CTH8R

Mike P.: Go ahead shop @ Canadian Tire, all is good until something goes wrong... They know nothing about customer service they just want your money. I wouldn't buy a valve stem cap from them! This I know they don't care!

CTH8R

This person sounds like they like CT ... sorta:

Mitchell J.: Thx canadian tire you've always been there to sell us overpriced crap. Also u have the nhls worst named arena. Sweet

CTH8R

On (anti-)social Media:

Jim S.: ... this is social media ... not buisness media. I get tons of their advertising in the mail and local paper. No end to where they will go. Can, t even eat supper without some phone solicitation. Getting very tired of this in your face stuff constantly.

CTH8R

Elijah P.: I no longer shop at CT regularly due to the overwhelming cheap attitude of management and staff. They would rather lose a customer than lose a penny.

1wildhorse

You know, if you were even remotely in the ballpark, this would be of concern. If my customer count went down, i'd be concerned and worried. I track my customer counts, sales and average sale every single day. That's called running a business.
I will never claim 100% of everyone that walks in the door leaves satisfied, that's not in any way or form a reasonable expectation. What I do know is that on a typical day of 400 or 500 customers, my team may deal with one or two people who will either express concern or out right complain. They do their best to address LEGITIMATE concerns, protect the reputation of my store and satisfy the customer with whatever ability they have. That's what I pay them to do. That's what I train them to do.

okay lets break this down.you have on average one or 2 customers a day in your store that outright complain.and i honestly believe that you actually run your store with a little integrity,unlike some others.however.lets start breaking down the numbers.im not sure how it is in canada,but in the UK a study revealed that on average a dissatisfied customer would spread the news of the terrible service to approximately 8 people.so.
canadian tire has 488 stores across the country.if we average out the number of dissatisfied customers daily per store to 1.5(between 1 and 2),then across canada there are 732 dissatisfied customers per DAY.if they complain to 8 people on average,then this comes to 5856 people.so because of the DIRECT action/inaction/terribad customer disservice that your company employs,your company pisses off an average of over 5,000 people PER DAY.....if you really cannot see the long term harm there yet then you are even more deluded than i thought.

1wildhorse

according to the statistics,your company pisses off well over 2 MILLION 'customers' per YEAR.and thats being conservative.....

CTH8R

One more pissed off person:

Kimberly G.: I would like to Know why your stores are the only ones that say when I'm using a coupon that the wording "ONE PER PURCHASE" means 'ONE COUPON PER TRANSACTION" I really look forward to hearing from you in relation to this matter...

---

And, by the way, that's only a person who said something at all - the majority do not.
And, they said something on the internet - most do not.
And they said something that got capture here - most do not.

Seems to me the math should be persuasive - unless you are a Moaner!

CTH8R

Looks like CT decided to pay Facebook to spam Canadians with a picture about Christmas - it's not even Fall yet!!!

Here are the kind of things Canadians have to say about CT and Xmas:

Melissa M.: Tried to buy a Christmas tree at Canadian Tire last year but the staff are incompetent. First a staff member wouldn't move out of my way after saying excuse me several times. Then when I asked how much a tree was, the staff member couldn't find the price and said sorry we are out of stock. I replied, I didn't ask if they were in stock I asked what the price was. They couldn't tell me the price and tried to get around it by saying it was out of stock to deter me from getting it. And they weren't out of stock of it anyways.

CTH8R

Another:

Joey M.: i was at one they had no CLUE what Tuck tape is, that red tape that is multipurpose but intended for construction uses

--

Just one of the many who become 'pissed off' every single day, LOL!

CTH8R

Romeo P.G.: Just goes to show you that theses celebrations are money events. He who displays there stuff soonest, sells first

Romeo P.G.: Dislike. Dislike where is the dislike button

CTH8R

I see CT also paid Facebook to spam Canadians about their horrible "saw horse" product. "When it says Yardworks, you know it's going to Suck!".

Vic E.: BAD PRODUCT: Acceptable if you have a few small logs to saw, don't know what you are doing and have more money than brains. Otherwise this is VERY DANGEROUS, awkward, slows down the job and a waste of money. If you have a lot of wood to buck up, build yourself a good WOOD sawbuck with two or three Xs made of scrap lumber and linked together. It will hold multiple logs, be safer and far faster to load and to cut a lot of wood. You can build your own to give you pre-measured lengths which is a nice feature.

CTH8R

Sawhorse:

Nick F.: I would like to know who dose the testing of such products? Must be done by one of the accountants. Both of the products shown are complete garbage. When will Canadian tire stop this practice of selling junk and lying to customers I would be ashamed to sell something like this.

CTH8R

according to the statistics,your company pisses off well over 2 MILLION 'customers' per YEAR.and thats being conservative.....

(psssst - it's better if you just ignore the moaner ... that way, they won't get the attention this troll craves! just sayin' ....)

CTH8R

Crappy lights, built to the precise quality specifications demanded by the geniuses at Crappy Tire:

Terri R.K: Spent aprox $300.00 on Christmas lights at Canadian Tire last year and every single set burnt out! Most before New Years! Never kept the receipt because I've never had a problem with lights burning out so soon after buying them and have been buying x-mas lights for 30+ years. Likewise brand. I e-mailed them about it and as I expected was ignored.

Last edited:

1wildhorse

(psssst - it's better if you just ignore the moaner ... that way, they won't get the attention this troll craves! just sayin' ....)
ye but i love to have the odd dig.....dont forget if i can get them for fraud this house of cards will fall MUCH MUCH quicker.....

CTH8R

More responses the spam about that ridiculous saw-horse:

Vic E.: BAD PRODUCT: Acceptable if you have a few small logs to saw, don't know what you are doing and have more money than brains. Otherwise this is VERY DANGEROUS, awkward, slows down the job and a waste of money. If you have a lot of wood to buck up, build yourself a good WOOD sawbuck with two or three Xs made of scrap lumber and linked together. It will hold multiple logs, be safer and far faster to load and to cut a lot of wood. You can build your own to give you pre-measured lengths which is a nice feature.

CTH8R

Nick F.: I would like to know who does the testing of such products? Must be done by one of the accountants. Both of the products shown are complete garbage. When will Canadian tire stop this practice of selling junk and lying to customers I would be ashamed to sell something like this.