CTH8R

I wish Jean was more definitive:

Jean Francois L.:

Have a big deception, canadian tire not willing to honour their mastercraft Maximum tool warranty. The tool is backordered since 3 month and manager did not want to open tool set to replace mine. Had to come back home with my broken tool and now looking for an other brand with better warranty to replace it. I will not trust this warranty from now.

Yes I called them, the lady who took my phone call offer me to send a message to the manager of the store. We did it, but it still do not make my tool work correctly neither than change it for tomorrow morning, time where I will need it. Manager should had open a tool set to change my broken tool, that's what I was expecting from your warranty when it says you come to store and we change it. But I will not fight my way trough it, I'm deceived and will just change my buying habit.

CTH8R

#734:

San D.:

I recently purchased this BBQ September 13/2015 and WANT my money back. I don't want to trouble shoot ANY LONGER. I want a refund not an exchange. It's a BRAND NEW BBQ and had the opportunity to use it once ONLY. After that it would not keep the flame going and shut off. We paid to have new tanks thinking it was that. Paid to have someone look at it....THIS IS NEW....DONE trying to find answers and solutions. I want my money BACK... DO NOT WISH ANYMORE torubleshooting, my receipt states it is refundable with a receipt...that is a Canadian Tire receipt back. serial code G453151503005513

this is what was sent to me;
Thank you for contacting Canadian Tire Corporate Customer Relations.

Our Return Policy applies to items that are unopened, unused, not installed, not defective, with a receipt, in original packaging. Once a product is used it is subject to the manufacturer’s warranty. The warranty for your MasterChef bbq is troubleshooting and parts replacement directly with Masterchef.
Thank you for contacting Canadian Tire Corporate Customer Relations.
We contacted Masterchef on your behalf, please find attached their response.

So in other words Canadian Tire DOES NOT honour any returns within 30 days with a receipt.
WOW
Walmart really is the GO TO STORE they love their customers

CTH8R

#735:

orengebmp ‏@orengendp · Sep 19
@CanadianTire @OfficialGretzky can't shop there anymore since Gretzky is a partisan Conservative. #cdnpoli #elxn42

#736:

Porwigle ‏@P_Wog · Sep 19
@orengendp @CanadianTire @OfficialGretzky I guess you lost my business too!

#737:

Citizen2015 ‏@ThePhotowagon · Sep 20
CT, if I was you, I would ask for my money back from Harpzky. I too boycott anything to do with this ass. @CanadianTire @OfficialGretzky

#738:

Lexy Cameron ‏@LexyCameron · Sep 20
@JoanneCangal @TraceyKent @OfficialGretzky I only shop Home Hardware. Truly local franchise.

#739:

LostAndFoundInCanada ‏@CdnImm · Sep 20
After his endorsement of Harper, I will not be shopping at @CanadianTire any more. Thanks for the heads up. @OfficialGretzky

#740:

Isabelle ‏@IsabelleSahra · Sep 20
@CanadianTire @OfficialGretzky Sorry Canadian Tire, can't buy at your shop anymore, dump #gretzky ! #elxn42 #gretzky #harper #Conservative

#741:

Margo MacFarlane ‏@margo94 · Sep 21
@CanadianTire @OfficialGretzky i quit shopping at your stores as of now. You political wonks home hardware my new favorite store #CDNPOLI

#742:

Michael Lau ‏@SciGuyLau · Sep 19
@CanadianTire just lost my patronage if they want to team up with the democracy hating @OfficialGretzky. Or are you now Harper Tire?

#743:

Brian Kinney ‏@Allison1950 · Sep 19
@CanadianTire @OfficialGretzky so is CT a bad brand like Harper? Sorry 99 and CT you re both off my list

#744:

Jay Boneater ‏@FreeSpeech247 · Sep 19
@CanadianTire @OfficialGretzky In turn you have through Gretzky teamed up with Harper so I will boycott CT.

#745:

Carl Baydala ‏@ButchBaydala · Sep 20
@CanadianTire @OfficialGretzky Say no to Canadian Tire ... who are apparently on board with Harper's pony war agenda.

