CTH8R

Victor B.M.: When will my Canadian Tire order be ready? You should inform people before they pay for products online that they have to wait 3-6 business days before they can pickup the product they have payed for. I could go to any tire supplier and have the tires the next day, why do I have to wait so long just because I bought them online. Am I a second class customer, because I bought online?

I am still waiting for a reply.

CTH8R

Christine C.S.B.: Maybe you should get Canadian Tire (retail) employees to be testers? Would give the employees some knowledge ...

CTH8R

Victor B.M.: When will my Canadian Tire order be ready? You should inform people before they pay for products online that they have to wait 3-6 business days before they can pickup the product they have payed for. I could go to any tire supplier and have the tires the next day, why do I have to wait so long just because I bought them online. Am I a second class customer, because I bought online?

I am still waiting for a reply.

Victor B.M.: I asked when I would receive my tires, do I have to call the head office to get my question answered?

CTH8R

Ouch!

Andrew G.: Canadian Tire is a joke of a company! The worst customer service experience I've ever encountered. And the manager was no better to deal with. When I made my complaint to their customer relations department they said I'd hear back from the store owner in a couple of days......a week later and I still haven't heard from anyone! In such a competitive marketplace, one would think that they'd have more concern over customer satisfaction......I guess they don't really care! I won't spend another dollar at any Canadian Tire location, and when they disappear just like Zellers, Target, and Kmart - hopefully they'll look back and think - all we had to do is to service our loyal customers better! I always went to Canadian Tire before going to Home Depot or Wal-mart .......but no more!

CTH8R

Jessica S.F.: I will never step foot into a Canadian Tire again. After a horrible experience at their location at 401 and Weston Rd, I contacted the manager over 5 times with no resolution. I guess being threatened by one of your employees is the way your business operates.

Jessica S.F.: I have. I even contacted head office which sent two requests to the store manager for a follow up and nothing.

CTH8R

Janice I.: From a PR perspective and reading through the comments I think this campaign is failing.

Last edited:

CTH8R

Ouch!

Andrew G.: Canadian Tire is a joke of a company! The worst customer service experience I've ever encountered. And the manager was no better to deal with. When I made my complaint to their customer relations department they said I'd hear back from the store owner in a couple of days......a week later and I still haven't heard from anyone! In such a competitive marketplace, one would think that they'd have more concern over customer satisfaction......I guess they don't really care! I won't spend another dollar at any Canadian Tire location, and when they disappear just like Zellers, Target, and Kmart - hopefully they'll look back and think - all we had to do is to service our loyal customers better! I always went to Canadian Tire before going to Home Depot or Wal-mart .......but no more!

Andrew G.: I already did this when I spoke to a person with your customer relations department.....a detailed explanation of what occurred on March 17th should be on file. The young lady said that the owners would be in contact with me within the next couple of days......it's been 11 if you count today! Poor service, poor response, and poor customer relations! You have my name, check to see how much I've bought and services of Canadian Tire I've used over last 20 years.

Andrew G.: Toget, thankful???? The way I was treated by an employee who was either hung over, or upset he was scheduled to work on St Patrick's Day is a disgrace! Poor customer service training, management, and corporate follow up. May be only Canadian store standing, but if they keep this up........won't be long before the disappear like Zellers, and Eaton's!!

Andrew G.: .....what else have I complained about that you are aware of? Some people just like sticking their nose where it doesn't belong!

Last edited:

CTH8R

Jennifer-lee G.: The service at your verdun store is Terrible. Your manager there needs and attitude adjustment. Maybe a demotion, thank goodness for your Cashier Lisa and her happy to help you personality save the day.

CTH8R

Rob L.: Interesting since I left a negative review on one of their products and they removed it.... Coincidence? I doubt they want their customers to leave honest reviews unless it helps them sell their products!

CTH8R

Thumper E.: the auto replies make me laugh...please contact custumer service so then can help you....then when you actually do...what surprise???then NEVER contact you back

CTH8R

John B.: 10 days ago a purchased an air compressor valued at $249,but on sale for $169,now only to see it on sale for $124. This is a joke. Sales are arranged well in advance of their publication,so why do I feel ripped off and misled?

CTH8R

Dallas L.: Wow, just tried to drop off my dirty oil like I have always done in the past and was told you don't allow oil drop-offs any more. You don't have a problem selling the oil to me, but clearly enabling DIYers to dispose of oil in an environmentally friendly way isn't a concern of yours. Props to you on this decision....Wal Mart gladly accepted my money for oil today.

