CTH8R

Andrew B.: There should be a "Dislike" button for Canadian Tire. They just cancelled my credit card without even telling me! I never ever owed them a dime either! I just went to use it at a grocery store this evening when it was denied!!!

CTH8R

Responses to the spam for a 'review and win' contest:

Dylan W.: Recently purchased a Mastercraft Digital Caliper. I had wanted one and only chose this because it was on clearance.
Highly disappointed...
My item was never accurate, build quality was sub-par at best and the item was returned within hours for a refund.

Joey R.: Called the parts department for brakes on my truck and the parts person couldn't figure out how to use the system properly. Was not happy went else where for parts. I would of spent around 400$ for brakes all around.

David B.B.: Bought two keys. They didn't work. Returned. Two new keys. Still no dice. Went to home hardware, got two keys, worked better than the Original

Joanne C.: we went to okotoks ct for a few things but they never have what we want asked them to check calgary to see if they had one they gave me the phone number and told me to phone my self

David B. Terrible customer service "F"

Bonnie K.: Oh, Terry. You're not alone. I've been laughing hysterically this evening as I've been reading the comments about poor customer service. So many of them!!! The social media team just hid all of them a short while ago, but that's okay. I've screen captured them for a friend in social media to blog about. Talk about a mismanaged contest.

Terry B.: I beg to differ but your customer service SUCKS!

Rob G.: One time I was going to buy an inspection camera, I asked where they were and was told aisle nine........there was no aisle nine........That's 20 minutes I'll never get back

Anastassia B.: Worst umbrella I ever bought. this specific umbrella keeps locking up and having issues

Craig B.: The customer service in the Penticton, BC store was absolutely deplorable until last year. I think management get the message because the customer service is top notch now. It was so bad I hated going in.

Delano S.: There is one sales person in the Red Deer parts dept that gave me faith again in Canadian Tires automotive department. He knew what he was talking about. I ordered my fuel pump because of him. Also wanted to get my battery tested. He said he could have the part the next day as I needed it to travel back home. Next day showed up to pick it up he was not working. Instead I got greeted by some snotty young woman had no idea about my part. Looked for 10 mins to find my battery that I had left to get tested. When she finally found it, I asked if it held a charge? I got a snotty reply of "well I dont know" Never again I will pay more for real service.

Melanie N.K.: They never seem to have their sale items in stock at our location. Went in this past weekend for a patio set and was told they didn't have it so we got a rain check which means we'll have to wait about 2 weeks.... Summer is here like right now and my patio is bare! We did walk out spending our cash ($$$$) on a lazy boy lawn chair in the hopes we'll get other items that will match it nicely.
I hope they come through!!!

Jackie J.: I cringe every time I have to find someone to assist me!!! They are like rare gems... Not easy to find.

Last edited:

CTH8R

Sarah E.: Just bought a Coleman BBQ, most of the bolts were missing and had two of the same door in the box, ,after three hours putting it together wasn't impressed at all all the parts were not there!

Lorraine E.: Canadian tire does t stand by there products.....worst return policy....

CTH8R

Jennifer C.C.: I will not shop Canadian tire. Three times in the last few months ive been there and each time was a horrible customer service experience. third time is a charm canadian tire....i wont shop there anymore. First time an employee went in the back room to get me an item not restocked on the shelf....he never returned...I ended up leaving. Another time I went to purchase skates for my son...the employee in the sports aisle gave me the wrong size (apparently skate sizing is different than regular shoes) I prob could have looked no problem my self, but the state of the skate display was such that I didnt know what brand was what price, sizes were everywhere, etc. I didn't look at the box until I got home and it clearly states on the box the various equivalencies to get the right size....had to go back to the store, which is approx. 30 km from my home. when I brought them to the service counter I went to go pick out the correct size. Mentioned to the lady on the service counter that I thought if an employee was working in a dedicated sports section he should at least be 'trained' to properly advise the customer. she shrugged and rung through the exchange.....no more to it then that. Third time I went in to pick up bar stools I seen in the flyer...wanted to purchase 4, had my 2 yr old with me, had to search for an employee to help, and every one I found said, well i don't work in that area...looked around a little uncomfortably to see if they could see anyone, and them gave me a physical description of the person who DID work that area so that I could continue my search on my own with a now very cranky 2 yr old. thanks Canadian tire....i wont go back.

CTH8R

It might be time to start a "Canadian Tire Sucks at Auto Parts" thread:

Joey R.: Called the parts department for brakes on my truck and the parts person couldn't figure out how to use the system properly. Was not happy went else where for parts. I would of spent around 400$ for brakes all around.

CTH8R

Rob O.: I also had to return a product I had to stand in line for 1/2hr with only one person in front of me. And 4 people behind the customer service desk and only the one who had no clue what she was doing was actually doing anything. The other three were just talking to each other. When she had to call a manager for help the other three ran off in to the store.