#746:

Claude Berthiaume ‏@108mainst · Sep 19
@CanadianTire @OfficialGretzky Since he is now political, I will be staying away from your store as you using him for marketing!

#747:

SeniorCanuck ‏@SeniorCanuck · Sep 20
@CanadianTire @OfficialGretzky You are off of my list of places to shop. The Harper stink is all over you.

#748:

Michael Thomson ‏@Michaelt629 · Sep 20
@CanadianTire @OfficialGretzky will never buy anything from there again.

#749:

Flèche de Tout-Bois ‏@KRD__East_End · Sep 23
@CanadianTire @OfficialGretzky boycotting you and anything else he reps

#750:

hawk ‏@oxy288 · Sep 23
@CanadianTire @OfficialGretzky just cut my Can Tire card up b/c of involvement with Gretzky

#751:

Soren ‏@zzzoren · Sep 22
@CanadianTire @OfficialGretzky Time to cancel my Canadian Tire Mastercard. #anyonebutharper

#752:

rogerman ‏@rogerman99 · Sep 21
@CanadianTire @OfficialGretzky not shopping at CT with this Harper stooge as frontman. #WannaPlay

#753:

Ernie Seedhouse ‏@akaKaiser · Sep 21
@CanadianTire @OfficialGretzky
This is a political advertisement. It must be reported. Anybody but Harper. Boycott CT.

#754:

Gary B ‏@ContrarianGary · Sep 21
@CanadianTire Gretzky is a Conservative shill. Why would u pick a right-wing extremist to represent you? Not shopping at your store anymore.

#755:

arctic yaks ‏@arcticyaks · Sep 20
@CanadianTire @OfficialGretzky Cheesy coordination of political and commercial campaigns. Tired of hockey. Going to Rona.

#756:

1984 ‏@1984cdn · Sep 20
@CanadianTire @OfficialGretzky never thought I'd do this but I'm now #Boycotting you #CanadianTire #Gretzky can DUCKOFF 4 supporting #Harper

#757:

A.R.T ‏@aj_smartideas · Sep 20
@CanadianTire @OfficialGretzky sad that this message will be lost as #99 endorsed PMSH. CT just lost my business and I used to shop weekly

#758:

Furr ‏@JohnFurrToronto · Sep 20
@CanadianTire @OfficialGretzky I wanna play, but not with harper supporting foreign nationals #boycottingCanadianTire

#759:

Tomasso ‏@TomassoRico · Sep 20
@CanadianTire @OfficialGretzky You just lost a customer #elxn42 #cdnpoli

Last edited:

CTH8R

Lovin' this hashtag!

#760:

Danielle Bowker ‏@daniellebowker · 23 Jun 2012
Thank you canadian tire for charging me $350 to fix my car when you told me yesterday that is was going to be $230 #boycottingcanadiantire

CTH8R

I liked #boycottingcanadiantire. See https://twitter.com/hashtag/boycottingCanadianTire?src=hash.

But I tried this one out, and it's even more popular - not just a statement about one's own decision, but a rallying call to others: https://twitter.com/hashtag/boycottCanadianTire?src=hash

Have a look:

#761:
Frank Svatousek ‏@FrankSvatousek · Sep 20
Wayne Gretzky supports Harper and is spokesperson for Canadian Tire. Time to #Boycottcanadiantire. #cdnpoli

#762:
FBC ‏@farrahbc1 · Sep 19
@OfficialGretzky We'd be more honoured if you gave up your Cdn citizenship. And I'm from Edmonton #yeg #gretzkysucks #boycottcanadiantire

#763:
Taylor Brown ‏@TayTWBrown · Jun 21
I'm super butthurt at @CanadianTire right now. Can someone help me astroturf some outrage? #BoycottCanadianTire

#764:
LeahBettine ‏@MizzComfyPants · 20 Nov 2013
.Dumb move @CanadianTire #BoycottCanadianTire #FordNation

#765:
Truman ‏@SnidelyBacklash · 19 Nov 2013
@cllrainslie You're welcome. tee hee #BoycottCanadianTire #TOpoli

