff accusing me of "renting". I was, at first wanting an apology for my poor treatment from the store owner. But when I was refused outright, I went to the head office, who basically said "his word against yours". So now I've got a story to share with others, and I see that I'm far from being alone. It's not a bad day or a mistake that you've claimed again and again. When it's deliberate on your part to keep my money with self serving policies, then I feel I have a duty to share that with other consumers. Canadian Tire and all you liars can shove it.

DavidLeR

I completely agree with you about the lies by the ct defenders. It really is an extension of what they do in the stores: lie to your face, trick you and do anything to avoid giving a refund.

I’ve also notice they don’t post many facts that don’t come from the CT web site. I guess for them, that’s the gospel truth.

Regarding customer service, I don’t think you’ll hear much from this bunch (assuming it’s more than 1 person with a lot of time to spare). Just like in the stores, it seems to be a mad grab for their money, then an “f-you” if there’s a problem.

I’m sorry you were treated poorly by the store regarding a return, but as you’ve seen, it’s a very common experience. I suspect the store drills it into the clerk’s heads: Fraud! Fraud! Watch out for Fraud! We’re losing MONEY!

So they treat their innocent customers like criminals, and implement hidden policies that snare them. In the process, they are driving away the honest customer they rely on to survive.

Strangely enough, no other major retailer needs to take this approach. Why would that be? Is CT a magnet for scammers? Just over-reacting to the fraud all retailers face? Not as good at managing it, and this is the best they can do? Interesting questions.

Regardless, they should at least follow the laws in the provinces in which they operate. It’s hypocritical to complain about customers scamming the stores, when the stores are scamming their customers.

Thank you for sharing your story with others, both in person and on this site.

Hopefully we can warn people before they get cheated by the stores. If we are too late, I hope we can help them apply the law and get their money back.

Indeed, we all have a duty to hold this corporation to account for what they are doing to innocent customers.

CT Me / Lawguy

Hey here's an interesting scenario.

On the weekend my wife got a new dog. We went to Walmart to get a dog collar and leash so we could walk the little guy. Long story short, the collar was too small. I returned to the store the next morning, with receipt, product and packaging and asked for a refund as they didn't have a collar to fit on the shelf. The older lady at the desk begins to process my return with the receipt information. She then asks me for my name, phone number and address, which I give to her. Well this Walmart SuperStore is in a City, about 2 hours from the town that I live in. She says to me, I will need ID from you sir. Thinking of the mess on this forum I ask why she needs my ID when i have the product and the receipt she says "because you're from out of town. We have a lot of troubles with people who come in from out of town playing games and doing shady things. Not that I think you're doing that I just have to do what i'm told"

What do you make of that?

Angry CT Guy

On the weekend my wife got a new dog. We went to Walmart to get a dog collar and leash so we could walk the little guy. Long story short, the collar was too small. I returned to the store the next morning, with receipt, product and packaging and asked for a refund as they didn't have a collar to fit on the shelf. The older lady at the desk begins to process my return with the receipt information. She then asks me for my name, phone number and address, which I give to her. Well this Walmart SuperStore is in a City, about 2 hours from the town that I live in. She says to me, I will need ID from you sir. Thinking of the mess on this forum I ask why she needs my ID when i have the product and the receipt she says "because you're from out of town. We have a lot of troubles with people who come in from out of town playing games and doing shady things. Not that I think you're doing that I just have to do what i'm told"

Welcome to the new millennia. The more the thieves and fraudsters find a new way, the more businesses try to protect themselves. Pretty soon it will be welcome back Consumers Distibuting.
If no one believes that the general public don't pay for theft, listen to this story. We all pay one way or another.

CT Me / Lawguy

Welcome to the new millennia. The more the thieves and fraudsters find a new way, the more businesses try to protect themselves. Pretty soon it will be welcome back Consumers Distibuting.
If no one believes that the general public don't pay for theft, listen to this story. We all pay one way or another.

