CTH8R

Debbie M.: Wow CT not getting very good reviews. Not good and just last night I was in Canadian Tire with my daughter to buy a baseball helmet. Finally found a clerk and she was busy visiting with someone and just gave me a look. When she finally came to help it was like we were imposing and was rude. Not impressed one little bit.

CTH8R

I'll have to start that 'sucks at auto parts' thread soon:

Danielle B.: In Embrun, ON, the auto parts section really sucks! You call to make sure they have the part you need and when you go, there was a mistake made and they don't have the part! Popcorn store is what some people call it!

CTH8R

Jason T.G.: Dear Canadian Tire, Please get real management in your Duncan B.C. store. They have a problem with belittling customers and driving them elsewhere after being lifelong shoppers

CTH8R

Robyn C.: The Bridgewater store here in Nova Scotia could use a new manger I don't know why they brought him back.....

CTH8R

Sandra W.: The leamington ontario store sucks . Staff are not nice and nowhere to be found. When u do it attitude. never have anything in stock .

CTH8R

Hmmmm ... even coffee makers are now Non-Returnable, if you buy them from Crappy Tire:

Sean A.: I bought a coffee maker at Canadian Tire paid around 80 dollars plus tax. Had it maybe 2 weeks used it once a day with the exception a few days I didn't use it at all. About 2 weeks later it stopped working, I checked to see if it got clogged up but it wasn't. Took it back and got told they can't refund or exchange it because it has been used and it was like 1 or 2 days after the return time was up and told I had to contact the manufacturer which I did but it would have cost me more to ship it and get it repaired than to buy another one. So never again will I shop at CT.

CTH8R

I suspect the only thing left for Tracylynn to say is, "I'll never shop there again":

Tracylynn A.: I totally agree with you on the Battery issue, I to was ripped off and will never ever bye another one from them, I also had a problem with one of my tires. service Manager told me to,go to HELL.

Tracylynn A.: The Canadian Tire store in Hanover Ontario, has the ruddiest staff. It took me 55 minutes to purchase an item, they'd push me off to one person and then another, finally by the end I seen 7 staff members that had attitudes like rattle snakes, and the worst part they were not students they were adults. Needless to say I left my item there and went to RONA and paid 13.46 less. With pleasant staff. And as for the Garden staff they do not know a tulip from a poppy.

1wildhorse

thing is,while people still allow their crappy attitude and policies,and dont take this stuff thru the courts,they have absolutely no reason to change.if the people actually rose against the corporate bullshit and challenged it,then things would change.it is our responsibility collectively to make this happen.instead of moaning about it on a forum,DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT as i have done.if anyone needs some advice ill be happy to share my personal experiences of a successful prosecution against these people.

CTH8R

Jill M.B.: My husband had a very frustrating visit to Cdn Tire on Sat. ABSOLUTELY terrible customer service. Trying to get a propane tank filled and wanted to get a deck box..... waited and waited for both...finally left. Pretty typical for the Owen Sound store.

Karen A.T.: Crappy service, never any staff on the floor when you need help, never get called back for the raincheck they issued me, prices are ridiculously high for some items, oh i could go on for days... Improvements are needed. Nough said!

CTH8R

Lorraine W.: I always feel uncomfortable with returns at CT, they always challenge you and make you feel bad. If I buy an item that has any chance of being returned, I buy it elsewhere.

CTH8R

Anne A.D.: I'd like to comment about the lack of English service in Montreal. Some stores have totally french staff that look at you like you are a foreigner when you ask a question. I had the experience at the Verdun store, of attempting to speak to two young staff in my broken french, and they mocked me and laughed. I rarely go back there anymore.
of being returned, I buy it elsewhere.

CTH8R

Granny H.: I'd much prefer to review the customer service. Nothing is more frustrating than trying to purchase a specific (and common) item from automotive and not only having the staff not know what or where it is, but just shrugging and walking away. Sigh.

CTH8R

Lorie C.: I am sorry,but your service sucks!!!!! If you ask someone for help(that's if you can ever find someone)they usually NEVER know,and usually just walk away rolling their eyes. Obviously,BAD employee morale or you just hire dicks!!!! I guess that means I don't have a chance at winning the gift card????