Truman ‏@SnidelyBacklash · 19 Nov 2013
@to_mycity @SunNewsNetwork You're welcome! #BoycottCanadianTire #TOpoli

#766:
Elliott Ross ‏@ElliottRoss6 · 19 Nov 2013
@SnidelyBacklash I'll still #BoycottCanadianTire until it provides its workers a living wage and fair management practices. #TOpoli

Elliott Ross ‏@ElliottRoss6 · 19 Nov 2013
@SunNewsNetwork gives disgraced Rob Ford weekly campaign platform for PM of Canada. #BoycottCanadianTire, their sponsor #onpoli #cdnpoli

#767:
Ryan Crawford Parry ‏@RyCrawfordParry · 8 Jul 2013
Oppose the name Canadian Tire Centre #scotiabankplace #boycottcanadiantire

#768:
Kristi Schentag ‏@kristischentag · 7 Dec 2012
@canadiantire I have emailed u twice with no reply.. Must think I will go away.. Think again #boycottcanadiantire #badservice

Kristi Schentag ‏@kristischentag · 5 Dec 2012
@canadiantire u asked me to email u yet no reply..obviously customer service is not that important to u #boycottcanadiantire #takeownership

#769:
Mike ‏@SirMikespeed · 12 Aug 2012
@ct_racing #boycottcanadiantire tsn not airing race till 11pm @NASCAR fans dont matter

Mike ‏@SirMikespeed · 12 Aug 2012
@CanadianTire nothing in my cooler from canadian tire this year because tsn is not playing nascar today till 11pm #boycottcanadiantire

#770:
Lindsay Taylor ‏@PowellRiverBC · 9 Jun 2012
Boycotting @canadiantire because I can't find a employee to help me EVER!!! So frustrating to shop there!! #boycottcanadiantire

#771:
meganfluevog ‏@meganfluevog · 18 Apr 2012
@MikeGormanHFX they are getting rid of the Canadian Tire money. #boycottcanadiantire

#772:
Dam it mom! Knock... ‏@Holeinoneboy · 23 Mar 2012
Cdn. Tire convicted of price fixing gas. Send them a message. From this point buy all your garden gnomes from Rona. #boycottcanadiantire

#773:
smfarr ‏@smfarr · 20 Mar 2012
That is dreadful and despicable. U all deserve a HUGE apology. @jonduschinsky #ALS #CanadianTire #BoycottCanadianTire

#774:
Jon Duschinsky ‏@jonduschinsky · 20 Mar 2012
Mother-in-law has #ALS. She can't form words. Today, a #CanadianTire telemarketer mockingly grunted at her. Outraged. #BoycottCanadianTire

#775:
Hayley McCurdy ✌ ‏@hayleymccurdy · 11 Jan 2012
@CanadianTire no response...starting to feel this is a corporate thing, not an individual store thing. #boycottcanadiantire

#776:
Chris ( 11 ) ‏@HoneyBadger49er · 20 Sep 2011
@RickForbulous #BoycottCanadianTire spread the word

Chris ( 11 ) ‏@HoneyBadger49er · 20 Sep 2011
Canadian Tire are serious rip off artists, stay away from that store everyone #BoycottCanadianTire

#777:
Marc Pelland ‏@marcpelland · 10 May 2010
Bought a vaccuum at Canadian Tire. Broke when turning it on and they wont refund. #boycottcanadiantire

This must be annoying to their hopelessly inept Social Media Team!

Last edited:

CTH8R

#778:

Helene C.:

Really disappointed with the second wave of changes to the Cnd Tire money. First the loyalty card. Now we have to download specials in order to receive those points? I will be opting out....
But on a brighter note, it makes one less thing dangling on my key chain, and one less card cluttering my wallet.

CTH8R

#779:

Su P.:

I just called your Woodbridge Store located in Ontario and I got the worse treatment in terms of customer service! No time to answer one simple question to somebody like me that call very politely, is a shame that I will need to take my business somewhere else because of this incident.

