CTH8R

Ang F.:

The customer service at the Burnaby BC Market Crossing location was the worst service I've seen from a store. How ppl in the service industry can treat a mom with a new born baby that way in inconceivable to me. Our whole family use to be life long customers of Canadian Tire (this included us building houses as well) but since this incident none of us will ever shop there again. I discovered while out with my infant son that my vehicles battery had died and needed not just a boost but a replacement. I got a boost from someone and nervously drove hoping I didn't not stall and attended this Canadian Tire in the hopes that I could buy a battery and have it installed. I was super nervous driving with my infant with this situation bc if we stalled and if we were stranded it was a very hot day and having an infant in these circumstances was not good. When I got to the store I had to leave my vehicle running bc of the dead battery and unfortunately bc it was running my doors would not lock. So I had to leave my running vehicle unoccupied in a busy parking lot all the while hoping it didn't get stolen. I packed up my baby and attended the parts and service area and explained my situation and asked to buy a battery and to have it installed. I was told I could not have it installed bc they were all booked up and too busy today. They said they may be able to squeeze me in at 6pm but they could not guarantee it (it was 1pm and it was a very hot day and I was in the company of my infant and he was extremely fussy). I was taken back by his response to my service request so I explained and pleaded my case again. I said I just discovered that my battery needed replacing while out, I drove straight here, my vehicle is left running unlocked in the lot, I have an infant son, I need my battery replaced so I can take my son home where he can be fed and changed bc he is upset. I asked if there was an emergency battery change fee bc I was willing to pay it. They said no they were too busy. I pleaded and said to change a battery takes less then five minutes isn't there anyway I can be squeezed in I said I'm not asking for a transmission change. I said I just want to safely get home and I was worried if my vehicle stalled what would happen to me and my baby. They replied sorry they had no time. I pleaded one last time and I said if I had tools I would change it myself but I don't think that would be safe or easily done in a busy parking lot with a infant baby in this heat. They said I was welcome to buy some tools then. I asked the customer service agent if he had children and he replied yes then I asked well what am I suppose to do with my infant son for 5 hours in this heat when he's hungry and wet and tired while I wait for you guys to change the battery in my car five hours from now? He then offered to call around to the other Canadian Tires to see if they could fit me in. I said they are all far away and what if my vehicle stalls? At this point I was crying and shaking bc I was so upset and frustrated. I could not believe that these ppl could not see the bigger picture and realize that it was not a huge favour I was asking and I was willing to pay any price they were going to charge me just so I could get safely home. The customer service agents did not care that at this point I was starting to cry that I was this shaken and upset and said we can sell you the battery but it is up to you to install it or you can wait till 6pm and we may be able to squeeze you in. Needless to say I have never been treated this poorly from a customer service agent and I'm aghast that they thought they were doing their job properly.

CTH8R

She should call the 1-800 number for the SCOP people:

Amanda M.:
Yesterday I purchased a product from one of your stores. I got home and realized I had not been charged the display price so I went back in today to get it straightened out. First of all the woman in customer service tried to say that I got the wrong product from a different place and tried to get it for the price I knew it was listed for. I told her its clearly marked and that I rechecked today when I went in. She got someone to check and they he said it was ticketed wring and to do it this time. She then went on about how it still wasn't on sale and the real price was what was on my receipt. Maybe as I am a young woman they think its OK to try to try to make me feel dumb or belittled. I asked about the scanning code of practice. She said other Canadian tire stores will give you that but that this store does not. Are all Canadian tire stores really run that differently? Had I have taken it to another location would I have not been hassled and this handled professionally? Surely all stores do this as a good faith for customers having to return to the store. The customer service was atrocious here, didn't even get a sorry for you having to come back

CTH8R

Craig A.:

EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE at the Ajax store...came to replace a Mastercraft utility knife using the lifetime warranty feature...tool department calls into Customer Service to make sure that the blades that come with the knife are taken out before giving it to me...LOL...classy Canadian Tire...off to Home Depot i go for the rest of my project needs

CTH8R

Mike B.:
Gotta say that your customer service sucks in both locations in Peterborough, Ontario. Tried to get some mulch today from the one on chemong road and your computer system went down. After it came back up i had noticed that i was double charged for my purchase. Went to talk to customer service and the first thing said was "well, it doesnt show decline on your reciept." Asked to speak to a manager and after a lengthy wait for the manager to come back, she tells me that her backend system doesnt show the double charge but it will have to wait until monday to get resolved. I ask her what if the system doesnt show that extra transaction and i get told that i will have to prove that i got double charged. I told her thats why i am here and i showed her my emails i get for every charge to my credit card. I also showed her my statement showing the 2 pending charges. I ask her to come talk to the cashier that rung me through to also prove that it didnt go through. I get told by the manager that she is to busy! Horrible customer service. I am seriously considering not shopping their again.

CTH8R

Dennis H.:

I have never received such horrible customer service in my life. I ordered some rims for my vehicle on March 27 at Hebron Way and was told it would take about 2 weeks. After 3.5 weeks I was told it would take another 3 weeks. I asked to upgrade the rim size as possibly the rim size was hard to get. They said i could but would lose out on the sale price (10% off). I was looking to purchase a set of tires with these new rims but the store manager could not comprehend that they would be making more money..... All i was asking was the same sale as my original purchase. All they would offer was a refund. No consideration what so ever. Normally customer service would involve the store trying to make it right. I wasn't asking anything over and above what anyone would want. For this the will also loose out on the sale of a shed also. It's a brand new store that will be going the way of Target stores if customers continue to be treated like this.

