CTH8R

I challenge you to an exercise,

Interesting misrepresentation, as usual.

The Moaner is claiming that the "zero days for a refund" policy at Crappy Tire, is equivalent to the "less than 365 days for a refund" policy at Home Depot.

Well, I'd rather have even 1 day at another retailer, than zero days at CT.

And we all know that the refund period at HD (gee, I must be some other person, because I used the same abbreviation as some other guy!) is at LEAST 30 days (see earlier posts on this thread).

And Costco? I be they would at least consider it, if the item was genuinely defective.

Nice illustration from the Moaner ... about how much they SUCK!

CTH8R

Just because YOU say its a misrepresentation doesn't mean that it is!
There are VERY few items that have no backing in warranty or repair. ...
Misrepresentation? That would be coming from YOU

This is SO typical of the CTMe/law guy/moaner tactic we can look back and see spanning years.

I never once claimed that there are any CT "items that have no backing in warranty or repair".

I've looked around at old posts and didn't come across any such claims by ANY consumers posting here, either.

In fact, it's the opposite: I see many, many posts from consumers confirming that they don't even CARE about warranties or repairs. Instead, they care about return policies.

So, this is all just a big, ugly diversion. A lot of made-up crap, intended to cover up all the recent misrepresentations.

Nice try: a new misrepresentation (about consumers) to cover-up your old misrepresentations (about products and competitors).

Too bad it didn't work though, LOL!

But what's REALLY dispicable?

It's the dubious CTME/Lawguy/Moaner, telling flat-out lies (let's call 'em what they are), about the consumers who post here. Over and over again.

Do you think somehow this makes you and your beloved corporation look MORE reputable?

Or less?

Jerk!

Last edited:

CT Challenger

Personally? I don't think the Crappy Tire folks should get away with libelling the good people at Home Depot, when they falsely claim that HD also has this horrible and anti-consumer Repair Only (or even an Exchange Only) return policy.

Does HD know about these false claims? Is this not actionable in court??

Owner 1

Personally? I don't think the Crappy Tire folks should get away with libelling the good people at Home Depot, when they falsely claim that HD also has this horrible and anti-consumer Repair Only (or even an Exchange Only) return policy.

Does HD know about these false claims? Is this not actionable in court??

Actionable in court? oh here we go again. LOL
I see you've stopped calling it an ILLEGAL policy after being buried on that claim, now it's just a horrible policy. Maybe it's actionable in court that you claimed the policy to be illegal.

So again all of your claims but I suspect you never actually put this to the test as I did again this morning. Sorry dude, your snowblower that you used all winter and is 7 months old, can't be returned to any retailer. It goes to be repaired under warranty.

fail

1wildhorse

o on the costco thing we bought a vacuum cleaner from there a couple weeks ago.i wasnt sure if it was the right one,but the lass there basically told me to use it and if we didnt like it to bring it back no bother.hell she even said that if i didnt get back there till the spring she would still exchange/refund it.now thats what i call customer service,and is why im shopping there!

Owner 1

The Home Depot | Customer Support | Return FAQ

Further conversation regarding Home Depot. I've posted this before, i'll hit you with it again.

Lawn tractors and lawn mowers will be repaired under manufacturer's warranty or through a service contractor at a local The Home Depot store. Please contact the Customer Care Centre at 1-800-628-0525 for further information.

Read em and weep, in black and white from Home Depot Canada's website. REPAIRED UNDER WARRANTY.
REPAIRED UNDER WARRANTY.
REPAIRED UNDER WARRANTY.
REPAIRED UNDER WARRANTY.
REPAIRED UNDER WARRANTY.
REPAIRED UNDER WARRANTY.

Not replaced. not exchanged. not refunded. NOt whatever the customer decides they want

REPAIRED UNDER WARRANTY.

Have a wonderful day

CT Challenger

Nice try, LOL!

You've pulled this particular misrepresentation before, a couple of times, I see.

Well, seems you forgot to mention a few keys things ... again!

CT Challenger

Regarding the revised Home Depot return policies posted on their web site:

Well, this in interesting.

This web site seems to say that Home Depot has now implemented a "repair under warranty" policy, for just two very specific items:
- Lawn tractors
- Lawn mowers.

This will be interesting to confirm - the last time people looked into this, there was no such policy, for any HD item.

If so, that will mean that, for lawn tractors and law mowers, Home Depot is now about as crappy as Crappy Tire has been for years.

I must say, this is very disappointing. It's hard to believe that HD would decide to stoop to Crappy Tire's low level.

We really should confirm this at a local store!

---

Now, that being said, let's not forget the big picture:

- Canadian Tire has the dreaded Repair Only Policy for a very wide range of products, including all types of outdoor power equipment.

- Not just these two items, but also: snow blowers, electric generators, compressors, weed eaters, etc.

- Also for ordinary household appliances, such as blenders, vacuums, irons, etc.

- CT also sucks because they have an "Exchange Only" warrantly on many items that escaped the Repair Only category.

- CT even has a large number of items that are "No warranty", meaning they won't even repair it.

- CT has a long history of terrible customer service.

So, overall, we can conclude that Canadian Tire still sucks far more than Home Depot, or any other major Canadian retailer.

Yes, it really will be a shame, if HD truly has decided to become as Crappy as Crappy Tire is, for those 2 specific products.

