CTH8R

Was a lover; now a hater:

Nancy D.: I am so mad at Canadian Tire bought a power washer on may 16, for 299 now on sale for $169 they would not honour the price because more than 14 days Home Depot does guess where I will be shopping

CTH8R

Canadian Tire Corporation sucks at .... banking:

Alex D.: I got a call yesterday from a nice Canadian Tire " Bank " employee informing me that I missed a Canadian Tire "Bank" card payment. I said Id let my wife know and wed look after it. I let my wife handle all the funds. Today I got a call from the Canadian Tire Bank employee and she was nasty, nasty , ruined my morning. I called my wife at work. She straightened it out this afternoon at the bank. We had a rec eipt from the bank saying we had paid Canadian tire when they were due but the bank by mistake paid a phone bill. The bank said they would call Canadian tire bank and explain. I bet that nasty woman from Canadian tire wont call back and apologise. At least tonight you know what they can do with their suitcase of pretend money

CTH8R

Craig H.: To all my friends in the Regina area and beyond, avoid going to Canadian Tire. As you enter the store, a young lady gives you a piece of paper to match some numbers to win a chance at $10,000. in Canadian Tire Money. When you go to the kiosk, your immediately come face to face with pushy credit card sales people who want nothing more than to sign you up for their credit card. So, for being sneaky and hiding the real reason for this "contest", I give you a failing grade and I will really think twice about going to Canadian Tire ever again. — feeling insulted.

CTH8R

Stephane P: DON'T ever shop at Cole Harbour Canadian Tire. Worst service ever on multiple visits. One rep took my receipt and shredded it and the lied to manager. I manager cursed at me on another occasion cause he had no response to my complaint. Ther privately owned franchises

CTH8R

More insights from Dean:

Dean D.: Btw so many people yesterday didnt know about your repair only warranty they didn't seem to like that very much and chose to shop elsewhere

Dean D.: Yay gift cards for stuff that dosnt work

CTH8R

Quite the series of posts:

Randy P.: Brockville has the absolute worst Canadian Tire. They rarely have anything of the flyer items in stock – even on the first day of the sale. They always say that they must be sold out of that specific item. This will be on the first day of the sale when the door first opens. They don’t even bother to stock items. I have no idea why the manager is still there. Canadian Tire is not what it used to be. It’s total frustration dealing with them. Thank god for Home Depot and Home Hardware.

Leonard L.: @ Canadian Tire - His info is there. The best method to customer service is direct response, not deflection to your email address. He is here, engage and resolve. That would be the best no? 'Simply love being referred to another department'!

Randy P.: The Canadian Tire in Brockville could care less. I have complained. It doesn't matter though. I shop at Home Hardware now. Better products - better service. I also happen to be a contractor and I steer clients away from CT. It's pretty much a company on the way out anyway - at least in Brockville. It's run by a bad franchisee with bad management. Home Depot, Home Hardware and even Walmart offer way better service.

Last edited:

CTH8R

More financial crappiness:

Rob C.: i know the feeling Alex, an they have some nasty customer service rep's in their call center....had 1 a while back when i was working away from home an no access to internet or anything....didn't make my payment for almost 2 months....woman calls day after i get home an bitches an rags on me...an wouldn't shut up to let me explain what happened...so i told her to fuc off an hung up!!

CTH8R

Oh-oh!

Dave C.: My wife had a CT credit card for almost 15 years. CT cancelled her credit card due to inactivity and she lost all her points, or CT money, that had accumulated on her card for all those years. CT customer service said "it's company policy to cancel inactive CT cards and CT is not required to notify the customer before deactivating customer's CT card". All the points, or CT money, that had accumulated over the many years on my wife's credit card were lost. So I wonder where all that CT money in the briefcase came from?

CTH8R

Canadian Tire Sucks At ... Tools:

Terry M.: Why do you not honor your warranty on MasterCraft made products without a receipt? 3 year warranty on Drills, only 12 to 16 months old .. Help me understand ?

CTH8R

Gilad H.: NEVER BUYING ANYTHING FROM CANADIAN TIRE AGAIN.

The worst customer service

Had a serious problem with my car: My rim was bent and could cause the tire to burst at any moment. So I brought my car in to Canadian Tire since they were close by and the only ones open at the time (it was on a Saturday afternoon) only to be ignored by none other than the service manager himself! He just looked down and shuffled through papers infront of me as I was expressing my serious situation to him. But no. Not even hint sympathy. Just a monotone 'well Im sorry to hear about your problem but there is nothing that I can do right now'. Even helping me find a store that can service me seemed like too much of a bother to him; I had to ask him if he knows if theres another store where I can get help. I gave up on that store and I went to another store and ONCE AGAIN had to push them to help me. They wouldn't replace the wheel because they SAID that didnt have enough time (which takes 5 minutes once they put it on the hoist) but they were happy sell me a new tire and rim and guess what, they even have time to mount balance the rim and the tire! (This took 15 minutes!). But no, the extra 5 minutes to put the tire on my car they didnt have! UNBELIEVABLE!

CTH8R

Note to all CT Owners: don't worry about any of these comments because there is absolutely nothing wrong with any of your stores? OK? Just go about your business as usual ...

Nick M.: Congratulations Canadian tire once again your north side lethbridge store has the worst possible service known to mankind absolutely sad and pathetic!!!!!

Nick M.: I don't have time to email a company that truly doesn't care if you want to make a difference then start making changes and contact the consumer instead and make a difference

CTH8R

Taking the pulse of the average Canadian consumer:

Jeremy K.: Jeeze the canadian tire page gets alot of hate!

CTH8R

It would have been useful for people to read these comments - too bad the were 'maintained' right off the web page:

Chris R.: Just began reading demerise Johnson comment on trouble at two Canadian Tire stores and the comment thread just disappeared...hummm, did Canadian Tire do that...

Last edited:

CTH8R

Sarmen S.: And here I thought I was the only one who was disgusted by the company! Thank you Canadian Tire for uniting us together!

CTH8R

Who wants to win a brief-case full of CT Funny Money?

Amanda M.B.: Why would you want anything from Canadian Tire....everything about it is crap!

Amanda M.B.: Never ever had a good experience there.

CTH8R

Robert A.M.: I won't step foot in another CT store until you either put up a proper flag or take that stupid 'banner' down!

CTH8R

Paul B.: I have to say the CT radio commercial that tells my children I would rather have a power tool than a hug from them is disgusting. You have taken commercialization of a special day to a whole new low.