CTH8R

Marlene B.:Escalated to a supervisor (sandra). Total time 1 hr 30 min 49 seconds! The sad part of this all is if the person who was supposed to cancel and refund at the call centre (Mark) none of this would be an issue.

CTH8R

Tino L.: You have an inspection camera in your flyer (its this part number) but its physically different and its missing a few attachments that this product shows online. Guess the product was updated but info was not. Not to mention the battery door is defective on the new ones - on mine which I purchased and on a previous review. There is clearly a design flaw. Oh and I've been on hold for 30 minutes to get through customer service. Terrible. Will be returning for sure for a refund unless I can get the item displayed in the link. Page Not Found...

T.: L.: Good lord LOL - ya thats .not a good experience for you Well I just got off the phone with support (after 55 minutes of waiting) and explained the situation. I grabbed a case# and everything so I dont think I'll have issues returning it. If I do, then it will be Lowes and Home Depot for all my hardware without fail.

CTH8R

Gordon G.: Their ad shows pics of two different models... LOL! They still make $ at "65% off".. I had a similar conundrum and was told to, "enjoy my purchase and leave the store" - or to, "return the item and THEN leave the store"... Super unpleasant experience in front of my kids

CTH8R

Nicholas R.: I was glad to get some great deals at CT Richmond Hill this morning. HOWEVER, the lady at the cash .. was on the verge of a nervous breakdown. There was a huge volume of customers and she was clearly insufficiently trained...she should have been allowed to start on a much quieter day. I think it was pretty unfair to the employee in question and your customers.

CTH8R

Indeed, the whole “Red Thursday” thingy hasn't been going too smoothly, if Crappy Tire’s most-recent Facebook entries are any indication. Here are some more:

Liz B Generally I hate complaining about anything but my friend is having the worst experience with Marks Work Warehouse. She ordered something online 4 weeks ago and it has not been delivered. She was billed right away but didn't receive anything and the worst part is it was a gift for her brother's Bday which has now passed. I had to vent because this is disgusting. I can't find a page for Marks but since Canadian Tire owns them I thought they should know the type of company they purchased. Disgusting customer service.

Linda Q.: I was advised on Tuesday to contact customer service about a problem I had with a leaf vacuum. I had already sent an email to them on Monday morning, however I sent another one on Tuesday. I have yet to get a response, although I was assured twice that my feedback is important and they are working diligently to assist me.

Marlene B.: Ordered something on line then cancelled within an hour. Customer Service advised I would receive my credit via my credit card last Monday and it is still not received. Today I called to see what the problem was and I am on hold, listening to terrible music for 1 hour and 1 minute and still holding!!! Bad customer service all around!

Katelyn B.: how long is your wait time for your service line....weve been waiting over half an hour because a snowblower we JUST bought in october and have never used will not work...

Dani P.: Sad to say that the customer service today was lacking! I left without 2 things I had gone for - whatever happened to customer service?

Kris M.: Dani, you have no idea. I called into Customer Service to claim a warranty on a faulty product, and was on hold for 40 minutes before I gave up. I then called the store where I purchased the product, was on hold for over 5 minutes, only to hear the person pick up the phone and hang it back down, disconnecting me. I called back, and when I finally got to speak to someone, she told me that she couldn't process my warranty until next Tuesday as "they're having a big sale", and told me to e-mail my receipt and photos of the damaged product to her PERSONAL hotmail address. WTF Canadian Tire? You're having a sale and are so busy making money, that you don't have time for your existing customers? Very disappointed here.

Dani P.: Me too!!!! They used to be my favourite store to go to - but it seems as they just don't care anymore! A lady and I were looking for something when I first got to the store, she asked someone for help so I figured I would wait with her, he never came back to us. I found him 20 minutes later "hiding" at the back of the store gossiping with another employee. And yes they were too busy talking about the horrible hours they had to work this sale weekend!!! I am beyond done with them! Nothing will get me back in that store. I am sorry that you had to deal with that too! Personal email. Nice job Canadian Tire

Fran H.: Home Depot, wal Mart and target have better deals...Cdn tire jacks up their prices to show big savings

Rosanne L.: Not too pleased today. Ran around to find the Seiki 32 inch TVs on sale for $189. Bought 2 and found out there's a $40 charge per TV for some environment fee. I bought at cdn tire as it was the best price. Nowhere on the flyer ad did it mention this charge. Not so sure I'll keep them now.

CTH8R

Glenn J.: I'm currently in conversation with their email of customer service and either they didn't bother to read it to understand the problem or they're just sending out a scripted reply and don't care.