CTH8R

Isabella W.: You say costumer service is important but it is not very good in Calgary stores you can never find anyone to help you find an item this item I have looked for it on your sales but always out of stock with a lot of items in flyer I would love to win the shopping spree could use it. I use to love shopping at CT but don't go there much anymore but you could always try to change my mind and show that your customers are importanted

CTH8R

Karen B.: I actually hate the Canadian Tire in my area. It is the Owen Sound store. I don't like being treated like a dumb female especially when I know exactly what I need. The last time I was in that store, I needed a replacement amber light for my van. I had changed it before so I knew which one I needed. They are behind the counter so I had to ask for it. I was told to wait. The salesman served all the other male customers first, including new ones that came in. When they were gone he asked me the make and year of my van. He then told me which light I needed. I told him it was the same one I asked him for over half an hour before that. He said it is Canadian Tire policy to check these things for female customers.

Karen B.: I contacted Customer Service at the time and was told someone would get in touch with me in about a week after they checked with the store manager. I left it for a few months with no reply so I cancelled my Canadian Tire credit card. That's when I finally heard back. Too bad that's how far I had to go to get a reply. Do you know what's really bad? The rest of my family that live in this area have also stopped going to that store. The latest one was just last week. My brother was looking for some information about the new battery lawn mower that just came out. Customer service called the sales person form that department to talk to him. She said she couldn't answer any questions about it because she didn't know anything about lawn mowers. He finally got one at a Canadian Tire store 2 1/2 hours from home and I have to admit, it's a great machine. I'd like to get one but it would mean having to shop at a Canadian Tire store. I'll be getting another gas lawn mower from Walmart instead.

CTH8R

Suzana M.: You can't find anything you are looking for. No staff available to help you EVER. The worst customer service in Canada. Neither this site working, I was wandering how you still could exist.

CTH8R

Tina T.: What is it going to change? Another complete waste of time! I would be ashamed to work for this company. Seriously...accusing me of maybe taking something from the box ????? And do what with those wheels? Put them on my christmas tree? Give me a break! Worse return policy ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never ever buy anything from there!

CTH8R

Hilarious!

Jo-Lyn C.: Here's a thought...if you don't know how to count money or deal with money, perhaps a job as a cashier isn't a good choice for you. I spent 15 minutes convincing the cashier at Canadian Tire that 3 nickels and a dime is worth 25 cents (she counted it as 20 cents...3 times) and that 2 toonies and 2 loonies is $6 (she assured me it was only $5). Then to top things off, she wouldn't accept $6.53 for my purchase of $6.53, because her computer rounded it up to $6.55 and she was adamant that "pennies no longer exist" despite the fact that I had 3 of them in my hand. I should have let it go, but I made her call her supervisor over to teach her how to accept these foreign pieces of currency.

CTH8R

Jenny S.: that's business....they are taught how to screw you...especially women...it's ALL Canadian Tire Auto departments all over the country! I will NEVER deal with the auto part of the store either!

Bill T.: DO NOT X_HOSE buy , the hose will only expand with the valu\ve shut off , assoon as you try to water anything it shrinks back down , I purchased 2 and both valves broke in the first week . i lost my bill so canadian tire would not take them back , even thou canadian tire is the only place the the X-Hose can be purchased in winnipeg . the X-Hose that is ordered online is different , the online hose has metal valves

Bill T.: it is my mission to make a web site to tell the world

CTH8R

Dean sees a little ticked ...

Dean D.: Contact me still heard nothing
You guys have ruined my weekend
Needed to do yard work got a chainsaw broke in 5 min and now I'm being refused a refund after 1 day

Dean D.: And I recommend the rest of you with issues do the same
Don't stop just keep posting dont forget don't let it go
They will eventually do something about it if it makes them look bad enough

Dean D.: Your better off just not using them in my opinion no ones going to help me and I'm stuck with a broken 1 day old 300$ chainsaw so I'm going to get my troll on until something is done about it