CTH8R

#780:

Derek Y.:

So, I set up my Canadian tire card per the suggestion of staff and supposed ease of collecting points. I just received a message that I need to activate it each month?
Ok, back to Rona and Air Miles that I don't have to re-activate. What a shame.

CT Challenger

I know this is off-topic, but it's fascinating how many people who are mad at Canadian Tire for being affiliated with Wayne Gretzky, and they are mad at Wayne Gretzky for being affiliated with Steven Harper.

It's not like half the people are posting, "Oh, I love Wayne", or even "Who cares about Harper". Sure, there are a couple, but they are drowned out by all the people who don't like CT because of a loose connection to Harper.

This makes me wonder what's going to happen in the election.

(But I'm glad CT is giving more people reasons to boycott them - and yet again paying for the bad publicity! Way to Go, Team CT!)

CTH8R

#781:

Attila G.:

So apparently Canadian Tire is in the habit of selling fake and stolen Gift Cards. Save yourself the hassle and take your business elsewhere from now on, since they don't want to reimburse me the $100 stolen by them, I'll be seeing them in court smile emoticon. Hope the $100 was worth the thousands going to be spent on lawyer fees! And on top i think ill contact the local news to see what they have to say about ‪#‎CanadianTire‬ screwing customers over and stealing their hard earn money. Any thoughts guys? Global News CHCH TV PLEASE SHARE SO OTHERS DON'T GET HURT BY THIS AS WELL ‪#‎cp24‬ ‪#‎citytv‬ ‪#‎chchnews‬ ‪#‎

Attila G.: oh we did and their response was for us to go to the locations where the card was used (3) and ask for the video surveillance! As if that was our job and the locations would just allow random people to view video footage....and then what?

Attila G.: yes i have no concerns, i tried to settle it civilly, but the fact that they decided to just toss me around like a bag of shit, well i dont stand for that kind of treatment. and this wont be my first rodeo lets just say. im tired of customer service being so shit nowadays. i spend my hard earned money at their locations and stores, and this is how they treat us? not on my watch

Last edited:

CTH8R

#781 and a half? Tick-tick-tick ...

Brandon C.:

Really getting tired of being followed around your stores and being sold on your credit cards. I'm almost to the point of not wanting to enter your establishments to avoid the hard sell.

CTH8R

May? Come on Virginia, don't make me wait!

Virginia K.D.: First Sears, now Canadian Tire, why are you supporting someone who doesn't even live in Canada? First he comes here claiming to support Harper and suddenly he's the retail king. Sorry Canadian Tire I have been a long time customer, but you have really disappointed me and I may have to change my shopping habits.

CTH8R

#782:

Follow Lea's example!

Lea A.: I have other places right near Canadian Tire, if they can't support Canadians, they have lost my business as well.

CTH8R

Already happenin', Yvonne:

Yvonne M.: This is the idiot that supports Harper after harper removed his right to vote as a Canadian. He does NOT represent Canada! He lives in the USA and has lost touch with Canadian Reality! Get yourself a real canadian or you will find yourself losing customers!

CTH8R

Good summary:

Amanda L.: Yeah, super bad timing on this one, people aren't so thrilled with "the great one" and his political endorsements right about now.

CTH8R

Getting closer and closer ...

April L.:

I have recently wondered if Canadian Tire might see more business if you were to revamp your return policies. I recently did a "fall cleaning" and found a number of unopened items from a few different retailers. While all were past their 'return/exchange' deadline, only Canadian Tire would not even offer store credit. All the products for each store (including Canadian Tire, Walmart, Rona, Chapters and Lowe's) were items each store still had in stock. Each store at least offered me store credit for the unopened/unused items, Canadian Tire would not even discuss it. This is not the first time I have run into problems with the customer service at Canadian Tire and, frankly, is the reason I often rethink expensive purchases there and go elsewhere. I would rather pay more at a store that I know has fairly simple exchange policies (in the event of a problem) and great costumer service than deal with the hassles at Canadian Tire.

CTH8R

San .... Aga'n ....