CT Challenger

Actionable in court? oh here we go again. LOL

I see you've stopped calling it an ILLEGAL policy

And I see you've once again misrepresented a simple statement (Jerk!)

The question was, can HD sue a person (such as yourself) for making libelous claims on a forum such as this?

It did not (and I think you know this, jerk) have anything to do with the Repair Only Policy.

... after being buried on that claim, now it's just a horrible policy.

Nice misrepresenation, Jerk. You know perfectly well that by calling it "horrible", that does not mean it has somehow, in the background, magically become legal.

There has been an abundance of evidence presented here, that your devious, dispicable and HORRIBLE policy is contrary to the CPA, due to ..... (wait for it) ... "misrepresentation" (something you seem to do obsessively).

And, based on the definition provided here by alleged owners like yourself, is .... (wait for it) .... "Illegal".

Jerk!

... I suspect you never actually put this to the test as I did again this morning.

Frankly, I'm really not intersted in what you may have done this morning. I hope it wasn't ... .illegal. Ewww!

But we have many other consumers who report getting resolution in court, or simply by threatening to sue.

Too bad the words is getting out!

Sorry dude, your snowblower that you used all winter and is 7 months old, can't be returned to any retailer. It goes to be repaired under warranty.

Gee, maybe you should have bought it at Costo, LOL!

Because somehow they can still make money, without screwing people over the way you do!

Last edited:

CTH8R

Regarding the revised Home Depot return policies posted on their web site:

Well, this in interesting.

This web site seems to say that Home Depot has now implemented a "repair under warranty" policy, for just two very specific items:
- Lawn tractors
- Lawn mowers.

I seem to recall reading something about Home Hardware trying to pull this off, for lawn mowers.

The consensus then, was that they sucked almost as much as Crappy Tire, for that one type of product.

And, keep in mind, even if everyone else on the road is speeding? It doesn't make speeding suddenly legal!

CT Challenger

I've posted this before, i'll hit you with it again.

Oh. And while we are tracking misrepresentations, lets not skip this one.

This is not something that was posted previously. HD has modified this site, and added this new policy.

Have a wonderful day

If true, this is a sad day, indeed, for Canadian consumers.

Your joy at their misfortune says more about your attitude towards customers, than anything else you've ever posted here.

CTH8R

Well, the fall-out from this HD revelation is going to be earth-shattering.

From now on, when CTMe/Lawguy/Moaner writes, "They all have the same damn return policy", we can't just say, "NO! CT is the only major Canadian retailer with a Repair Only policy!"

Because, starting today, we'll have to add "... except for HD, who have a repair only policy on lawn mowers and tractors".

Indeed, we've woken up in an entirely different universe this morning!

Owner 1

Gee, maybe you should have bought it at Costo, LOL!

Because somehow they can still make money, without screwing people over the way you do!

Perhaps they should have bought it at Costco. If they chose to do so, then their unit would be... wait for it.......repaired under warranty.

Poulan PRO® 250 cc Gas-powered 27-in. Dual-stage Snow Thrower

For example, this nice little Poulan unit.
Warranty and Parts at Service Dealer location only, Service Dealer may offer a service of pickup at extra charges

CT Challenger

I remember looking for a site like "Home Depot Canada Sucks". All I found was some little home-grown site with out-dated complaints, mainly from one American guy (nothing comparable to this site).

Still if anyone cares to, I suppose they could start a thread over there: "Home Depot Sucks Almost As Much As Canadian Tire - But Only For Mowers and Tractor Refunds".

But 'fall-out" here? Not much more than the expanded wording.

And remember these profound words from the CT Defender:

"Against the law, is illegal".

CTH8R

I see CTMe/lawguy has basically blown their cover as The Moaner, by simply resuming their habit, of using misrepresented copy and paste.

Care to learn the actual Retun Policy for this product? Don't trust CTME/lawguy - just view the Costco site at:

Poulan PRO® 250 cc Gas-powered 27-in. Dual-stage Snow Thrower

Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell and will refund your purchase price, with the following exceptions:

1. Electronics: Costco will accept returns within 90 days from the date of purchase for televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, touch-screen tablets, MP3 players and cellular phones and other products identified by Costco from time to time.

2. Diamonds: When returning items containing a 1.00 ct diamond or larger, Costco will require additional time to verify the diamond, in which case a refund will be approved upon positive verification. This process may require two to five business days.

1wildhorse

now thats what i call a proper policy....and from experience you dont even need to produce your receipt,because all sales are logged onto their computer linked to your costco card....so much superior than your crappy policies mr owner.is it any wonder why me and probably quite a few others are choosing to shop elsewhere these days?

1wildhorse

actually these days i think they have anti-psychotic/delusion drugs that may work for you mr owner if you still actually believe the crap you keep on coming out with.....

1wildhorse

i mean lets pick apart the latest misrepresentation,o we give a much better return policy than other retailers,a FULL 90 days.....of course that means in its original packaging,UNOPENED,UNUSED,with your receipt,photo ID,penis size,next weeks winning lottery numbers,and we MAY give you a refund after we have dusted the item for fingerprints,taken a sample of your DNA,matched it up on our non intrusive database with the RCMP,the FBI,INTERPOL and probably NASA.
then you have to spin round 3 times and click your heels together return to kansas and then and only then will we consider refunding you the $9.99 you spent yesterday......wow i cant wait to go to canadian tire they are soooo user friendly