CTH8R

Wonder what happened ...

Shawn P.:
I hope you guys are happy stealing $3000 out of my pocket I appreciate it alot!!!

You guys are a joke!! You tell me to send an email then ignore me!! guess it's up to me to solve this a!! Cause at Canadian tire you steal and lie to your clients face. Shows you how well your Custermor service is. ‪#‎crappytire‬ ‪#‎willstealyourmoney

Never deal with these frauds!! Honestly can't believe you would scam someone without telling me what's really going on with my car!!! Guess that's the way canadain tire does business!! Take your money and run!!! Thanks canadain tire nice that you can scam the little guy!!!!

CTH8R

Karen F.:

Please advise customers or have better signage of the expections rule in your return policy....very very deceiving talk about not standing behind your products!!!Shame shame shame..I will never shop at Canadian Tire again

CTH8R

Sarah A.:

Heather O.:

Just brought my son to Canadian Tire to buy a bike out of the money he has saved up. Got home (an hours drive away) to discover the back tire and tube is no good. Called the store to see about getting a refund or exchanging it for another bike, only to be told there is nothing they can for us. I have a very upset 9 year old boy and am quite upset myself. Will never buy anything from Canadian Tire again!

CTH8R

Chantal G.:

Went to return a $20 garbage can today [as received dented + scratched in box] to the East location vs the North where it was purchased as I was near the East and no where near the North since my purchase. I was denied the return at that location even tho I had the original box + packaging, receipt and it was just bought last week. I was told all Canadian Tires are not the same, so WHY IS IT THAT CANADIAN TIRE MONEY WAS/IS UNIVERSAL AT ANY LOCATION ACROSS CANADA? It also does not state on the receipt that it needs to be returned to the location it was bought at. What a joke, MY VERY LAST TRIP TO YOUR COMPANY WILL BE RETURNING THE HUNK OF "GARBAGE" I received last week.

CTH8R

Tara M.:
Not impressed with the customer service at the Chilliwack, BC location tonight. Yesterday we purchased a Wood Chipper. We spoke to a customer service rep and he told us we could give it a try and if we didn't like it we could return it. Even though it said it would eat branches up to 1 3/4", it sure didn't. So hubby called Canadian Tire immediately and they said no problem, bring it in for a refund. Well tonight he takes it back and a manager on duty, on her high horse, told my hubby that it could not be returned, only exchanged. Well what good is that going to do us?? Or we could buy the next step up which is an additional $600!! All I want is my hard earned money back! This is absolute garbage!

CTH8R

Jennifer G.:

We were just returning a $40 purchase to Canadian Tire Prince George and were told that we could not make a return unless I provided ID with a complete name, address and phone number. I was not told this policy when I made my purchase nor did I provide ID when I made my purchase. I am not sure when it became acceptable for a store to DEMAND ID when making a return. I was told I could not return the item unless I provided my ID. Sorry Canadian Tire this is a bad practice and we will no longer shop at your store.

CTH8R

Ehn P.:

Hello Canadian Tire, did you know that it COSTS money to return a defective product and get store credit. You are CHARGING people to shop at your store when they already have had a bad experience with your products.... Your CT money program should not cost me money when I return something on credit and get store credit - that is the opposite of a loyalty program.

CTH8R

Jennifer C.:

Very very disappointed and disgusted with the Customer Service at Canadian Tire. So upsetting to learn they don't stand behind their products, especially their defective products. ���� Terrible!!

CTH8R

Quincy K.:

So in the flier there is a nice tent $84.99 real nice deal I thought it seemed.. I go into the store pick out the tent only odd thing is it was $399 so I goto the cashier and say there must be a problem because I have the flier here and I want to buy this.. They call there manager over who is very rude telling me there is know way I'm getting it for that price and it must of been a typo lol I'd say.. Only problem is I thought the deal was ending so it was 5min till closing so I was told to come back and talk to a separate manager.. I tried another canadian tire to see if there was a problem and they too said oh we can't do that and actually put up a correction paper up well talking to me!! Go back to finish dispute with other one to tell me it's corporate's fault and has nothing to do with there store..... Why bother even look through your fliers.. So

CTH8R

Arnie G.:

Not impressed folks! 3 years ago I paid around $500 for a Master Chef NG bbq. First year, temp gauge died, rust on grills. Second year grill and chrome second level rusting bad and deteriorating. This year now I'm opening up? Grill destroyed on bottom and top chrome just about as bad! I've tried to find replacement grills thinking ok, well done Master Chef, well done! Now after a couple years my investment only lasted a couple years. Now how much to buy yet again grills. Funny thing is? There is nothing you have, the same size! So now I either spend yet again another $500+ or... Try and shame you to make at least a product that is very expensive last more then one YEAR!

CTH8R

Kathy S.: I had an issue once with Canadian tire St-Dorothee it was resolved with screaming it didn't have to be that way but unfortunately no customer service very unprofessional!! If your not going to help your customers why have a customs service counter????

CTH8R

Will L.:

I have to admit I am ashamed at the extremely poor level of customer service provided by your store in Calgary

CTH8R

Mike LR.:

I don't know how you guys run your store but 90% of the time, I either can't find someone or they have no clue what they are doing. Unbelievable

CTH8R

Mike LR.:

I don't know how you guys run your store but 90% of the time, I either can't find someone or they have no clue what they are doing. Unbelievable