Sangria5

Indeed, some consumers don't consult the corporation PR department, or the balance sheet, when deciding if a store suck; they just look at the service and policies. Oops! CT lost another informed consumer!

#362:

Terry G.: Canadian Tire - not great service any more. Have you tried to return a defective product lately! Shameful - it used to be such a good place to shop. It's Costco all the way for me now - American but good products and great service!

https://www.facebook.com/CostcoCanada/posts/291523417592797

I wonder where this guy shops now.

Owner 1

Indeed, some consumers don't consult the corporation PR department, or the balance sheet, when deciding if a store suck; they just look at the service and policies. Oops! CT lost another informed consumer!

#362:

Terry G.: Canadian Tire - not great service any more. Have you tried to return a defective product lately! Shameful - it used to be such a good place to shop. It's Costco all the way for me now - American but good products and great service!

I don't expect customers to check our financials before making a buying decision.
What I do expect is that if YOU are going to make claims such as "our profits are short term", "Canadians are increasingly becoming frustrated" "more and more canadians are boycotting" that you have the statistics that can back up those claims. Especially considering the statistics show EXACTLY the opposite of what you claim.

CTH8R

I see Wendy has now joined the ranks:

#363:

Wendy C.: Thank you for your reply but I did call .Matter of fact I called head office somewhere I belive the head office s in To Downville maybe cant rember but I did use are 411 to get it .Moreless the mess I got was well the owner was a saleperson at one time and he won,t have that .So nothing came out off that but I can tell you the whole lineup behide me said they where sorry and they couldnt belive it neither so yes .I know and everyone else that day what truelly happened .But here a tip that when i was going too School and working in a dept store that my boss then told me without a custmer you dont have a job .So maybe you can think about that .As for us well we cancelled are Card from your store and now go 45 min out of are way too Homehardware .Truelly a Canadian store where you are treated with a smile and asked if they can help you .thank you for your time most time i ever got from you,s too

CTH8R

#643:

Pauline F.: used to shop at Canadian Tire, don't any more. My husband went there and bought me a bike as a surprise. He told the sales person it was a surprise gift for his wife. When he gave it to me I was so excited, but then found out it was too big for me, the front tire was not true and the handle bar turned but the front wheel did not. We took it back to the store where we were told they do not return bikes. and they wouldn't repair it either. I sent an e-mail to their head office, it has been 3 years and I still have not gotten a response. I bought a second hand bike that works great and still have a brand new unused unsafe bike in my basement. Bottom line, I'm just a regular person so I don't matter. I will never shop there again and tell everyone about my new bike. Go Canada!

CTH8R

#644:

Marko V. Whatever u do don't get ur car services at any canadian tire's, they don't value customer's like they should, in mississauga, Mavis and dundas there is a sight in the auto dept that says" if u yell we call police" that's how bad there staff and service is there, I bought a car battery there , my alternator craped out , and they charged me 30$ to recharge it, jus to get home, wow, Mavis and dundas, you will never get my business agian. My grandfather shopped there, my father, and now myself, and I brought my son there, 4 generations if shoppers and that's how u get treated,,,,,

CTH8R

#645:

Jake G.favorite store for 20 years. Now I'm shopping elsewhere. better customer service at a dollar store

CTH8R

#646:

Gemma C.: I will never shop at Canadian tire again. My husband was yelled at across the store to leave his backpack at the door. (It is my very small backpack filled with medical supplies and he carries it for me due to my disability). If they had a problem with the bag they should have talked to us quietly. Upon leaving we were told we had to have carry out or we would steal their cart.

CTH8R

Number got thrown off - this one is ...

#368:

Debbie B.: I'm a bit perplexed by your contunuing review to win contests. Now you encourage people to write 5 per day to get PIN's to enter, you do know that this is going to make reliable honest reviews go out the window. I have based large purchases on customer reviews but now I won't.I will shop elsewhere where the company does not "buy" fake reviews

Last edited:

CTH8R

#369:

Ryan G.: I will never set foot in that store again .... ripped us off hard... had receipt and product was one week old would not let us return it bc it wasn't a cheep item

CTH8R

#370:

And he's even getting better service than a lot of other Crappy Stores!

