CT Challenger

Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids. You'll need to be more honest in your posts. The other store policies have been posted on here already. Those "superior" policies would make me wonder then why there is a sucks.com site dedicated to each of the ones you've listed.
Sorry faker advocate, you fool no one.

It's always entertaining for consumers when a CT Liar talks about being "honest", or even just "more honest".

A list of frequently told CT Lies can be found here:

"https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...y-do-ct-defenders-post-so-many-lies-here.html"

We should think about adding, "CT Lie - If there is a "sucks" site for any other store, then it proves that Canadian Tire sucks only as much as that other store".

Clearly untrue, as many earlier posts already showed, starting here:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...rranty-no-refund-no-exchange-18.html#post3134"

Angry CT Guy

Posted by an unregistered user
It's always entertaining for consumers when a CT Liar talks about being "honest", or even just "more honest".

A list of frequently told CT Lies can be found here:

"https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...y-do-ct-defenders-post-so-many-lies-here.html"

We should think about adding, "CT Lie - If there is a "sucks" site for any other store, then it proves that Canadian Tire sucks only as much as that other store".

Clearly untrue, as many earlier posts already showed, starting here:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...rranty-no-refund-no-exchange-18.html#post3134"

With 600 sucks.com sites covering almost any major business or employer, it just proves that there will always be complainers no matter how successful a business is. I would argue that the bigger and more successful a business is, the more complainers there are. Just a fact of life.

CT Challenger

it's actually a good thing if the ct reps don't know how much their store sucks - then they won't fix it and thier reputation will continue to decline

i'm glad that word is getting out via this web site - people are learning just how much this chain sucks - we don't need the rep or fake rep to confirm this

maybe other stores suck, too - but the evidence on this site suggests that ct sucks more in canada

certainly we've seen that their return polices suck more than any other store - see this thread for a comparison:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...pair-only-warranty-no-refund-no-exchange.html"

we've also heard enough automotive repair horror stories to tell all our friends to stay away

"Friends Don't Let Friends Visit Canadian Tire"

Angry CT Guy

it's actually a good thing if the ct reps don't know how much their store sucks - then they won't fix it and thier reputation will continue to decline

i'm glad that word is getting out via this web site - people are learning just how much this chain sucks - we don't need the rep or fake rep to confirm this

maybe other stores suck, too - but the evidence on this site suggests that ct sucks more in canada

certainly we've seen that their return polices suck more than any other store - see this thread for a comparison:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...pair-only-warranty-no-refund-no-exchange.html"

we've also heard enough automotive repair horror stories to tell all our friends to stay away

"Friends Don't Let Friends Visit Canadian Tire"

LOL....pretty soon Faker Advocate loser won't be able to shop anywhere.

Check out the other 600 sucks.com sites.

His story changes by the day under scrutiny of all his lies.

All I can hope is that he actually gets a friend.....sad.

CT Challenger

I've noticed a concerning trend.

The stale old lies of the fake rep isn't bringing in the number of views it used to.

Sure, the Simoniz thread is a long-time favourite among consumers. We all seem eager to read about the pit-falls of shopping at Crappy Tire, so an average of about 400 views happen every week.

But the lack of content by the rep just isn't the big crowd-pleaser it used to be.

Maybe instead of insults and the same old lies, he/she could post something with a little more crowd-appeal?

After all, no site traffic = no ad revenue. Ditto for "donate" clicks - not going to happen without some kind of lustre.

If he/she is only interested in making the real rep's look bad, this just isn't going to cut it, either. Hardly worth their notice.

For instance, vague claims like, "his story changes", without any specifics or hard evidence, just won't draw in the audience.

No, sheer volume won't help us 'make the quarter', LOL. We need quality, not just quantity!

