Guest-0276

Posted by an unregistered user
You have no facts, you have no figures, you have no information to back up your claims.

lil ol me has brought more facts than brain dead ct clerk/retailer/CT Manager/ Ct Me/ or which ever imaginary douchebag you want to be, to the table. Still flapping lip while back pedaling eh. Here's a replay of the beating you received. Why so many personalities?

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/p...upid-return-policy-hide-employee-theft-4.html

That's a ridiculous claim....that my money and my career is based on running a fraudulant company LOL

but then you go on to say

Yeah we have some shitty return policies that customers may have a bad experience with

Tripped over your own butter knife again and again. So you sell something or fix something that breaks under normal use and people can't get a return and that's considered good business? You've admitted to reading alot of these threads so here's one you're avoiding. Why can't CT return defective items to the vendors like the other retailers can?

Here's another good one.
but those are limited to a few small product lines

Uh no, people can't get a hassle free exchange across all product lines. You remember "hassle free" don't you. The policy reinstated by Stephen Bachand, CT CEO... mid 1990's...ring a bell? Any bell? Oh that's right, you don't know that one either eh. And you're telling this board that you were corporate, beyond some kind of clerk? Ya sure whatever. Price check on kitty litter son. While you're at it get more butter knives.

and then you justify bad customer service with...
Hell, I even had a bad experience with a store when I worked for the Corporation. Of course it happens.... Bad days, bad workers, poor policies, defective products... we're a mass provider of products and services. To expect perfection is ignorant.

Used up all the butter knives already? Ok, get a shopping cart full. Break apart sets if you have to son.

And we haven't heard anything on
What I do know for absolute certain is for the most part when things to wrong, teams try to do their best to make it right.
If that were true we would've heard that one by now. But instead you go on a permanent loop on how you've provided all these facts, and how you're just a joy to be around and CT's shit smells so good that you take two mouthfuls straight from your bosses ass. Losing more butter knives. Ok, get some more sets of flatware, grab the forks.

If customers behave like you....
Being nice to retards who created the situation doesn't solve the problem. Those that behave like me don't shop at CT.

Here's my claim. You have nothing but a foul mouth
Yep, developed in the office. Oh wait, but didn't you CT shit for brains say that you were in the ivory tower too and if so why does me telling you that you're A DUMB FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT bother you?I used it all the time for reviews, gets the point subtly across.

And another endless loop...
have no facts, you have no figures, you have no information to

Ground hog day. I ran em over and there they be the next morning.

And we're all out of flat ware -sigh

Guest-0276

ct me, what are you going to do about simoniz? Is there going to be action taken by you. Your so called warranty doesn't work and I'm out alot of money. Is this how you treat customers?

Guest-0276

I've read the back and forth from the other threads lol. And ct me you didn't offer much except how big ct is. That's not saying much as DavidLer has pointed out that " CT still sucks" because of service, warranties etc coming from bad car repairs and store service. So what are you doing on those fronts mr corporate retailer? What are you going to do about your inferior products starting with siminoz. I suspect that you're a not dealer or anything in management in the store or at the office... as you lack maturity or insight gained from years of experience . Hence the "stupid retard" comments you've been getting.

CT Me / Lawguy

I can`t personally change the National Warranty Policies...I run a store. So to answer the question what am I doing... nothing. I make sure my team handles the customers appropriately when they have concerns at my store, and forward any feedback I get, and any significant quantities of the same products for defects I send that information to the appropriate parties at vendors and home office. I can`t fix the product issues myself!! Our role is to order the products and get them on the shelf for consumers to buy. We are a retailer, not the manufacturer.
To he who is out a lot of money... if it`s under warranty, take it to the authorized repair center in your city and they will repair it. There is warranty, you just have to go through the appropriate channels. Whatever we can do to make it right for the customer that walks into my store, we will. Sometimes that;s not always the customers idea of how the problem is solved, but I too, like EVERY business are bound by certain rules.

The `stupid retard` comments are surely no reflection of who I am. You`ve simply made a judgement on who you think I am as a person based on the fact that you`re pissed off at the company which i represent. Don`t talk to me about immaturity. Making such a judgement is unbelievably ignorant that my career path and my chosen way to earn money makes me a certain type of person. I`m not running a ponzi scheme or a Mexican drug cartel for *** sakes.

