CTH8R

They forgot about Simoniz:

Richard V.: Two brands sold at CTC they need to get rid of... "Yardwork" and "Jobmate" two brands that are absolute junk.

Richard V.: "Yardwork" as a brand... nothing but junk. Not intended to last... use once and throw away.

CTH8R

Dale H.: I have heard a few horror storys of friends trying to take back broken items they have just purchased and getting nothing but a run around. I never by anything important from these people. Costco has the best return policy

CTH8R

Poor inventory issue. Moaner? Are you listening? You wanted specifics!

Sandra M.: Canadian Tire Customer Service - retail 101 - when you have a customer in your store - SELL THEM SOMETHING - I ran into the exact same issues as outlined by Stuart when I wanted to spend my money with you for a BBQ....to reply with 'contact our customer service' is a total waste of my time - will customer service have the BBQ that 5 other stores said they had before I drove to each one - I dont think so - your competition is eating your lunch with having sale items in stock and helpful, friendly staff.

CTH8R

Carolyn S.: I was in CT in Minden Ont and was looking at stuff on a shelf when a young man working for CT had dropped his Hand Truck and it hit me on the back of my leg it did hurt and he couldn't even say sorry and the manager all he did was take my name and number nothing ever became of it no phone call or anything from them to see if I was alright if I get hurt again in there store I will consider on suing them..............

CTH8R

Donna M.H.: ....I just came back from CT.....asked where something was and the girl waved her hand (with cell phone attached) and said over there....said where? and she said over that way somewhere. I wish I ran the place for a few days.

CTH8R

Mike I.: ... I fell and injured myself and your ft St. John dealer is taking his time settling with me. You guys suck

Mike I.: You know I have been in touch, CONSTANTLY. Everytime I send my insurance adjuster an update he notes it and keeps a record. I have sent a letter to your president, but once again the buck has been passed. I was told it is now with the dealers insurance company and the dealer. What utter rubbish all your dealer is doing is delaying in hopes I will go away. I fell in your dealers parking lot last December. This is his lot it is not shared with anyone else. It had not been cleared nor sanded. I went all over the details with the insurance adjuster. His name is Jim D. from SCM. All I get from him is they are waiting for paperwork. I say the damn paperwork doesn't exsist and your company and the dealer aare stalling. My phone number is 250-500-1982.

CTH8R

Tom N.: I think Canadian tire should just cut their losses and change their name with new ownership. It's a disgrace for a company like that to have the word Canadian on it as it reflects poorly on us as a country.

CTH8R

Roger G.: I do not like the Can. Tire stores, as they have a poor warranty service on those lawn mowers that they sell.

CTH8R

Tim M.: don't buy anything at canadian tire. When you buy something and used it and you don't like the quality you are out of luck because they will not take it back. You better go to Wal-Mart, Target or Costco there you can try for example your Coffee marker when you don't like it you return it no questions asked you get your money back.

CTH8R

Crappy Clothesline:

Darren M.: My wife bought a umbrella clothes line and after a year it broke and could not be fixed. it said on Canadian tires site that it had a life time warranty. we didn't have the bill of sale but had the box and a Canadian tire sticker on it. but the guy at the customer service counter as usual when he heard we had no proof of purchase he turned and stood there back facing us and saying sorry cant help you. The president of the company who made the product sent me an email to give to the store saying if they didn't replace it they would have sent us a new one and pulled all stock out of the store. sad that it had to come to that

John W.: Darren most of those life time warranties are an agreement between you and the manufacturer. The retailer is not who you should be going to.

Darren.: John, sorry but you are wrong, On canadian tires website it states on a few of the things we have bought there that it comes with a lifetime warranty through Canadian tire.

Darren M.: if it didn't say that there was a lifetime warranty or even a 5 year warranty I would not be going to canadian tire with a return or exchange!!!

CTH8R

Richard M.: After being stolen from by Canadian Tire I hope its your last you guys deserve nothing but bankruptcy for ripping off the Canadian public a brand-new cool with your name on it doesn't work you take it back you don't tell people you're going to send out for repair

CTH8R

Dean A.: I tried to purchase a BBQ in Grand Prairie and the were to busy / lazy to go find what they had in stock. On a possible purchase of close to a $1000 at an hour before close time. They told me to call back in the morning, when they knew I had a one way drive of 3 hours...... Great to be Canadian.... Spend the money else where.....

Dean A.: Funny I have sent customer service a mail a few hours ago as they asked..... Still no reply....... Don't think they will...... Yet they say strong customer service is important....... They really don't standby what they say.....

CTH8R

Garry G.M.: I personally do not like your return policy and I,m sure I,m not the only one. Example: I bought an Air Conditioner from Canadian Tire which turned out it did not do the job it was supposed to do. Upon returning it you would not refund the money. Not even the Tax money which has nothing to do with the product. The best they would do is give me a credit on a card for the full amount. I brought the item back well within the 14 day return policy and still no refund. We ,ve bought a lot of other product from Canadian Tire But if we do anymore shopping there it will only be for small OnSale items, things you know you won,t return if you have to.

CTH8R

Raft, anyone?:

Chris M.: I just bought one and had to take it back the main valve was leaking and they wouldn't give me my money I had to get a 250 gift card

CTH8R

Michael G.: Terrible customer service. No response to the customer service address. Probably an account nobody logs into. Likely this company flourishes by selling cheap imported tools from asia comparable to dollar store goods. So long as people are buying, why should CT waste their time addressing bad service.

CTH8R

Jennie D.: Be careful buying from canadian tire bought a tent pieces missing and customer service was terrible out in the middle of no where ready to camp with 3 and 4 yr old and no tent. Also bought jacket couple months ago wore it twice all let go at seams and a coffee perk less then a month old caught on fire.

CTH8R

CT says they want to sell 'innovative' products':

Morgan A.: How about letting me return the piece-of-crap flashlight that died after the first charge cycle without the receipt? Would that be considered innovative, hm?

CTH8R

Camping, anyone:

Robin M.: My Coleman propane lamp didn't come with the sacks that actually make light, and my water jug leaks. Thanks Canadian tire!

CTH8R

Apparently, hatred often arises from betrayal:

Jeffrey B.: i am taking them to court also have a big letter done up to send to market place. i have never felt so betrayed by a Canadian company