Guest-0394

So, not to blow the trumpet of CT, cause usually their return policy does suck nuts, but two weeks ago, I stupidly bought the Simoniz 1800. Same story as most people, after about 15 minutes, the handle started leaking. I THEN did my research online to discover how crappy a system it is. I had purchased it based on my Father In Laws experience with one, which was amazing.
In any case, two weeks and one use after buying the thing, it started to pack it in. I went right up to CT and asked to speak to the manager. I already suspected that I was not going to be able to return, or exchange it at all, but thought I would try. I only brought my receipt with me, because I didnt want to pack the whole thing up only to be told I wasted my time. I talked to the manager for about 5 minutes and he allowed me to do an exchange on the unit for a different make and model entirely. I told him thanks and that I would be back in the next day.
I went in at lunch today and was told by all the "ever so helpful" clerks that an exchange was out of the question as it was clearly marked repair only on the receipt.
Long story short, they ended up calling the manager, who was off duty by now to confirm that I could exchange it. I exchanged it for the the Coleman 1900 Pressure Washer......and guess what? It does NOT say that I cannot return it.
Looks like CT will back Coleman, but not their much advertised Simoniz.....

Guest-0487

A buddy of mine and I each bought Simonz pressure washers.
We have the same problem as most of the stories in this thread... Leaking guns, and thus no pressure.

I took mine apart to see if I could figure out what was wrong, and found a plastic tube that split open.
This is two pieces plastic glued together... Obviously a design flaw as it cannot sustain the pressure
coming out of the little compressor.

Sure, if you leave you unit outside and the tubes are full or water, it would crack... but I kept mine in the basement
and it still split open.

I agree, Simonz is crap, simply because they obviously must know about this flaw and are doing nothing to correct it.

As for CT, our local store is usually good about taking back merchandise, the only logical explamation for the no return policy where you are, is that they got so many returns, they decided to push the issue back to the customer...
These stores are individually owned, so the only practital solution, although frustrating, is what our friend did and embarrass them until they cave...

Power to the people...

Cheers

Guest-0477

… usually their return policy does suck nuts … Same story as most people, after about 15 minutes, the handle started leaking. I THEN did my research online to discover how crappy a system it is. … two weeks and one use after buying the thing, it started to pack it in. … I only brought my receipt with me, because I didnt want to pack the whole thing up only to be told I wasted my time. …. the manager … allowed me to do an exchange on the unit for a different make and model entirely. … I went in at lunch today and was told by all the "ever so helpful" clerks that an exchange was out of the question as it was clearly marked repair only on the receipt. … I exchanged it for the the Coleman 1900 Pressure Washer......and guess what? It does NOT say that I cannot return it.
Looks like CT will back Coleman, but not their much advertised Simoniz.....

Thanks for sharing your experience with this forum - sound like the Simoniz Scam lives on!

It looks like you bought the Simoniz 1800 electric, #39-8561-6 for $249.00, but were able to exchange it for a Coleman 1900 PSI electric that also goes for $249.99. Same price, 100 PSI more, a better make, and a better refund policy - Good upgrade!

I see the CT site says this for the Coleman warranty: “This product carries a special warranty”. So, again, ‘buyer beware” and check with the store before you buy - no other way to know what the return policy is.

(See the handy 17-step “Easy Return” process, here: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/personal-stories/32-return-policy-8.html#post3806)

For comparison, Costco has a Karcher 1800 PSI electric model for only $199.00 – that’s $50 less than Crappy Tire – put the savings into a membership, and save money all year long, and as a bonus get the option of a full refund for 1 year if you are not satisfied (even if it's been used - that really ticks off the CT people!).

Don’t like the membership idea? How about Home Depot? They’ve got to a Stanley 1800 for $199.99 - still $50 less than CT. Not satisified with it? Return it for a full refund, and make the CT'ers mad!

It seems to me like there are some valuable “Lessons Learned”:

- Don’t buy from CT unless you are positive it doesn’t have the “repair only” policy (i.e, no refund, no exchange), and especially not the “no return, no exchange, no repair” policy (i.e., “no warranty”).

- Never buy the ‘el-cheapo’ CT house brands, like Jobmate, Yardworks and Simoniz. In fact, you can sometimes get more for the same money, at the same CT store. But not as much as you can get at their competitors!

- Don’t count on CT to ever ‘bend the rules’ and give you a refund, even if they promise to do it the next day. Buy anywhere else!

Oh, and before I forget: you might want to check out this thread, for information on your rights to refunds for defective products - could apply in your case, if the store won't give a refund or exchange:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...aints-chat/707-sale-goods-act-6.html#post3613

Congrat's on your exchange of a "repair only" product!

Angry CT Guy

Thanks for sharing your experience with this forum - sound like the Simoniz Scam lives on!

