Guest-0559

Posted by an unregistered user
I was given the S1750 as a christmas gift and just opened the box this weekend to use the washer. Right out of the box there we bolts missing to keep the handle together. Went and bought some so I could assemble it.

Used it for about 5 minutes. Then the handle started leaking badly. Took it apart. Yeah it's a cheap plastic tube that leaks at the seam. What kind of garbage is that? Yeah I'm screwed. Called Simoniz, they will happily ship me another handle for $37.36. Why? What for? So that one can leak after 5 minutes or less?

What should have happened is the CSR should have said "Sir we are aware that there is a defect in the handle and we are sending you a new one that has been re-engineered, for no charge".

Complete scam. Complete crap. Proudly manufactured in the PRC (People's Republic of China). Remember when they were at least willing to say "Made in China"?

Guest-0564

This is typical of Canadian Tire and the more people who learn about it, the better off we'll be. The whole Canadian Tire policy on returns is something like this, "We've got your money now, so fuck you!"

Ha ha this is what they told me too when I tried to return mine they told me I used it and now it is mine so I went home and called customer relations they told me the stores all have 30 day over the counter exchange on simonez washers so I told the lady to email this to the stores manager he was pissed but exchanged the product for me then I drove to a different canadian tire and returned my new unopened one for a full refund ha ha I win it was very hard for me not to call the store manager where I originally purchased it to gloat took three hours but I won ha ha screw u Ct

Angry CT Guy

Ha ha this is what they told me too when I tried to return mine they told me I used it and now it is mine so I went home and called customer relations they told me the stores all have 30 day over the counter exchange on simonez washers so I told the lady to email this to the stores manager he was pissed but exchanged the product for me then I drove to a different canadian tire and returned my new unopened one for a full refund ha ha I win it was very hard for me not to call the store manager where I originally purchased it to gloat took three hours but I won ha ha screw u Ct

Yep, you're a winner. Gloat away.

CT Challenger

Good for you!

Many of the Simoniz equipment has been deemed "repair only" by Crappy Tire, and I'd be surprised if Customer Relations said you could take it back in 30 days if it was used and found to be defective.

But some are "exchange only", especially the electric ones (not gas-powered), and the manager should have given you an exchange without a hassle.

Any idea why he gave you problems returning it? Was it "exchange only", or was it "repair only"? If you happen to know the part #, that would help, too. Which store did you buy it from?

That information would help other consumers know what store to avoid, and which products are a problem.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your story.

And, thanks for those ideas:

- Get Customer Relations to email or fax the manager.
- Return the unopened unit to another store for a refund.

Sounds like Crappy Tires is the last place consumers should go for pressure washers - or anything else that might be defective.

Guest-0276

Good for getting your money back! But I hope you learned your lesson and stay away from that crappy store. 3 hours with a receipt, private information taken from your ID, plus a call to customer service to fax them the same policy they have already all over their store, plus all those multiple trips on the road, is too much just for an exchange . Say, didn't a CT Owner claim that they're bound by store policies?

3 hours and then some of your free time is outrageous. It's time you could've used for more fun things.
Does it look like CT Owner red shirt tried to screw this customer?

CT Me / Lawguy

Good for getting your money back! But I hope you learned your lesson and stay away from that crappy store. 3 hours with a receipt, private information taken from your ID, plus a call to customer service to fax them the same policy they have already all over their store, plus all those multiple trips on the road, is too much just for an exchange . Say, didn't a CT Owner claim that they're bound by store policies?

3 hours and then some of your free time is outrageous. It's time you could've used for more fun things.
Does it look like CT Owner red shirt tried to screw this customer?

Private information from your ID? oooh that's an add on.
Customer didn't say that, you just made it up.

LIAR

Guest-0276

Private information from your ID? oooh that's an add on.
Customer didn't say that, you just made it up.

LIAR

it's a known fact you take customers private id information for returns

Ct owners how about the truth, you've posted it many times before for fraud prevention, isn't that right?

CT Me / Lawguy

Ct owners how about the truth, you've posted it many times before for fraud prevention, isn't that right?

It's a known fact that one store was investigated and foudn to be in violation 6 years ago for collecting information they shouldn't have. ONE - not all. It's also a fact that the returns system is not the same as it was 6 years ago, and does not allow for such collection anymore.

it's also a known fact that the report from the investigator says that collecting name address and phone number and viewing id to verify is reasonable for said purpose.

Just a little thinking for you to do.. name address phone number. Sign a cell phone contract, some teenage girl at the desk collects that information (and banking info for your billing/payment). get your car service anywhere, name address phone number and VIN number to your car. Who gets it? whoever is behind the desk. tv contract? same. internet? same. gas, power...same. Newspaper or magazine subscription...same info collected.