CTH8R

Linda Q.: I bought a 12a leaf vacuum at CT a week ago. Put it together. Couldn't make it work. Took it back & exchanged it. Put it together. Couldn't make it work. Spent much time on the customer service phone waiting for someone to take my call. Gave up & went back to the store. Spent 15 minutes in the line-up for customer service & then another 10 or so minutes with an employee who was also unable to figure out how to make this vacuum work. Got my money back. Went to Lowes. Not happy.

CTH8R

Andrew J.: I agree i bought a shaver for $40 half price, then i saw the same one everywhere else for $39.99 regular price.

Andrew J.: canadian Tire will only do price guarantee for 10 days?? Most stores are 30!

Andrew J.:WARNING do not buy Noma Christmas lights!!!! They are all garbage and go out after first Christmas used.

Andrew J: The law says you can buy as many as you want if the advertised price is there.

CTH8R

Pippa L.: Soooo I bought two sets of NOMA Christmas lights last year and this year they have both stopped working. Only half of the strands light up. Seriously not impressed. I do not want to have to buy NEW lights again after only one year. Seriously disappointed.

CTH8R

Some stories are long ...

Walter M.: Never Use Pay and Pick Up In Store.....Nov 13th I attempt to contact my local store to order a replacement fob for a Pro Start system, after a long time trying to get assistance the person I spoke to was unable to help. I then contacted the supplier directly- was hung up on 3 times by their voicemail system and an hour later finally spoke to a real person who gave me the part number for the fob.
I went onto the Can Tire site and found my local store showed stock available in store.
We decided to use the new pay and pick up at store program to make it simple. This however was certainly not the case. First we receive a confirmation email, then an email stating that the item could not be picked up until after 6pm, then about an hour later an email stating the item was not available at the store and they would order it in. The new ETA was now Wed Nov 19th. You would think a phone call from the store or CTC customer care might have been more appropriate to see if this was new delivery time was ok with the customer or perhaps a refund if this wasn’t going to work out, but no chance of that happening. Wed Nov 19th comes and goes, no calls, no emails, tried to click on order status but that doesn’t work either. Nov 20th I call customer care, she can’t tell me what’s going on, she calls the store and says that the item is being unloaded and the store will contact us a.s.a.p. once it gas been received…this of course never happens.
Nov 21st I spend 58 minutes on hold waiting for customer care, they try to check the status with no success, they call the store and they are still trying to find our order in the freight, I specifically state the no matter what I want to be contacted at work via email or phone call that day so I know what is going on, the call center lady says yes she is writing that in a note to the store in big letters….this apparently is useless because it never happens. Nov 24th I receive an email stating my new ETA on the item is November 28th-this is only an estimate of course so who knows….this is the sad truth of poor customer service these days, if we ran our businesses or our lives this way we’d all be broke and bankrupt. I have to date spent over 4hours to order a $52.00 item, which if I could buy it anywhere else I would ,but it is exclusive to Canadian Tire so I guess I’m screwed because a multi billion dollar company cannot execute a simple order and follow through.

Last edited:

CTH8R

And some are short ...

Terence H. L.: hate your "my CTM" program, what a terribly executed program

Last edited:

CTH8R

Frank M.: have now gotten to the address aspect of registration and will not give me any drop down options for my Province... so i cant even finish getting online with this MCTM. great idea, too bad its such a pain too register, and navigate any online aspect. dont think im gonna take the time to continue with canadian tire.

CTH8R

Jacquie M.: I too cannot see a private message option or area to post so I too will go about it this way. I detest shopping in store so much, mostly due to terrible service at most outlets so online I went to try that option. After an hour of having issues with adding items to cart on what appears to be the slowest ever website imaginable, it will now not allow me to check out...is there anything at all that you can do to improve customer service and online shopping? Anything? Oh yes I also could not sign in to my account and tried 4 times before that went through. Not at all good enough. In store on Saturday and asked a young rep where the camping stoves were that were in the flyer, of course she did not know and believe it or not suggested I ask someone...bless her heart.

CTH8R

Brandon H.: Apparently Canadian Tire does automated robo-calls now? I just received a robocall on my *workplace* phone from Canadian Tire. I thought initially that this must be a "joe-job", or some company trying to deliberately damage CT's reputation, because marketing robo-calls are so badly received by... everyone.

But no, apparently this Canadian Tire money robocall is a real thing you do? And I'm given no option to make sure it never happens again? When I called your 888-273-3004 number the rep said that someone *else* must have accidentally given my number on their account, authorizing the call? And because of that, I'm not able to de-authorize that, because it's on someone else's account?

You do realize that I don't need an account with you... that I'm legally entitled to tell you "never call this number again" and you are REQUIRED to honor that request, right?

CTH8R

Hilarious !