Yet another lunch bag let down from...you guessed it “Crapy Tire”
After posting my concern as well as complaint regarding a product Canadian Tire sells, Master Chef BBQ. Having had it for 2 BBQ's only it crapped out!!! Repeated attempts at trying to get a “New Product” repaired on our time and dime, still hadn't worked. Being frustrated and giving up I assumed within a 30 day margin “We” as consumers are entitled to either a refund or able to return. NOT!!!!
I then received a notice back from Crapy Tire indicating “Please call this number, so we ma better serve you”
OMG again I'm told the same “you used the product therefore your entitled to nothing more that a exchanged.....or call the company Master Chef for a return label”
AGAIN another waiste of time.....now I'm at 3 weeks awaiting assistance. OMG So yet I'm told the same....”Being used Canadian Tire DOES NOT allow a refund” I asked on any product Canadian Tire sell, the women replied YES”

So in other words, if you buy a faulty item from either a curling Iron to snow blower, you bring it home to use and it breaks down.....because it was used,,,,no refund” OMG Unbelievable. Again how are you to know it's a crapy item without it being used. The question is does Canadian Tire and their purchasing department buy defective items selling at a 50% margin> OMG. Even your smaller chain such as Giant Tiger provides cash refunds ....imagine Giant Tiger...They are there to sever their consumer.....WHAT A JOKE. So people DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT buy ANYTHING from Canadian Tire Look at your “go to store” Walmart or better yet Giant Tiger, they care to please.

The hassle Canadian Tire has put my family through NEVER EVER buyer beware. Again it's called Crapy Tire for a reason....RIP OFF

CTH8R

Anybody else wanna make a prediction, on whether they are willing to keep the 9 clams, but lose Robert forever?

Robert W.:

Your Canadian Tire Store #213 in Port Hawkesbury violated your written return policy today. I attempted to return, well within the 90-day return period, completely unopened and unused (and completely re-salable), a roll of red adhesive tape for which I have the original receipt. Operator #145 refused to process the return, claiming that the end of the roll "was torn funny" and appeared to be used. This was not true, and obviously absurd to anyone who examined it. I asked that she take the roll back to the area where it was stocked to compare it to the same item on the shelf, but she refused.

Your return policy, as stated on each receipt that is given to customers, claims to give 90 days to return items that are unopened, in original packaging and with a receipt. This policy was not obeyed and I wish to have my request for return honored immediately. Your company has always had a reputation for honesty and good customer service, and this has always been my experience in the past, but this particular employee seemed rude and suspicious of me right from the start. Please get in touch with me to have this matter resolved. Thank you.

I have posted photos of the product and receipt below.

Receipt:
http://i.imgur.com/KEEsYfN.jpg

Photo of package - front
http://i.imgur.com/MVYohFT.jpg

Photo of package - back:
http://i.imgur.com/j3a4sMz.jpg

Last edited:

CTH8R

"Likely"? Keep us poster, Philip!

Philip J.:

Canadian Tire this aggressive woman comes up and tries to push credit cards ‪#‎biggestmistakeImade‬.Anyway I signed up because I was told I could save a few dollars on my purchase if I APPLY. So I APPLIED and when I went to the till, I handed the clerk a piece of paper which which took off a few bucks and then I PAID my bill and thought nothing of the matter. In fact, I forgot I even applied. Today I get a call from their bill collectors saying my credit card (which I never received) is passed due and I owe them $100. I told them, I have never used the card. They told me their records show that I'm wrong and I need to pay them for it etc. I said all I did was apply, they told me I was PRE-APPROVED and used the card. This PRE-APPROVED business needs to stop. So happy I went months back into my debit acct and found the payment. These people argued and argued about THEIR policy. If I did not fight back I would have had to pay TWICE. I told them if they can provide me the merchant copy and send it to me, I would pay them. They said that it's my job to prove to them I did not make the charges. Canadian Tire I have supported you a million times over the years, and you will likely lose a customer on this over principle. Had I paid cash and had no record of this, who knows how far it would have gone. BTW I will be asking for a copy of the recorded phone call I had with your staff. I hope they can provide it.