Walmart treated me just like Canadian Tire treated you.

Guest-0276

You took one of many examples of crap ct service and switched out CT for walmart . I've never heard of anyone having a problem at Walmart, no tension at the service desk, no one yelled at or accused of fraud etc. Only at Canadian Tire have I ever seen that kind of trouble.

Angry CT Guy

You took one of many examples of crap ct service and switched out CT for walmart . I've never heard of anyone having a problem at Walmart, no tension at the service desk, no one yelled at or accused of fraud etc. Only at Canadian Tire have I ever seen that kind of trouble.

So why is there a Walmart sucks.com site? Or how about the other 600 sucks.com sites. You lose, loser, you lose.

Guest-0276

Looks like somebody lied and got called out a liar and don't like it. Nice try dog collar ct guy douche bag.

CT Me / Lawguy

Nobody has ever had a problem at Walmart? hahhaha is that for real?

Angry CT Guy

I completely agree with you about the lies by the ct defenders. It really is an extension of what they do in the stores: lie to your face, trick you and do anything to avoid giving a refund.

I’ve also notice they don’t post many facts that don’t come from the CT web site. I guess for them, that’s the gospel truth.

Regarding customer service, I don’t think you’ll hear much from this bunch (assuming it’s more than 1 person with a lot of time to spare). Just like in the stores, it seems to be a mad grab for their money, then an “f-you” if there’s a problem.

I’m sorry you were treated poorly by the store regarding a return, but as you’ve seen, it’s a very common experience. I suspect the store drills it into the clerk’s heads: Fraud! Fraud! Watch out for Fraud! We’re losing MONEY!

So they treat their innocent customers like criminals, and implement hidden policies that snare them. In the process, they are driving away the honest customer they rely on to survive.

Strangely enough, no other major retailer needs to take this approach. Why would that be? Is CT a magnet for scammers? Just over-reacting to the fraud all retailers face? Not as good at managing it, and this is the best they can do? Interesting questions.

Regardless, they should at least follow the laws in the provinces in which they operate. It’s hypocritical to complain about customers scamming the stores, when the stores are scamming their customers.

Thank you for sharing your story with others, both in person and on this site.

Hopefully we can warn people before they get cheated by the stores. If we are too late, I hope we can help them apply the law and get their money back.

Indeed, we all have a duty to hold this corporation to account for what they are doing to innocent customers.

Try being honest for a change. No other retailer has fraud prevention? No other retailer asks for ID? No other retailer has policies and procedures?

Why are there over 600 sucks.com sites? You sure do love avoiding the question.

Guest-0276

Crappy Tire needs more investors to become millionaires. Profits are down but come on up any ways and put your life savings against the americans. Don't worry we'll show them and make them suffer and make you millions or lose millions, don't worry about the details. I'm sure the terms of making a million are somewhere in the back of the receipt. Don't worry, trust us. We know all about millions and have a ton of experience doing business in the US of A twice.

The store will pay for itself from sun up till sun down. Just don't accept refunds for any reason and defer to repair only warranties! Following the law is optional but will affect profits. Remember our motto, "We don't make it, we didn't break it, we just sell it, and get outta my store you thieving bastards". If they still won't leave the store, call the cops on those trouble makers and sic the corporate lawyers on them. And if you want to make more money, higher a bunch of high school students or drop outs for the car garage. No experience necessary. For the retail floor you can save by chincing the minimum wage staff. Always give them lazy bastards more work than they could handle. Promise the hard workers every year with raises but use our performance hr sheet. I've got a "manager" with us for 20 years and still making a touch of over minimum wage. That's cost control, hallelujah brother!

"There is a lot less for a lot more"

p.s. Don't forget to take every afternoon off for golf. Never be late for tee time.