Leon M.: how do you get hold of the automotive department? I phoned, its been ringing for 13 minutes so far.... The first time it kicked me out after 7 minutes, I just want to know IF my order is ready for pickup. C.T. Winnipeg Vermillion.
Like · Reply · November 17 at 5:23pm

Leon M.: 14 minutes and hung up on.... trying again
Like · Reply · November 17 at 5:25pm

Leon M.: 11 minutes this time before hung up on by the system, if there were only some kind of technology to solve these problems.....
Like · Reply · November 17 at 5:37pm

Leon M.: 16 minutes this time, talked to the automotive guy who asked to put me on hold, which I said yes, put on hold to music (last times it just kept ringing) then kicked out of the system.
Like · Reply · November 17 at 5:57pm

Leon M.: on hold, the music is playing, 38 minutes....
Like · Reply · November 17 at 6:37pm

Leon M.: Weill I have been on hold for 55 minutes, the music is still playing. Maybe...
Like · Reply · November 17 at 6:54pm

Leon M.: This is like Russia and you just have to learn to wait your turn.
Like · Reply · November 17 at 6:54pm

Leon M.: There are no phones there so you cannot possibly get through.
Like · Reply · November 17 at 6:55pm

Leon M.: Only 1 person is handling all the phone traffic on that end and he is on his break.

Leon M.: Everyone called in sick.

Leon M.: They are so busy making money at the checkout, they can't hear the phone.
Like · Reply · November 17 at 6:56pm

Leon M.: There has been a storm and maybe the phone lines are down
Like · Reply · November 17 at 6:56pm

Leon M.: Wait, I'll look outside.
Like · Reply · November 17 at 6:57pm

Leon M.: Nope.
Like · Reply · November 17 at 6:57pm

Leon M.: One hour on hold, my wife phoned the store and got a manager on the line, I talked with her and she is checking on my order, now I am on hold on TWO phones.
Like · Reply · November 17 at 7:02pm

Leon M.: Wish I had a couple more phones.
Like · Reply · November 17 at 7:02pm

Leon M.: If this works, I am gonna buy my wife some flowers.
Like · Reply · November 17 at 7:03pm

Leon M.: So it did work, I am gonna buy her the flowers cuz she read this, my order will be ready in an hour. :) Thanks, C.T.
Like · Reply · November 17 at 7:07pm

CTH8R

Jill Gargus Dear Canadian Tire:
sent today via email
I am writing to you in regards to your commercial about
"staging tricks" that has recently been aired. It is highly offensive
to me and to my industry of home staging professionals, for your
business to publicly insult my profession by implying that we use tricks
to sell houses.
We, in fact, DO
NOT use trickery to sell homes. Professional Stagers are trained to
inform home owners of property defects and aid them in getting all
defects repaired PRIOR to staging a home for sale.
We have extensive questionnaires and checklists we use to implement this process.

We also follow an industry code of ethics as well as want to make sure
that we are not committing any sort of deceit for the sake of our
clients and our own company reputations, not to mention to also protect
the Real Estate Agents we work with.
Our goal is to facilitate a "win win" outcome for the Buyers and Sellers.

We are networked with other contracted professionals such as plumbers
and electricians, and we bring in those industry professionals, to fix
and repair all items requiring attention, so that the seller can list a
home that is well prepared, cleaned, and repaired, netting them the best
price possible. Your commercial suggests that we hide defects and
specifically references to plumbing and electrical issues, which I am
sure our partnered contractors would also find offensive.
This
needs to be corrected. Consider that thousands of Stagers Nationwide,
refer untold numbers of clients every year to do home improvements, we
can direct them to another location such as Home Hardware, Rona or Home
Depot, and they will listen to us.
Your commercial is in poor taste and needs to be pulled ASAP.
Stagers across Canada are posting letters all over social media to draw attention to this:
#CanadianTireStagingFail
#BadMarketing
Hopefully you will pay attention to this.
Thank you,
Jill Gargus CEO, CID
RESA's 2013 Top 10 Professional Home Stager Canada
Simply Irresistible Interiors Inc
Edmonton, AB

CTH8R

Ashley L.W.: Hmm, wondering why you can't write on the page, or even the ability to message the page...
Bought wiper blades last winter, told they were the best for the winters here, and that I couldn't buy better blades.. well, that was a lie . a big waste of money.. Same problem this year.. Never trust Canadian Tire!

CTH8R

Jj G.: Spent $80 at church/yonge store and had to Pay Xtra $4 because I was over the 1 hour limit - most stores want you to stay and spend $$$ but these guys must be making too much, already - Contacted cust service and got the "policy" speech - I'm avoiding this location like the plague and if you care about having where you spend your money appreciated you should, too!!