CTH8R

Greg D.: isnt it true,, you have a no bullying policy in all your canadian tire stores? Then why do you allow a store manager to Bully staff, and threaten employees jobs and call them other things? isnt there anything that can be done?

CTH8R

James R J.: I am a mechanic and have been buying tools from Canadian tire for 40 years and I cannot return a simple racket with their name stamped right on it because I cant find the bill so im guessing all the tools I purchase with lifetime warrenty over the past 40 years are junk now,,i feel so cheated that Canadian tire lied to me,i also have craftman and snap on tools and can exchange them anytime they break with no problems,why are Canadian tire such liars and why would they cheat a guy whos been a loyal customer for over 40 years,i am so disgusted and feel so freakin cheated,I make my living with my tools and Canadian tire are cheating every mechanic out there,so if you make a living with your tools do not buy Canadian tire,their warrenty is garbage and they will not honor it,if I had kept a receipt for every tool I purchase id have no room in my box for tools,it makes me sick that they would cheat me

CTH8R

Greg D.: isnt it true,, you have a no bullying policy in all your canadian tire stores? Then why do you allow a store manager to Bully staff, and threaten employees jobs and call them other things? isnt there anything that can be done?

Greg D.: Greg Davidson well well.... I talk to my supervisor about my store manager threatening staff about their jobs and his bullying.. today as Im clocking out. Im called into the office and fired! Thank you canadian tire for allowing bullying, harrassing, and more in the workplace. I have now contacted the labour board about this store. also will advise people not to shop canadian tire until a Union is put into place to protect employees. I am also starting a website for canadian tire employees who would like to start a union in their store. on top of this, notifying the fire department about stock blocking escape routes in case of fire.. also will notify both newspapers about being fired for standing up for myself. I think the public would love to hear the story..

CTH8R

Sue Archibald Mailloux Smith Canadian Tire Corporation:

Dear Allan MacDonald and TJ Flood,

Today, a couple of my family members were in to our local Canadian Tire store in Tilbury, Ontario. My mother was interested in purchasing the Bushlife Neoprene Chest Waders that were advertised at 50% off. The regular selling price was listed at $79.99 and on sale for $39.99. The Spring flyer is in effect from Friday April 10 to Thursday April 16 2015. Product # 77-1565X
When my Mom inquired about the Neoprene waders that were advertised, the sales person brought a pair of nylon coated waders stating that they were the ones that were on sale. Mom stated that the ad said it was Neoprene waders that were on sale not nylon. The sales person then said the waders had a Neoprene insole. Naturally my mother was not happy and so they asked to speak to a manager. Another salesperson, came stating that he was quite busy and said that an error must have been printed in the flyer and if they wanted the waders at the sale price of $39.99, that the nylon waders were what was on sale at that price.
Needless to say, our family made the drive to the Canadian Tire store to purchase Neoprene waders, only to be informed that Neoprene was in the insole only and the outer covering was nylon. Not only was the product not as advertised, my Mom received poor customer service. They left the store without the Neoprene waders which they had drove into town to purchase, and they also left with the feeling that Canadian Tire could have cared less.
My Mom is an 80 year old woman who has spent considerable funds over the years in Canadian Tire. When I heard of this happening to her today, I felt compelled to write. If a business is to thrive, it should at the very least provide a shopping experience that leaves the customer satisfied. If even half of the customers walked away from the store feeling disappointed or upset, no doubt, a business would not survive very long. Surely, there must be a better policy then what was shown to my family today. What ever happened to customer satisfaction in providing what the ad stated? Neoprene is not nylon, and sadly they drove to town for Neoprene waders and went home with nothing.
Looking for your reply regarding this matter,

Sue S. on behalf of Laura A.

CTH8R

Candace J.: I bought severalpieces of the Maximum metal storage benches, cabinet, etc. When putting them together one of the panels was badly dented (in box) I went to Medicine Hat store and manager's solution was to take a part the build and return for floor model (which was used and abused) or take a part the build for refund. A solution would have been to call another store and have that panel sent asap. I am not supporting a store that does not stand behind its merchandise. Now I am packing up everything I have ever bought within the last 90 days. Going to take a few trips! Thanks Adam!

Candace J.: Calling customer service didn't do a thing! Just delayed the tear down and return of $2,000 worth of purchases. As a new home owner who needs everything I'll now go get it from Costco.

CTH8R

Chris D. D.: My experience with canadian tire products is not good, this year alone I have returned four or five electronic appliances because of failure, and I know how to take care of stuff. I almost expect them to fail now? Won't be long before I smarten up and stop buying stuff other than oil there.