It looks like you bought the Simoniz 1800 electric, #39-8561-6 for $249.00, but were able to exchange it for a Coleman 1900 PSI electric that also goes for $249.99. Same price, 100 PSI more, a better make, and a better refund policy - Good upgrade!

I see the CT site says this for the Coleman warranty: “This product carries a special warranty”. So, again, ‘buyer beware” and check with the store before you buy - no other way to know what the return policy is.

(See the handy 17-step “Easy Return” process, here: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/personal-stories/32-return-policy-8.html#post3806)

For comparison, Costco has a Karcher 1800 PSI electric model for only $199.00 – that’s $50 less than Crappy Tire – put the savings into a membership, and save money all year long, and as a bonus get the option of a full refund for 1 year if you are not satisfied (even if it's been used - that really ticks off the CT people!).

Don’t like the membership idea? How about Home Depot? They’ve got to a Stanley 1800 for $199.99 - still $50 less than CT. Not satisified with it? Return it for a full refund, and make the CT'ers mad!

It seems to me like there are some valuable “Lessons Learned”:

- Don’t buy from CT unless you are positive it doesn’t have the “repair only” policy (i.e, no refund, no exchange), and especially not the “no return, no exchange, no repair” policy (i.e., “no warranty”).

- Never buy the ‘el-cheapo’ CT house brands, like Jobmate, Yardworks and Simoniz. In fact, you can sometimes get more for the same money, at the same CT store. But not as much as you can get at their competitors!

- Don’t count on CT to ever ‘bend the rules’ and give you a refund, even if they promise to do it the next day. Buy anywhere else!

Oh, and before I forget: you might want to check out this thread, for information on your rights to refunds for defective products - could apply in your case, if the store won't give a refund or exchange:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...aints-chat/707-sale-goods-act-6.html#post3613

Congrat's on your exchange of a "repair only" product!

LOL...I wonder why CT sells more pressure washers than any other retailer.....including simoniz, karcher, and the new Coleman. And you should have checked the flyer.....would put the other retailers to shame on the price of the Karcher, without a membership fee.
Better get facts straight on warranty as well, but of course you speak without knowledge yet again...tsk, tsk, faker advocate.....you get called on your lies each and every day.

CT Challenger

It looks like you bought the Simoniz 1800 electric, #39-8561-6 for $249.00, but were able to exchange it for a Coleman 1900 PSI electric that also goes for $249.99.

Just to clarify:

- Despite some vague accusations, no incorrect information was contained in the above post.

- The information presented on the return policies of the above products were confirmed via the web site, by inferring the policy from the warranty statement (yet another hoop that CT makes you just through).

- Information on the Simoniz 1800 electric can be found here: Simoniz 1800 PSI Electric Pressure Washer | Canadian Tire. Note: "Repair Only".

- The Karcher 1800 from CT was not discussed by the original poster.

- For CT's details on the Karcher 1800, see: Karcher X-Series 1800 Electric Pressure Washer | Canadian Tire. Note the price: $249.99.

- No information has been presented on this thread regarding any sale prices on the Karcher 1800 at CT, so any claims regarding these prices should be viewed with suspicon. Regardless, any sale price that may have existed was not available to the original poster, and is not available to customers now.

- The CT site has no details on the return policy of the Karcher 1800.

- For details on a Karcher 1800 from Costco for $199.99 (less than the price at CT), see here: Costco - Kärcher 1800 PSI Electric Pressure Washer

- Canadian Tire has a policy against providing refunds (or sometimes even exchanges) for defective pressure washers, but other major retailers have a policy to provide refunds.

- Canadian Tire has a policy against providing refunds when a customer is not happy after trying out a product, but other major retailers have a policy to provide refunds.

- For these reasons, and many others, it is best to avoid CT.

Why do those who claim to represent CT post so much misinformation and so many lies here?

Angry CT Guy

Just to clarify:

- Despite some vague accusations, no incorrect information was contained in the above post.

- The information presented on the return policies of the above products were confirmed via the web site, by inferring the policy from the warranty statement (yet another hoop that CT makes you just through).

- Information on the Simoniz 1800 electric can be found here: Simoniz 1800 PSI Electric Pressure Washer | Canadian Tire. Note: "Repair Only".

- The Karcher 1800 from CT was not discussed by the original poster.

- For CT's details on the Karcher 1800, see: Karcher X-Series 1800 Electric Pressure Washer | Canadian Tire. Note the price: $249.99.