As far as what i`ve offered, it`s far more then just how big we are. The debate has been based on comments, most of which I can`t tell from who since you`re all too lazy to register, such as Tim Hortons is bigger, sinking my money into Canadian Tire is dumb because we`re the worst of the worst retailers, 57,000 minimum wage losers, we`re heading for bankruptcy etc..... My rebuttal to all of those is simple, black and white, plain as day. You can find it and read it same as I did. Until I see something that shows we`re a totally fucked company, other then the opinions of a dozen pissed off customers, i`ll stick by the information that I see every day, and my bank account to make my decision about our and my level of success.

CT Me / Lawguy

Here's another suggestion. Instead of nitpicking on CT over every little problem. Why not use a little common sense people. If the pressure washer you bought didn't work out why not buy another one? The chances of the new one working are astronomical. Not all of them are defective you know and we carry several models. That's what I tell customers who come back moaning and groaning about their items that don't work. If they're nice, I even give them a small discount towards their next replacement. That's good customer service. That's why CT is so profitable and has gotten so huge. We're 57000 and growing and the reason why we're opening many new stores in the next 5 years. We're taking on walmart and winning.

And to the one who has been swearing at me. You still have no facts, no proof, no documents to back up your allegations. You're not smart enough to run a million dollar operation like I can or make the money that I do or have the corporate connections that I do.

DavidLeR

Hey, CT Me:

I was looking at Ellen Roseman's "On Your Side" blog tonight, and saw a note on the "Sale of Goods Act". Ever heard of it?

I decided to start a thread on it, see: "https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/general-canadian-tire-complaints-chat/707-sale-goods-act.html"

It says that merchandise must be fit for the intended purpose. So, a defective pressure washer clearly isn't fit, if it won't wash or have pressure.

And, guess what? It says that the item has to be replaced or refunded, regardless of what policy CT might have come up with. "An express warranty or condition does not negative a warranty or condition implied by this Act"

Our role is to order the products and get them on the shelf for consumers to buy. We are a retailer, not the manufacturer.

Well, apparently that's not true, because the Act states that the seller is responsible, "whether the seller is the manufacturer or not".

Cool, huh?

To he who is out a lot of money... if it`s under warranty, take it to the authorized repair center in your city and they will repair it. There is warranty, you just have to go through the appropriate channels.

Well, not according to The Act. You have to either a) give him a new, working one (you, the retailer) or b) give him a full refund, regardless of the warranty procedure, because you sold him an unfit item.

Whatever we can do to make it right for the customer that walks into my store, we will.

Great! So our mutual friend can return it to your store for a full, instant and courteous replacement and/or refund? Or, go wherever he bought it, I guess.

And if the replacement is also defective (and the odd that it will also be defective seem "astronomical[aly]" high to me, based on the number of complaint), you'll keep replacing it until he gets one that works, right?

Or, after replacing it 5 or 6 times, then finally cave in & just give him the refund he already deserves.

DavidLeR

since you`re all too lazy to register

Hey, CT Me.

Or is it "Ct Me" now?

What happened to "CT ME"? And to "cT mE"?

Or more recently the VERY lazy "ct me"?

Are you going under all these different names?

And typing it in each time you post?

'Cause if you'd taken the time to FULLY REGISTER, I'm pretty sure your user name would be the same all the time.

And never "Guest", as it is now.

Instead it would be "Member".

Like mine is.

And, it'd be easier to search through your posts for various contradictions and inconsistencies.

I'm just sayin'.

Guest-0276

Well there you have it folks. You've heard from a CT douchebag clerks ( one of many cockaroaches) that they do nothing and won't do anything for you. The message is profit first, customers last, and store reputation somewhere in between. And if you want something that works, go to Walmart.

Down the road their files will end up across my desk for bankruptcy protection. They will no debt be on their knees crying for a tax payer bailout. Dalton McGuinty may get that look in his eye again and unzip the public coffers.

CT Me / Lawguy

Hey bankruptcy boy, can you read?
I didn't say I won't do anything about a customer with a defective product. I said in terms of pressure washers, I can't change the national warranty policy, or any product warranties for that matter.
If a customer with a problem is at my store, we do what we can to help. Unfortunately your terms for help and mine sometimes differ. If it's broken and can be fixed under warranty, we send it for repair. THAT'S HELP!!!! lol
If your car under warranty breaks down do you ask for a new one? no.... you take it ...... for repair under warranty. Neat how that works

Bankruptcy? LOL yah here we go again. We're close to going under. with profits in the hundreds of millions and one of Canada'a largest real estate portfolios, and billions in assets.... I hope you're job is bankruptcy protection and not market analysis.

DavidLeR

… and any significant quantities of the same products for defects I send that information to the appropriate parties ...

Well, CTMe/Ctme/cTME/ctme, this is just FANTASTIC!