Guest-0276

Service Bay personel are paid hrly plus commission. The more parts they replace the more they make. Over heating problem on a $1500 vehicle estamated $700 final bill was over $1300. Got half a mile from store before vehicle overheated. Found $20. thermostat was the problem. Free brake inspection cost me $180. Estimate on repairs including locking hubs and bearings in excess of $900. No one asked them to take the wheels apart. Work done elsewhere for $240 including 1 set of bearings and repacking.
End of service at CT Dec. 08 Tried to use my CT CC to order new plow over the phone. Was told I would have to drive 25 mile to the store to place order. Item was coming on sale the next week so sale price was allowed. 3-5 days del. When I called 5 days later was told it would be mid Jan. (maybe) before plow would be avail. 2 other items I needed were also on sale but not available. I know longer deal with CT period. These are just my most memorable exp. There are more!

CT Challenger

Nobody has ever had a problem at Walmart? hahhaha is that for real?

Typical CT liar.

That's not at all what they wrote.

Writing "I've never heard of anyone" is NOT the same thing as "Nobody has ever".

Why are you such a jerk?

If you're so right, how come the truth isn't enough?

CT Challenger

Try being honest for a change.

What exactly is your problem?

Nothing in that post you misquoted appears to be dishonest. Certainly you've provided no evidence.

Is this going to be your big contribution to humanity? Posting pointless lies about people who dare to stand up to The Big Triangle of Crap?

And that snide little, "for a change". Huh! As if there's every been any proof offered to support your implication that this poster is generally dishonest.

But the CT reps? Lots and lots of evidence that they are telling lies. Why not go after them?

Oh, I guess it has nothing to do with honesty - just with misguided attacks on people who oppose the bad practices of CT.

Hey, here's an idea.

If you disagree with someone's facts, reasoning or conclusions, how about posting some counter arguments? Or evidence? Or anything useful at all??

But maybe you're just not up to the intellectual challenge, huh?

No other retailer has fraud prevention? No other retailer asks for ID? No other retailer has policies and procedures?

None of the above has been written by this poster. You just made it up. More CT lies, that only make your beloved company look like a bunch of jerks.

Now, how bad can this poster's statements be? I mean, you can't even argue with what they actually said, now can you?

Actually, it sounds like you are admitting defeat, doesn't it?

Aren't you pretty much saying:

"Yup, I guess I can't argue with anything they wrote. It all looks solid to me."

"But I'm a jerk, so I'm going to pretend they wrote a bunch of stuff that I DON'T agree with!"

"And then I'm going to argue with THAT!"

"And pretend I WON when I prove what a dumb statement I wrote! Woo-hoo!"

Doesn't that about sum up your clever come-back?

An admission of defeat?

Plus you are really just arguing with yourself! LOL!

And all the while tacitly admitting that everything the poster wrote is correct!

LOL hilarious!

OK, since you've basically admitted defeat, and have decide to settle for arguing with just yourself ....

... why don't you go argue with yourself some place where you won't annoy anybody, hmm?

Please and Thank you!

Why are there over 600 sucks.com sites? You sure do love avoiding the question.

Geez, now what's this nonsense?

Well, you know what? People ignore jerks and their dumb questions all the time.

I'd expect you'd be used to it by now.

Angry CT Guy

What exactly is your problem?

Nothing in that post you misquoted appears to be dishonest. Certainly you've provided no evidence.

Is this going to be your big contribution to humanity? Posting pointless lies about people who dare to stand up to The Big Triangle of Crap?

And that snide little, "for a change". Huh! As if there's every been any proof offered to support your implication that this poster is generally dishonest.

But the CT reps? Lots and lots of evidence that they are telling lies. Why not go after them?

Oh, I guess it has nothing to do with honesty - just with misguided attacks on people who oppose the bad practices of CT.

Hey, here's an idea.

If you disagree with someone's facts, reasoning or conclusions, how about posting some counter arguments? Or evidence? Or anything useful at all??

But maybe you're just not up to the intellectual challenge, huh?