- No information has been presented on this thread regarding any sale prices on the Karcher 1800 at CT, so any claims regarding these prices should be viewed with suspicon. Regardless, any sale price that may have existed was not available to the original poster, and is not available to customers now.

- The CT site has no details on the return policy of the Karcher 1800.

- For details on a Karcher 1800 from Costco for $199.99 (less than the price at CT), see here: Costco - Kärcher 1800 PSI Electric Pressure Washer

- Canadian Tire has a policy against providing refunds (or sometimes even exchanges) for defective pressure washers, but other major retailers have a policy to provide refunds.

- Canadian Tire has a policy against providing refunds when a customer is not happy after trying out a product, but other major retailers have a policy to provide refunds.

- For these reasons, and many others, it is best to avoid CT.

Why do those who claim to represent CT post so much misinformation and so many lies here?

Really? I'm interested in what retailers have a policy that allows a return after the customer has tried it out and doesn't like it? Which retailers have this policy?

CTH8R

you don't sound interested

you just sound like a typical lazy ct rep

maybe spend the 1 minute to find the answers that are already posted on this web site

Angry CT Guy

you don't sound interested

you just sound like a typical lazy ct rep

maybe spend the 1 minute to find the answers that are already posted on this web site

Try to keep up with those that have more intelligence than you. That was another rhetorical question to call you on your lies, each and every day. Boy, are you dumb....never ceases to amaze me....LOL

CT Challenger

Try to keep up with those that have more intelligence than you. That was another rhetorical question to call you on your lies, each and every day. Boy, are you dumb....never ceases to amaze me....LOL

don't forget to check out all the other store's policies, and how they let consumers return products they aren't happy with

kind of a new paradigm to the self-appointed ct reps who dont want to admit how much canadian tire sucks

have fun learning what customers service is all about

CT Me / Lawguy

don't forget to check out all the other store's policies, and how they let consumers return products they aren't happy with

kind of a new paradigm to the self-appointed ct reps who dont want to admit how much canadian tire sucks

What's this "self appointed" crap that keeps coming up? I don't need your approval to represent Canadian Tire, my name is on the front door of the store.... that's as appointed as it gets my friend.

Admit Canadian Tire sucks? i will not admit YOUR version of what you consider to be the truth. Your opinion is that Canadian Tire sucks. On a shitty weather afternoon with still a few hours open over 500 customers have spent money here, and spent on average of a few pennies under $59.00. You know what that tells me? in this small Canadian community, where customers can choose Home Hardware & Walmart or make a quick drive to the next locale and have Home Depot, Rona etc.... as well as a half dozen other smaller retailers, they came here. So what does that mean.... that means that my approval comes from our customers who have other options, and choose us as their prime choice....over and over and over again.

I appoint myself the owner of a valuable resource to this community, and the community gave me their supporting vote.
So put that in your Walmart pipe and smoke it!

Angry CT Guy

I'll jump in on that....looks like I'll best last years day with over $35000.00 in sales today. Probably will be over 800 customers....not sure, I left at 1:00. Did about 40 returns this morning....all but one was A-OK with the customer. One guy thought that a lifetime warranty meant you only had to buy one for the rest of your life. Had a torque wrench for 6 years and the thing looks like it was WELL used. Couldn't give him a free one....normal wear and tear isn't covered....wasn't a happy guy.....never shopping here again....blah, blah, blah.
So started wondering ......1 guy, 800 customers.....the percentage seemed pretty low....kinda like views to this site and actual total CT visits....microscopic in comparison.

CT Me / Lawguy

Alberta

So..... I lost track of which thread was covering which topic. Previously there was some discussion around showing a drivers license to verify a return or a credit card purchase at a Canadian Tire store. The concern about protecting your privacy and that CT clerks were going to steal your information and use it for fraud.
Check out this little article in regards to Leons

You might note specifically the sentence referring to major information breaches at Winners, Sony, Epsilon and Honda. Check out the absence of a name....Canadian Tire. So depsite your accusations, AGAIN look what's happenign with other companies and not at CT.

Your information is safe.... or is it?

Sony? Technology giant Sony fucked up and lost millions of customers sensitive data.
Do you REALLY know what's going on in the retailing/selling world or just that you assume CT does it all wrong?