We’ve been here for WEEKS debating whether or not selling the Simonize 7500 is a scam.

But all we’ve had to go on, has been anecdotal stories (OK, a HUGE number of anecdotal stories!) about all the failures & refused returns.

Near as I can tell, the whole “scam” issue centers around the defect rate.

If there are low defect rates, then it would seem like a half-decent product, worthy of being stocking in the stores, and certainly not a “scam” – just a few duds, that’s all.

On the other had, if there's a high percentage of defective washers out-of-the-box, and people at CT keep stocking the shelves with ‘em (but quietly change them to “repair-only”), well that sure smells like a scam to me.

What we’ve been lacking, to really once-and-for-all settle the debate on “is this a scam?”, is one key piece of data.

Data that (you have now revealed) you actually possess!

If I’m reading this right, then you KEEP such data! You track and report quantities of defects!

So tell us! Please! Settle the debate, right here, and right now.

Just what ARE the defect rates on the Simonize pressure washers?

If there are just too many defective products to report on, then how about just on the 1750 model? (The one that sparked the whole debate.)

Is it 1 in every thousand? One in every ten-thousand?

One in every 10?

Looking forward to some “true facts” comin’ our way any time now ….

(I’m all excited now - like it’s Halloween again! Or Christmas!)

DavidLeR

To anyone who has fallen victim to the “Repair Only” trap:

For Ontario and BC (and likely for other provinces), if you purchase a defective product, there are laws in place that entitles you to a replacement or a refund from the seller (such as Canadian Tire). It is not necessary for you to wait for a repair through the manufacturer.

In these provinces, the “Repair Only” policy is merely an invention of Canadian Tire, and exists solely to take money out of your wallet, and transfer it to the owner’s.

I strongly encourage you to check the Consumer Protection laws in your province, and to contact your Consumer Protection ministry.

In Ontario, see the Consumer Protection Act of 2002 at " Consumer Protection Act, 2002, S.O. 2002, c. 30, Sched. A " and call the Ministry of Consumer Services at 1-800-889-9768.

If the retailer refuses to replace the defective product or to issue you a refund, you may be entitled to a remedy through your credit card issuer. This is spelled out in the legislation in Ontario.

Don’t take my word for it, or the word of any self-serving Canadian Tire representatives, who may be posting here under a variety of names.

Do your homework. Shop at reputable stores. Know your rights, and insist that they be respected. Do not remain a victim.

And most of all, beware of yet another rip-off brought to you by Canadian Tire.

Guest-0276

Thanks DavidLer for shedding much needed light in this area. Canadian Tire and it's store owners have been rather indifferent and dismissive throughout my whole ordeal with this pressure washer. Rather than risk buying anything else from Criminal Thief I'll chance it at walmart, homedepot and Lowes.

CT ME, I don't trust you or your empty promises. For all I know it could've been very well your store that I purchased the crap pressure washer from and no help at all. "We don't make it " is the first thing the manager said to me and "sorry, it's policy that's on your reciept" And from what you've said, you do nothing except fill out a few forms for internal use and then the customer is left on their own. Maybe a finger in the right direction but that's about it. Let me tell you where that finger's pointing to. No where. So for my hard earned cash I got nothing but wasted time, lies and NO HELP from the store owner, from the corporate office, and the defective parts replaced with "brand new" defective parts.

And you expect me and others who have been burned to still shop at your store?

DavidLeR

Dear CT Me:

I've provided links to the legislation, and many links to reputable sites offering credible interpretations.

This evidence makes it very clear that an Ontario retailer must provide a refund for defective goods to a consumer who asks for one.

For a long time, you have been arguing that this is untrue. However, you have not provided any references whatsoever, and only offered your "retail experience" as evidence.

Do you have any credible evidence that you can contribute to this discussion? Surely an expert in these matters would have access to something more convincing than, ""I KNOW THE RULES! YOU DON'T".

If you are unable to provide any contrary evidence, are you willing to graciously admit that you may have been under-informed on this topic?

K

Kel Varntson

Here's another suggestion. Instead of nitpicking on CT over every little problem. Why not use a little common sense people. If the pressure washer you bought didn't work out why not buy another one? The chances of the new one working are astronomical. Not all of them are defective you know and we carry several models. That's what I tell customers who come back moaning and groaning about their items that don't work. If they're nice, I even give them a small discount towards their next replacement. That's good customer service.