Brian T.: I stopped shopping a Canadian Tire months ago. Got tired of all the crap that they sell. Sure they have a good return policy, but who pays for my time and headaches after I get home with my purchase and find its defective. I am the one that has to return it everytime. I use to look forward to their flyer every week and I would rush in to buy what was on sale. Ever since they turned it into China Tire selling crap just to make profits. I have tuned them out. I no longer view the flyer and avoid it as much as I can.

CTH8R

#371:

Cathy K.: Would like a response on the ridiculous return policy that Canadian tire has...my husband was in the store a while ago to return some tire chains that we purchased there, was about 3 weeks after we bought them, and was told he only had 3 DAYS to return them!! The clerk was rude, and just said no. After this we still have the tire chains and will NEVER for any reason shop at any Canadian tire again, and will make sure we let people know how ridiculous the return policy is. You can shop at Costco and if you are not satisfied can return your item anytime, walmart is also ready to help and so is Target.....and all these stores will continue to get my business! A very very unhappy customer

Cathy K.: Also have only liked the page to comment and will not support Canadian tire, will unlike the page again.....just no customer service and no common sense!

CTH8R

#372:

Lynn R.: When you guys phone to see 'how we did' , etc, I let you guys know and guess what- never heard from CT again. Sorry but Canadian Tire lost me as a customer.

Lynn R.: Automotive department sucks. Not very helpful, rude, arguing with you when you don't do or purchase something because your on a limited budget so they turn and put the wrong size/make product in your vehicle (thermostat). Refuse to shop their again. Very poor service in both automotive and associates of all levels on the floor, cashiers included.

CTH8R

#373 - lost another one, through poor CS:

Crysta H.: They treated me and my kids like crap. Wont buy from there anymore..either will my family

And, lately these complaints seem to come in pairs: first the initial complaints. Then, after being told to contact CS, the second "I did, and they didn't respond" post, LOL! So very, very consistent!

Crysta H.: I have emailed the store and told them and they ignored me

CTH8R

Ouchey!

#374:

Lisa M.: You should shop elsewhere Debbie. And tell anyone you know to shop elsewhere too. Stop supporting these lying negligent crooks!! Their mechanics in Saskatoon at their Confederation Drive location, did work on our truck and their sloppy negligent untrained mechanics could've killed our family on the highway, and possibly anyone else that would've been travelling close enough behind us. Then their mechanics took everything apart to try to cover up their massive mistake, after they were told by my husband to LEAVE THE TRUCK ALONE until we came down to deal with it in person. They listen as good as they do mechanical work lol.

CTH8R

#375:

Rolando G.: went to the sore -"don't have it- was a promo code-did not come in" they walk away and are done with you !!!!will not go their again

Last edited:

CTH8R

#366:

Mala M.: No thanks, I would rather get my oil done some where that will listen to me and do the job right... It only takes one BIG error to loose a customer for good.

CTH8R

#377:

Sandra R.: Unless Canadian Tire would like to refund the $223.74 I paid to have my vehicle put back together and for the 'work' done there is no discussion necessary. I will never again set foot in Canadian Tire and will be sure to let everyone know what goes on in your auto shops. I will also post on yelp.com in case I don't reach enough people.

CTH8R

#377:

Sandra R.: Unless Canadian Tire would like to refund the $223.74 I paid to have my vehicle put back together and for the 'work' done there is no discussion necessary. I will never again set foot in Canadian Tire and will be sure to let everyone know what goes on in your auto shops. I will also post on yelp.com in case I don't reach enough people.

Some good news:

Sandra R.: So my husband went to CT today & got a total refund. However, it doesn't make up for being lied to or scammed in the first place.

CTH8R

#378:

Dave B.: I used to shop at Canadian Tire at least once a week, but after what happened a couple of days ago, I will never step foot inside their doors again.

Any guess how "contact us" worked out?

Dave B.: I have already done so. A few days ago, and have had no reply as of yet. I understand Canadian Tire must get alot of emails, so I wouldn't expect a reply right away. No big rush.

Dave B.: But I can email it again if you like. Is there anyone in particular I should address it to?

CTH8R

Close ..... but not 100%:

John T.: No thank you. Canadian tire is off my list. Operating a huge store with no staff. You have more cashiers in the store than people on the floor working.