You don't know, clearly

CT Challenger

If even some of the fantastic yards spread by the self-appointed CT rep were true, we wouldn't be hearing from them at all.

No, there would be no valid reason for them to post here at all, if the following were actually true:

- If the stores really didn't lose any money by giving refunds for defective goods.
- If the law professors, law students, and the many consumer rights experts are all wrong.
- If consumers really aren't entitled to a refund for a defective product.
- If no other retailers (like Costco, Walmart or Home Depot) were giving refunds for defective goods.
- If only a tiny, insignficant number of people read this web site.

But do consumers hear silence from the self-appointed CT rep?

Do we see any credible evidence presented to support any of those claims?

No, we do not.

Instead, what do consumers see?

- Post after disgusting post, making it look like CT owners are motivated mainly by greed.
- Denial after denial about Crappy Tire's own policies.
- Lie after lie about the rights of consumers.
- Denail after denial of other retailer's superior policies.
- Lie after lie about what consumers have written here.
- Ridiculous posts on crazy topics like unions, "sucks.com" sites and donate buttons.
- Day after day of insulting posts about consumers who share information with other consumers on a pro-consumer site.

What impression does this create?

How are consumers to interpret the motivations of the self-appointed CT representative?

Frankly, it's hard not to see this as efforts to protect a profitable "Simoniz Scam".

An apparent scam that has been expanded to include a host of other "repair only" products.

And now to an untold number of products with the "No Warranty" warranty.

Products even CT staff tell us not to buy.

Not very convincing to consumers, self-appointed CT rep.

Not very convincing at all.

CT Me / Lawguy

If even some of the fantastic yards spread by the self-appointed CT rep were true, we wouldn't be hearing from them at all.

No, there would be no valid reason for them to post here at all, if the following were actually true:

- If the stores really didn't lose any money by giving refunds for defective goods.
- If the law professors, law students, and the many consumer rights experts are all wrong.
- If consumers really aren't entitled to a refund for a defective product.
- If no other retailers (like Costco, Walmart or Home Depot) were giving refunds for defective goods.
- If only a tiny, insignficant number of people read this web site.

But do consumers hear silence from the self-appointed CT rep?

Do we see any credible evidence presented to support any of those claims?

No, we do not.

Instead, what do consumers see?

- Post after disgusting post, making it look like CT owners are motivated mainly by greed.
- Denial after denial about Crappy Tire's own policies.
- Lie after lie about the rights of consumers.
- Denail after denial of other retailer's superior policies.
- Lie after lie about what consumers have written here.
- Ridiculous posts on crazy topics like unions, "sucks.com" sites and donate buttons.
- Day after day of insulting posts about consumers who share information with other consumers on a pro-consumer site.

What impression does this create?

How are consumers to interpret the motivations of the self-appointed CT representative?

Frankly, it's hard not to see this as efforts to protect a profitable "Simoniz Scam".

An apparent scam that has been expanded to include a host of other "repair only" products.

And now to an untold number of products with the "No Warranty" warranty.

Products even CT staff tell us not to buy.

Not very convincing to consumers, self-appointed CT rep.

Not very convincing at all.

Okay Mr. Convincing lets check these off starting at number 1 on your list. Since you're the expert, you answer the questions as i pose them.

Losing money on a defective item return. Tell me how are defective returns processed and paid for (or not) between the store, the corporation and the vendor of the product? who pays who and./or who gets the defective product? Who loses, who pays?

Begin

Guest-0489

it’s always entertaining when the self-appointed ct rep starts treating this like some kind of help line

as if they can pose questions on this site, and ordinary consumers are supposed to come up with answers

lately there have been a lot of requests for consumers to do their research for them

i guess it's because the self-appointed ct rep can't do any effective research on their own

if they were the experts they claim to be, they should know the answers already

and just go ahead and post the information

but all we get are the same tired links to sites with incomplete or outdated information

or zillions of links to manufacturer's warranties - lol

i suppose we'll have to spend the next couple months scrolling past all the reminders from the self-appointed ct rep

reminders about their information requests that remain unfulfilled - lol

hey - lets check out there list of unanswered questions

what's that - only 86 views?

i guess nobody is really interested in the answers - just this one self-appointed rep

pretty pathetic when you think about it

luckily consumers already have all the information they really need