No, that's bullshit. Good customer service my foot. I'd tell you to take your small discount and shove it sideways up your ass. I can go to virtually any other retailer in Canada and get a replacement on the entire unit immediately.
This is why I won't buy anything from Canadian Tire. I haven't in years and there's not a single day that goes by where I miss shopping at Canadian Tire. I can get anything Canadian Tire sells at other retailers. There's absolutely NOTHING unique about your stores other than the fiasco one has to endure in order to return something or get a problem resolved. That's a hell of a business model you have there. Once a good number of Canadians wake up and quit wasting time in your stores just because it says "Canadian" in its name (in a misguided show of patriotism), you guys are screwed.

CT Challenger

Yeah, baby!

Check it OUT!

The awesome Simoniz 2900 PSI Gas Pressure Washer is on sale, just in time for spring cleaning!

And the best part ... it's 50% off!

Simoniz 2900 PSI Gas Pressure Washer | Canadian Tire

It's even got a 5-star rating, right there on the Canadian Tire web site. No way they'd exclude any negative reviews, right?

Oh, wait. What's this???

"2 year repair only warranty on pressure washer"

Geez, isn't that the bogus 'warranty' that really means the store screwed up and agreed they'd never get a refund or exchange from Simoniz if the washer is kaput? So that Simoniz can safely ship lots of junk to CT?

The one where Canadian Tire has a policy to not provide a refund or exchange, because they'd get stuck with the broken unit, and the store would have to look after getting it fixed, and then sell it at a loss as a used unit?

On second thought, I'm pretty sure Home Depot and even Walmart will have them on sale, too.

Or Costco! They have a GREAT return policy! Money back within at least 90 days!

Yeah, screw Crappy Tire and their Simoniz Scam.

Jerks.

Guest-0469

Re: Simoniz Scam and CT's return policy

I actually have the 3200 Simoniz picture cut outta the flyer and was about to go buy one tomorrow.
On second thought......I don't like hassles......I'll find a different manufacture....and probably a different retailer.

SO, not a lot of money, but I am doing this in support of all the people who've been screwed by CT and Simoniz.

Guest-0485

This is typical of Canadian Tire and the more people who learn about it, the better off we'll be. The whole Canadian Tire policy on returns is something like this, "We've got your money now, so fuck you!"

That's funny because just today I returned an item I couldn't even find the receipt for with no hassle at all. In fact, I have shopped a lot at Canadian Tire and they have always come good for me anytime I have had a problem....including on dfective products.

CT Challenger

That's funny because just today I returned an item I couldn't even find the receipt for with no hassle at all. In fact, I have shopped a lot at Canadian Tire and they have always come good for me anytime I have had a problem....including on dfective products.

what is it with these ct rep's suddenly replying to posts from 2009?

it's safe to assume that this highly suspicous story doesn't involve a gas-powered Simoniz pressure washer (check out the thread's name for why this is ironic) or any other 'repair only' product, either.

and of course it won't involve one of the many "no warranty" products.

i wonder if this possibly fictitious 'customer' asked for a refund? probably not - they wouldn't be so hap-hap-happy.

i suppose it's possible that an actual retailer might have 'gone out of their way' for a nice, polite customer, and 'bent the rules', to offer them more than the store's policy calls for.

in any case, this un-named "item" would surely have been promptly and fully refunded at costco, home depot, or even walmart. something that not even on the regular menu at you-know-where.

does person/ct-rep who wrote even know about the superior policies at other stores?

if they did, i suspect they don't want other consumers to know about it.

makes me kind of glad they took the time to share their 'story' with us.

Angry CT Guy

what is it with these ct rep's suddenly replying to posts from 2009?

it's safe to assume that this highly suspicous story doesn't involve a gas-powered Simoniz pressure washer (check out the thread's name for why this is ironic) or any other 'repair only' product, either.

and of course it won't involve one of the many "no warranty" products.

i wonder if this possibly fictitious 'customer' asked for a refund? probably not - they wouldn't be so hap-hap-happy.

i suppose it's possible that an actual retailer might have 'gone out of their way' for a nice, polite customer, and 'bent the rules', to offer them more than the store's policy calls for.

in any case, this un-named "item" would surely have been promptly and fully refunded at costco, home depot, or even walmart. something that not even on the regular menu at you-know-where.

does person/ct-rep who wrote even know about the superior policies at other stores?

if they did, i suspect they don't want other consumers to know about it.

makes me kind of glad they took the time to share their 'story' with us.

Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids. You'll need to be more honest in your posts. The other store policies have been posted on here already. Those "superior" policies would make me wonder then why there is a sucks.com site dedicated to each of the ones you've listed.
Sorry faker advocate, you fool no one.