CTH8R

Eric O.B.: Baught a shed on special for 349.99$. Couldnt take it right away cause i didnt have my trailer. Canadian tire said they would keep it for me. Went back 3 weeks later they only had 2 left and they were broken. I had to fight to get a refund and they didnt even offer me a free delivery or nothing. Never buying anything ever again from canadian tire "lasalle montreal". Thats my review.

CTH8R

Mandy Q.: Even if I won this $5000 shopping spree, I wouldn't use it for anything other then a coaster on my coffee table. The worst customer service, awful reputation, horrible products and they don't honor any of their warranties they boast about. All in all, a disgrace for a company!

CTH8R

Roman B.: Went into a Canadian Tire to buy a cheap charcoal barbecue. Checked out the floor models, picked the one I liked, asked for help to find a boxed item. Oops, they weren't in stock. Okay, no problem, I'll take the display item, after all it has a price tag on it. Oops, can't have it. Why? Because "we'lll need to assemble one once again, so can't have it unless you pay $50 surcharge for assembly". (Mind you it was a cheap $90 hibachi that probably takes 3 minutes to asemble). Okay, can I speak to the manager? Oops, can't, there isn't one at the store at this time. Oh yeah? A store the caliber of a Canadian Tire is left run by associates who are unable to deal with customer concerns? Well, you know what? I'm glad Target is now here. I'm pretty sure our US cousins know a thing or two better than us canucks how to conduct a business a take care of their customers.

CTH8R

Debbie M.: Wow CT not getting very good reviews. Not good and just last night I was in Canadian Tire with my daughter to buy a baseball helmet. Finally found a clerk and she was busy visiting with someone and just gave me a look. When she finally came to help it was like we were imposing and was rude. Not impressed one little bit.

CTH8R

Dave S.: I bought an electric fireplace from Canadian tire, 2 months later the switch broke. I bought a dehumidifier from there to, lasted 4 months. I don't plan on buying anything from there ever again. Unless its a gift for someone I don't like.

CTH8R

Marita S.: Seems Ct is getting lots of complaints. Every time I buy something there one of the parts are always missing, that means they re-sell things that customers bring back. Now, I won't buy anything that has tape on the box.

CTH8R

Ct sucks at parts:

Karen L-S: Right on guy's, i have my own complaint's but whats the use. Mine was that they were very rude not 2 mention predjudice. I was the 1st aboriginal n line n served last after 3 other people. I could of n should of left but that was the only 1 for mile's. Had 2 get mobile 4 a 2 day trip home n they gave me the wrong part. Had 2 go all the way back n same thing over. U guy's r pityful CT.All the compliments r coming 4 there own staff lol....booo

Karen L-S: Dont bother ,nothing will ever change il tell you that. I wont b going back either. Il go somewhere else.

CTH8R

Nancy Y.: Bought last Aug. a power washer for $$367, used it twice last year. This year the hose burst ... Bought a new one because it is not under the warranty!!! Tried to use it last week, it starts and shuts off in seconds. I have to take it to get checked for repair but it will cost me $25 !!! Extremely bad customer service.

CTH8R

Imad A.B.: I hate your customer service desk , employees not friendly and treat u bad if they feel u want to refund ....

CTH8R

Tea R.: I try to avoid this store : 1) was accused of presenting a fake bill for a return. 2) oil cap left off after oil change. 3) tried garage again after several years; caught them closing the hood with oil cap left off again! 4) garage left wheel bolts loose on hubby's car after tire change. 5) rainchecks are bogus! - never restock items/let u know if or when they are in (months pass). 6) location near me seems ti have a 'service in French only' policy... Very disrespectful overall.

CTH8R

Corey M.: They ask you to contact customer service but it's pointless... Just don't any big purchases there.. I have talked to them in all different aspects and they don't help, all they do is tell you why they can't help you and how 'it's their policy'. I'm still waiting on them to contact me back over 2 weeks now.

CTH8R

Corey M.: They must have an automated message that sends out these 'customer care' messages because I have wrote them and heard nothing back, I have spoke to them and haven't had any satisfaction. The remedy to our problems they will not provide.. I have come to the conclusion to not buy anything over 10 dollars from them because once it leaves the stores it's yours and there is absolutely nothing they will do for you. As one of the biggest Canadian providers for household items, sporting good and car maintenance/ care, they have neglected us as a consumer. Once they have your money you are not getting it back.. Which is such a shame. If you don't do a good job or the products we buy from you don't work as advertised or just plain work in general.. Provide us with a solution to situations out of our hands. Hold some responsibility for your products and take pride in having the name 'Canadian' branded into your name.
We blindly trust you with confidence and faith that something we buy will work properly.. If it doesn't.. Don't provide us with no solution because your trust is leaving individual after individual, Canadian after Canadian.
Have BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE and CHANGE YOUR POLICIES.. You owe it to yourselves, your customers and Canadians as a whole. Represent us well and stay alive in the market .. Give your CS department a shake up and change the way you do things

CTH8R

Mitch H.: It seems Canadian tire should not advertise on a site where people can comment. More bad than good. I shop there and I've had to take back a lot of stuff as parts were missing or it did not function.