None of the above has been written by this poster. You just made it up. More CT lies, that only make your beloved company look like a bunch of jerks.

Now, how bad can this poster's statements be? I mean, you can't even argue with what they actually said, now can you?

Actually, it sounds like you are admitting defeat, doesn't it?

Aren't you pretty much saying:

"Yup, I guess I can't argue with anything they wrote. It all looks solid to me."

"But I'm a jerk, so I'm going to pretend they wrote a bunch of stuff that I DON'T agree with!"

"And then I'm going to argue with THAT!"

"And pretend I WON when I prove what a dumb statement I wrote! Woo-hoo!"

Doesn't that about sum up your clever come-back?

An admission of defeat?

Plus you are really just arguing with yourself! LOL!

And all the while tacitly admitting that everything the poster wrote is correct!

LOL hilarious!

OK, since you've basically admitted defeat, and have decide to settle for arguing with just yourself ....

... why don't you go argue with yourself some place where you won't annoy anybody, hmm?

Please and Thank you!

Geez, now what's this nonsense?

Well, you know what? People ignore jerks and their dumb questions all the time.

I'd expect you'd be used to it by now.

What loser multiple personality are we dealing with today?

Not my problem if you can't read, not my problem if you choose to ignore facts, not my problem if you can't handle being challenged on all your lies and bs.

Pretty evident that you have some mental health "issues"

Angry CT Guy

Typical CT liar.

Writing "I've never heard of anyone" is NOT the same thing as "Nobody has ever".

Why are you such a jerk?

Are you for real or just a loser? Try making sense when you post your gibberish.....try adding some value....try being relevant......otherwise, you are a loser.

CT Challenger

Not my problem if you can't read,

Ah, up for another round, are we?

Ok.

On what basis do you make the accusation that I can't read? Any proof? Any evidence? Or, just another lie?

not my problem if you choose to ignore facts,

What facts are you claiming that I'm ignoring? Or is this yet another lie? (Why stop now?)

not my problem if you can't handle being challenged on all your lies and bs.

What have you offered that is a challenge? Are you saying that telling lies is supposed to be a 'challenge' of some kind?

What are these lies that you say I'm telling? Please be specific, thanks!

What is the bs you are claiming is mine? Huh?

Or are your claims just a bunch of lies?

Is this really, truly the best you can do?

Make a long list of bogus claims?

Not much of a 'challenge', now is it?

CT Challenger

Typical CT liar.

Why are you such a jerk?

Are you for real or just a loser? Try making sense when you post your gibberish.....try adding some value....try being relevant......otherwise, you are a loser.

So, that's your big rebuttal, huh?

Too lazy to even post lies, I see.

Very compelling arguments.

Yet another CT Liar.

CT Challenger

Once all their so-called facts were disproven, the CT defenders resorted to lies, but at least they were plausible lies.

When the plausible lies ran out, they just starting posting obvious lies, easily disproven.

Now that they've run out of even the feeble lies, they are just posting insults.

They've basically admitted defeat, and can't disprove anything that's been written.

I'm guessing that won't stop them from posting crap, and claiming that it's ok because they are 'challenging' people in unspecified ways.

Kind of sad, really.

The deperation is palpable.

CT Me / Lawguy

Let's review YOUR version of how a lie is "disproven"

That's a lie
Liar Liar Canadian Tire
You're a moron
All you do is lie
Why can't you tell the truth?

Talk about credible. Ranks right up there with yacht boy and his fleet of boats and bikini clad supermodels.

I can be equally as creative all day long, however I can't because i'm too busy maintaining my Lear Jet, my houses in Europe, Australia and Florida, my stable of thoroughbread race horses and rare vintage automobiles.
See how easy that was? cool. Pardon me while I run along. I have a meeting with Prince William and his lovely bride to be to wish them well before their wedding. I'm unable to attend due to prior commitments and thought it best I send my love in person.