Sorry dude, your name address and phone number is information that you dole out ALL the time! Why play the silly game that Canadian Tire is the only one taking it,

Angry CT Guy

Photo Id may be required is a standard line on almost every major retailers return or privacy policy. You should check it out for yourself, rather than have someone else do the work for you. Or you could call Jesse Ventura and see if he is interested.

Guest-0276

It's a known fact that one store was investigated and foudn to be in violation 6 years ago for collecting information they shouldn't have. ONE - not all. It's also a fact that the returns system is not the same as it was 6 years ago, and does not allow for such collection anymore.

it's also a known fact that the report from the investigator says that collecting name address and phone number and viewing id to verify is reasonable for said purpose.

Just a little thinking for you to do.. name address phone number. Sign a cell phone contract, some teenage girl at the desk collects that information (and banking info for your billing/payment). get your car service anywhere, name address phone number and VIN number to your car. Who gets it? whoever is behind the desk. tv contract? same. internet? same. gas, power...same. Newspaper or magazine subscription...same info collected.

Sorry dude, your name address and phone number is information that you dole out ALL the time! Why play the silly game that Canadian Tire is the only one taking it,

Give it up for CT to twist two more straight lines into a mess.

So you're comparing subscriptions, utility bills, and banking again to the unimportant, unnecessary procedure of getting our private info from our goverment ID's for a lousy return???? Wow, I don't know about everyone else, but like so many others have pointed out to CT, less and less of our info is in the phone books. Especially those in the law enforcement, healthcare, judicial etc. You think a judge will make his phone number, address available to some punk behind the counter? Please!!!

I got my oil changed last week. They did ask for my private info, but I declined. Guess what? They still changed my oil.

What's so difficult about getting PIPA 7(2) right?

Let me correct you on something else. You don't speak for me and no I don't give out my name, address and phone number all the time, especially to a two-bit store like you!!! And neither do most smartshoppers!

Guest-0276

Don't blame the consumers for being able to read the privacy commissioners report, the posts or use their own judgment!

CT Challenger

Things are heating up on facebook.

There's now another page, devoted to the crappy Simoniz pressure washers:

Simoniz Pressure washer Ripoff | Facebook

There's an interesting story on there about a wand - when it failed, the store didn't even offer the horrible "repair only" policy. Instead they came up with a variation on the "you bought it, you own it" line.

This time, they deeming the wand (which is essential for using the washer at all) to be merely an "accessory".

Imagine if they fixed cars the same way: "Sorry, but steering is simply an optional extra. The car still moves, so the steering problem isn't covered by your warranty".

Oh, wait: that IS how they fix cars, LOL!

CT Challenger

OK, here's a post from http://www.facebook.com/SimonizPressureWasherRipoffAndCrap:

Got a brand new Simoniz 2000 PSI Electric Pressure Washer this year for Father's day - purchased here -

Simoniz 2000 PSI Electric Pressure Washer | Canadian Tire

From June until the end of August probably used it 10 times for normal run of the mill stuff.
As I was washing the car the other day the wand hose sprang a large leak rendering the unit useless. It sure appeared to me to be a defect in the product.
I called CT and they directed me to call the warranty # 1-866-474-6664 which I am pretty sure is just another division of CT.
So the long and short of it is - they consider the wand an "accessory" and "accessories" are only covered for 90 days if you have the receipt. We tried to explain that it wasn't an "accessory" but part of the unit - without one it doesn't work. But it was a no go and if, because it was longer than 90 days, we wanted a replacement "accessory" it would cost $65.20 - yikes.
When we asked to speak to a "manager" we were directed to Canadian Tire & when trying to explain the problem they redirected us back to the "(lack of) warranty division.
What a scam - now I know why it's called "Crappy Tire"!
The reviews in the link certainly reflect that there have been others with the same issue - DON"T buy Simoniz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CTH8R

Anna Nuther:

Diane W.: Ha! We bought one of those Simoniz pressure washers and it was a dud. We returned it for another and in the meantime became aware of four others who had bought one. All were lemons. We had MUCH difficulty trying to return it and our store manager was overheard saying "these are lemons, why are we selling them?". And yet they still would not return the second one, blaming the problem on us and the guarantee on the second one was dated to the first purchase...the manager would not meet with us and finally "authorized" the customer service (bad name) desk to give us an instore credit. But here's the catch...we had to use that instore credit within 24 hrs. I will never buy ANYTHING from Canadian Tire again.

CTH8R

There's a Product Review contest on CT's fb page:

Mike M.: What about the power washer I bought that didn't work when I plugged it in, but you wouldn't honor the warranty? Do I get a prize for that?